[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Game gives you a bike >Shortly thereafter, Paula joins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: EarthBound_Box.jpg (39 KB, 472x375) Image search: [Google]
EarthBound_Box.jpg
39 KB, 472x375
>Game gives you a bike
>Shortly thereafter, Paula joins your party, making the bike useless

BRAVA EARTHBOUND.

BRAVA

And what the fuck was the point of the condiment system?

>Oh man, waste a slot to carry a packet of salt instead of just having another hamburger!

When I think about it, this game actually kind of does suck. For an RPG, it has no replay value to speak of

>99% linear with no side quests
>No party organization to give certain characters priority over others
>No unique equipment builds that reward smarter thinking, not harder thinking
>No way to truly test your characters skills with the lack of a new game+ feature

Would have been nice to have, but this is give or take:
>Alternate party members
>Alternate endings
>Monster/boss arena

At the end of the day, it's still a VIDEO GAME and not an "interactive experience". You don't cut Gone Home any slack(the hipsters that love Earthbound LOVE Gone Home as well), neither should you with Earthbound.
>>
Condiments added to burgers greatly improved the health returns.
>>
File: 1419924319520.jpg (34 KB, 257x316) Image search: [Google]
1419924319520.jpg
34 KB, 257x316
>>330896064
At the end you say "it's still a VIDEO GAME", are you praising it here?

I know this copypasta is quite known but personally I would edit this part.
>>
>>330896064
>The hipsters that love Earthbound LOVE Gone Home as well
Ain't that just the broadest generalization.
>>
Undertale is better anyway
>>
JUST
>>
>>330896064
I have to disagree with the 99% linear. I literally skipped the second song boss and the game didn't care until I had already beaten the final one.
>>
I wonder why this pasta came back so suddenly
>>
>>330896064
>1 hp left
>no pp
>need to heal a large amount quick
>burger heals 10
> enemy hits for 11
>dead
>salty burger heals for 15
>not dead
>everdread
>mushroom on head
>extra 20 bucks
>>
>>330897505
Me too. I was terrified of fighting that mole as a kid, so I went back when I was Level 70.
>>
I haven't seen this pasta in a while.
Thanks, OP.
>>
File: 1455149529885.png (278 KB, 1895x855) Image search: [Google]
1455149529885.png
278 KB, 1895x855
>>330896064
http://arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/%22brava%2C%20earthbound%22/type/op/
>>
>>330897973
>second post less than a minute later
literally how
>>
>>330896064
As a furry, I agree.

The treatment of animals in this game was just deplorable. Beating up g_d's creatures, even if they are just cocroaches, is just deplorable. Also, um, vegan options anyone? I identify as a bunny rabbit and I threw up a little every time I found a burger.
>>
>>330896064
>alternate endings

POKEY MINCH IS NOW NESS
YOU ARE GIYGAS

THE GAME

IS YOU
>>
>>330898397
your newfag is showing
>>
An actual, proper experience with Earthbound:
- Cool characters
- Cool looking bosses
- An incredibly interesting and unique world to explore
- Great story
- Great artstyle / visuals
- One of the best soundtracks of all time
- Actually need to make the right decisions in battle; not some babby pokemon shit, can actually die
- Good resource management; need to properly use teddy bears, healing items, etc. conserving / getting rid of your items when appropriate

This is the proper Earthbound experience, nothing OP said even matters. And yes I know it's a copypasta but I don't give a shit.
>>
>>330900027
MOTHER 3 was much better

AAAND GO A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A AAAAAAAAAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHH9DxgD6E
>>
>>330900280
Nope. Earthbound 64 would've been better. Not even japs like Mother 3.
>>
>>330900280
Mother 3 was just ok. It's only worth playing once. The story is too mushy. Too much focus on "family" and "love" and shit. Earthbound sees Ness almost as a young adult, not as a child who needs to be coddled like Lucas.
>>
File: mofette.jpg (47 KB, 485x575) Image search: [Google]
mofette.jpg
47 KB, 485x575
>>330896064
Why do people still use this pasta? I imagine everyone has seen it by now.
>>
>>330900358
BUT THE COMBOS

>>330900587
lucas WAS a coddled kid.
>>
>>330897505
That's just bad design cause I did the same thing
>>
>>330897505
because he was the easiest boss, mushrooms were more of a challenge,
his boss fight was just paralysis alpha and gg
>>
i think janny doesnt want the secret of the mondo mole, lol
>>
File: elf_making_new_copypasta.jpg (43 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
elf_making_new_copypasta.jpg
43 KB, 620x465
>>330897626
Last summer someone began relentlessly spamming the pasta in the months leading up to Undertale's release.

Ever since then all the lower class shitposters took to it like flies to a carcass and added it to their clip tray arsenal. It's super easy to spam this one. It's also pretty fucking old, but it may just be a meme at this point instead of good pasta used to expertly extract earnest bait out of posters because of said amateur shitposters oversaturating it.

If anything this just shows how despised Mother and Mother-likes are in general.
>>
>>330900358
>Earthbound 64

I forgot that was a thing, and that reminds me. Why in the holy name I'd hell has Nintendo not remade the Mother / Earthbound in 3D and put it on the WiiU? They're complaining about lack of sales and god knows that'll attract the hipsters.

>what about Earthbound Zero?

What about it? Everyone knows the fan translation is better. Also, still no Earthbound 2. Although, I guess it is too late to release anything for the WiiU with the NX around the corner.
>>
>>330899552
fuk u fukn furfag ur ruinin v w ur shit
pls kys
>>
File: mother 2.png (1 MB, 1875x1875) Image search: [Google]
mother 2.png
1 MB, 1875x1875
>>330896064
SOMEBODY didn't take the bike out of storage after they beat Giygas and bike ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WORLD now DID THEY?

SOMEBODY didn't hear the SECRET SOUNDS the bike makes when biking through THE DEEP DARKNESSSSS
>>
Who and with didn't even play the game when? You, and your not with them

You didn't even so much to do like that you made to had and then this thread. Great was game Earthbound played and you outdated when did you go to play where no concept was familiar with you. Did you even same like the rpgs as I did? Played on with you the tropes and thoughts and fascinated mind the so. And can't even with the simple things throw back and gape mouth your laugh. I would honestly so much as to do so like with hand to face, even not kid.

Say do not as words like self thought again
>>
>>330897973
that was pretty good
>>
File: 54354.png (44 KB, 293x256) Image search: [Google]
54354.png
44 KB, 293x256
>>330903998
>SECRET SOUNDS the bike makes when biking through THE DEEP DARKNESSSSS
wait what?
>>
>>330897040
not even close. undertale was interesting but really it was pretentious.
>>
File: 1451532741762.jpg (244 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
1451532741762.jpg
244 KB, 424x600
Who /bestgirl/ here?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.