[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question. So, my 5 year old wants to start playing pokemon,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: 6172_front.jpg (313 KB, 608x459) Image search: [Google]
6172_front.jpg
313 KB, 608x459
Question.

So, my 5 year old wants to start playing pokemon, but their not that great at reading. So, me and my wife decided to let her try pokemon snap. So, the question is, we have a Wii U and I see that pokemon snap is available on Wii VC.

From what ive read, you need to put the system in Wii mode to buy wii only games, but that theres a lot of them you can then transfer to the Wii U mode so you dont have to put it in Wii mode all the time to play the shit, and can use the tablet controller.

Now, nintendo has a list, but its like 5 games and everyone ive talked to says nintendo barely ever updates its shit and the list is horribly outdated. But before I sink money into this shit (because you also have to buy the Wii classic controller if you cant transfer it to Wii U and fuck if I have one of those around so thats another purchase), I want to know if anyone knows if it can be transferred to Wii U.

on a side note, this is the most backwards shit ive ever heard of. Why in the hell are some VC games ok on the Wii U but not all, despite it working as a fully functioning Wii.
>>
>>330902698
It looks to me that you should be fine if you buy Pokemon Snap through the Wii Shop Channel in Wii mode.

Also stop complaining about money if you're going to let your kid get into gaming. Unless you plan on turning her into another cancerous mobile gamer, gaming isn't a cheap hobby and you need to expect to have to shell out some cash on occasion.
>>
>>330902698
Go on the wii u eshop and use the search option. Type pokémon snap and see if its available.
If it's not you're fucked, you'll have to buy it on the wii eshop in wii mode and have a classic controller while hoping they MAY port it to wii u.
Everyone and their mom had the wii so they really put a lot of games on the eshop back then, including other developper like square enix, sega, SNK, etc.
Meanwhile nobody cares about Wii U so the eshop is on life support.
I'd like to buy some classic Final fantasy but noooo.
>>
>>330902698
>their not that great
thier is not the word for "they are"
>>
>>330903652
>put a lot of games on the eshop back then, including other developper like square enix, sega, SNK, etc.
>I'd like to buy some classic Final fantasy but noooo.
You can thank licensing and property rights for that. They probably expect Nintendo to give them a $20-$30k for permission to put any one of those games on the eshop even though they'd get royalty money anyway and make money off letting Nintendo sell their games.
>>
>>330903640
He's just trying to avoid unnecessary purchases that are going to go unused. Those piss you off because it's money spent on nothing. Especially if you have to spend more to make it work.
>>
>>330903812
>>>/lit/
>>
File: 1439739296234.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1439739296234.png
29 KB, 633x758
>sequel never ever
>>
>>330904101
>He's just trying to avoid unnecessary purchases that are going to go unused.
Maybe, or he's a cheap ass parent who will bitch whine and complain every time his daughter wants anything gaming related and ruin her hobby. Parents like that are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>330902698
>So, me and my wife's son
FTFY
>>
>>330902698
I don't know but your wife's child won't enjoy Pokemon Snap if they can't read well. It still requires a decent amount of reading.
>>
File: 1453822036790.jpg (81 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1453822036790.jpg
81 KB, 300x250
>>330904196
>>
>>330904276
This so much. This game was the fucking tits. I hope they make a NX version or some shit
>>
>>330903640
also stop complaining about money if you're going to let your kid get into gaming
why would I buy a controller for a single game from a dead console if I can avoid it.
>>
>>330903812
How do native English speakers have issues differentiating between they're, there and their?
>>
>>330902698
Really you should just get them X/Y or OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire. They're super easy, the latter especially and she'll be able to talk about it with other kids since no 5 year old knows what the fuck Pokemon Snap is.
You should play it with them and help them develop their reading skills.

