[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best keyboard for gaming in your opinion? post your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: memechanical.jpg (7 KB, 291x173) Image search: [Google]
memechanical.jpg
7 KB, 291x173
What is the best keyboard for gaming in your opinion?
post your keyboard itt
>>
I don't know.

No.
>>
I'd say any keyboard with some sort of cherry mx's, which you probably obviously know. As long as you get some feedback from buttons it REALLY helps you in games which require lots of input.
Currently using a WASD keyboard with Cherry MX Blues. Love it and don't think I'll ever need another mech until this one ends up breaking. Held on strong for 2 years so far.
>>
>MUHMEMECHANICAL
>>
>>330901119
i got the same corsair without the shitty plastic macro pad attatched. cherry browns. its okay.
>>
>>330901119
literally any keyboard works fine for gaming. Depending on what games you play you may benefit from some that have extra "hotkey" buttons, but for the most part all keyboards work equally as well for games.
>>
File: 1412406175023.png (8 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
1412406175023.png
8 KB, 473x500
>>330902445
>he fell for the mx brown meme
>>
File: Xbox_360_Controller.jpg (2 MB, 2640x2340) Image search: [Google]
Xbox_360_Controller.jpg
2 MB, 2640x2340
this
>>
I'm using an IBM Model M , which I love for typing, but it sucks for gaming on account of 2kro and no anti-ghosting. Which mechanical key is most like the buckling springs?
>>
>>330902491
this
My $10 Walmart keyboard does just fine.
The mouse is where quality actually counts.
>>
>>330901119

I have the k95 RGB as pictured. It's pretty good but I would not recommend it for the price. The k95 (non RGB) and the k70 are pretty solid for the price though.
>>
>>330902639

That's not a keyboard, retard.
>>
>>330902491
Yep. The mouse is one thing that really matters when making your own setup, but keyboards are pretty much all the same thing. One of mine broke and I had to borrow one from the office for a week, so I had the cheap 7 dollar hp keyboard and literally felt no difference when playing.
>>
>>330902639
this nigga plays starcraft on his controller. I'm impressed
>>
Im using a 8 year old keyboard and works just fine.
>>
>>330901119
i've got a k70 with reds, it's pretty comfy and i don't think i could break it if i wanted to.
>>
>>330902587
>frogposter
>posting about memes
>falling for non tactile reds or special snowflake "gotta be loud so people know it's mechanical" blues

why do i even reply
>>
I've had the same $10 keyboard for almost 5 years.
>>
>>330903130
>babby's first memechanical keyboard
>>
>>330903254
>confirming that you are a bluefag

at least you're not a blackfag or clearfag or some equally retarded bastardization of switches.
>>
Coolermaster Quickfire TK, with cherry MX browns

I actually spilled milk on it like a dumbass a few days ago, which killed my entire numerical row, but it dried out fairly quickly and works perfectly again now
>>
>>330902491
>literally any keyboard works fine for gaming.
The only thing you have to worry about is key rollover. If it's an old, old cheap keyboard that has something like 2-key rollover, you'll be boned in a lot of games- i.e. playing an FPS, you'll be able to run forward and strafe at the same time, but won't be able to jump, crouch or change weapons.
>>
>>330903709
Depends on the keyboard, but yeah you could potentially hit rollover problems. Pretty much any keyboard these days including the 10 dollar ones from walmart don't have that problem anymore though.
>>
I used to think all keyboards were equal, but I've had my mechanical keyboard for about a month, and I barely have to touch the keys. When I go to work with the rubber dome one it's really difficult to type because I have to be far more heavy handed,
>>
>>330903929
Like anything else you get used to it. It's like complaining that you have to press harder on a real piano than an electronic keyboard. People still compose music on both. not to mention most new keyboards are shallow. It's easier to bottom out a key on a cheap logitech keyboard than a keyboard with browns.
>>
>>330903023
well anon, either it's mechanical or you are gentle like a gay pianist
because never in my life has a membrane keyboard survived for more than 3 years
>>
any working keyboard, preferrably something comfortable,
mechanical keyboards are overkill for gaming
>>
Are mechanical keyboards really a meme? Why so?
>>
>>330905276
Mechanical keyboards are nice, but imo they're a luxury item and they add little to overall performance. The meme is all the faggots pretending like they're super important to have. If you enjoy typing and want to treat yourself get a mech.
>>
>>330905276
nah it's legit

red or browns though
>>
>>330905276
because poor people made them a meme when they see that all heavily marketed mechanical boards are light shows with 150 dollar plus pricetags when you can buy a normal keyboard with mechanical switches for like 50 dollars.
>>
>>330905375
Pretty much this.

I don't even care about the gaming aspect when it comes to mechanical keyboards. I just enjoy typing more on one. I do have to type plenty for work, school, shitposting.
>>
Ducky One with Black switches, I don't know why everyone says it's bad to type on blacks, they feel fantastic.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.