If you're tight on money, hack your vWii. That way you can play every pre-Wii U game for free and use a Wii U Pro Controller.
Or if you're a moralfag, get her Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, it's cheap and she'll find it cute since you play as a Pokemon.
>>
>>330904525
By that same logic why buy a game for a dead console when you can avoid it?
>>
>>330904448
Not really. You can just take pictures of stuff and see if you get higher numbers and pleasant sound effects to tell if you're doing good.
>>
>>330904604
Our schools suck dick in America and they don't teach a goddamn thing.
>>
>>330904276
>sequel is made
>it has more than 15 non first-gen pokemon

not worth it
>>
File: 1422001941626.png (229 KB, 447x337) Image search: [Google]
1422001941626.png
229 KB, 447x337
I was a 7 year old BR when I started playing Pokémon, and I barely knew any basics (my name is ___, how old are you, numbers, some verbs), and I played through pokémon, which (along many other games) helped me learn english. Later on I breezes through private english classes.

I hope this information is relevant to you.
>>
>>330904525
>why would I buy a controller for a single game from a dead console if I can avoid it.
>Getting your panties in a knot over a controller so cheap you buy two of for$15.99 http://www.amazon.com/Donop%C2%AE-Controller-classic-Console-Nintendo/dp/B012XDTFRA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458070016&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=pro+controller+for+wii&psc=1
OP, are you jewish or just dirt poor?
>>
>>330902698
>not great at reading
Should probably have them read something instead
Can't play games until your homework is done Anon, and your child clearly hasn't done theirs.
>>
>>330904912
It would just be pandering to Braixenfags and Gardevoirfags anyways, because those people would pay big bucks to take snapshots of them
>>
>>330904604
I don't really understand it either. It must be too hard to think "does this sentence work with they are, and if not, is it over there or is it their item".

>>330904813
I'm in the UK and plenty of people here struggle with it as well. My fucking English teacher (I was in the higher level class) even put a huge poster explaining the differences between the three in the simplest way possible and people would STILL fuck up.
>>
>>330904981
This post got me wondering; are there any Dr Seuss video games?
>>
>>330903652
Pretty sure if you buy it on the Wii and put it on an SD card, you can run it on the Wii U through the Wii Emulation.
>>
>>330904953
>Later on I breezes through private english classes.
Maybe you should go back
>>
>>330905118
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn-EYpi7LZ8
>>
>>330905175
I need sleep, fuck you
>>
>>330905104
It comes down to nobody applying themselves, really.
>>
>>330905175
In his defense, s and d are right next to each other on qwerty keyboards and since both are actual words, spellcheck wouldn't tell you that you fucked up. If you notice the error while the post is sending then it's too late.
>>
File: file.png (13 KB, 164x95) Image search: [Google]
file.png
13 KB, 164x95
>>330905175
>>
Actually OP thats a good question, I wouldn't know the answer but you could call nintendo up, they generally have good customer service despite shit waiting times

1 (800) 255-3700
>>
>>330905118
Depending on your sense of humor and how you look at it any game with father child incest could be Dr Seuss's "Hop on Pop".
>>
>but their not that great at reading
>their

Try having someone who isn't illiterate teach them.
>>
>>330905214
My class was going to see this movie for a field trip.
I remember skipping it and staying home.

Little kid me was a fucking genius.
>>
>>330904813
Bullshit, the schools are fine it's the parents, culture, and students that are retarded. I was a terrible student until high school but I read regularly when I was a kid and never struggled to follow simple grammar rules as a result.

When you have shitty uneducated parents like OP who doesn't assume any role in their child's education it's not surprising that the child will also grow up and have literacy issues.
>>
>>330906319
>I read regularly outside of school
>my teachers had something to do with it
No. I'm a parent and I've lived in six states, the schools fucking suck. The parents, teachers, culture all suck too. It's life, it fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1457588143501.gif (2 MB, 290x264) Image search: [Google]
1457588143501.gif
2 MB, 290x264
>>330906319
A, im involved in my kids school life.
B, you dont know shit about school life, obviously, because 5 year olds are in kindergarten and they start out reading simple word books, 4-5 pages each book with maybe 20 words total. They dont start getting into reading reading until about 1st grade. a kindergartner isnt going to be able to read a full fucking novel of text
>>
>>330906465
The schools suck because we don't value education. Instead of voting fear-mongers, xenophobes, and military zealots into office find someone who would divert military spending towards early childhood education and making sure k-12 schools have an appropriate teacher:student ratio. Make teaching a more lucrative job and there will be more competition breeding higher quality educators.

Or if you have the financial means just find a nice private school which is a lot easier.
>>
>>330902698
yeah this game is like 95% reading 5% on rails shooting.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.