[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Defend the Steam badges and Steam's level system. It is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: latest[1].png (74 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
74 KB, 2000x2000
Defend the Steam badges and Steam's level system.

It is a bullshit way to get you to pay for worthless shit and wring money out of people. At the very least it should be easier to level up just by buying games and the fact that achievements don't effect your level (like they do on the psn) is just fucking stupid. Your Steam level should reflect how dedicated you are to gaming, not how dedicated you are to buy worthless badges to inflate your level.
>>
k
>>
Only people with terminal autism care about Steam level.
>>
>>330894659
>Defend the Steam badges and Steam's level system
ignore it, it's that simple
>>
>>330894659
It's advanced jewry but the valvedrones will defend it anyway.
>>
I use Steam to buy and play games, nothing more and nothing less
>>
File: 559fd9c86dc88[1].png (270 KB, 492x512) Image search: [Google]
559fd9c86dc88[1].png
270 KB, 492x512
>>330895076
>>
WHO CARES
H
O

C
A
R
E
S
>>
>>330894659
i would, but a level 8 like you wouln't understand
>>
>>330894659
>caring about levels

It's literally a cosmetic. It means nothing
>>
>>330896497
It's not cosmetic your cap on friends is tied to your level
>>
>>330894798
this. had steam since it started. friends ask me for cards every once and a while and i give them to them because i don't know what the fuck steam level is even for. sell all cs skins for the 10 cents or whatever the hell they're worth.
>>
>>330894659
>Your Steam level should reflect how dedicated you are to gaming

Gotta let everyone know how much of a hardcore gamer you are?
>>
>>330894659

Literaly all of Valves schemes are aimed at getting 15-18 year olds to get pulled into what is basically gambling.

>im so vain I want every to see how mcuh i obsess over this shit
>i can make money by playing video games my life is perfect i made like $100 over 7000 hours of playing
>>
>>330896610
>having more than 10 friends on steam

you're not some faggot who adds random people after playing one game with them and then never talks to them again, are you? you don't go into /v/ steam friends threads, do you?
>>
>>330896610

steam lets you have a buch of friens without level

if you want to have 99999 friends on your steam account then maybe you should go to facebook
>>
>>330896610
>implying you have more than 3 friends
>>
I'm level 27. Traded old shitty him ble games for cards. Totally worth it. I got a rare background for trails in the sky first chapter and sold it for around... 30 bucks I think. Ended up buying ffxiv with that and started rmt with it. Fun stuff.
>>
>>330896880
No, i'm not and i don't play multiplayer games with friends or particularly care about steam friends but the fact that there is a cap depending on the level makes it not cosmetic.
>>
>buy and play games
>don't give a shit about badges or levels
>get card drops from games
>sell those cards to people who care about them
>get pennies
What was the issue again?
>>
>>330894659

I love them because i can sell useless shit to retards and get vidya
>>
>>330897092
>serves no function other than increasing a cap that you'll never hit anyway
>not cosmetic it's like it's not even there

what is the default cap anyway? like 100? couldn't you just join groups or something instead at that point?
>>
>>330897393
That's not the point. The point is that it's a retarded system that's set up so Valve can squeeze the maximum amount of Shekels out of it's userbase.
>>
File: disgust.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
disgust.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>willingly using DRMs
>mad because he has to pay for increasing his DRM level, whatever the fuck it means
>>
> Buy and play The Culling for about a week
> Check marketplace
> Sell a bunch of 0.30 - 5$ items
> Return on investment makes me win a few bucks more than the game price

You wouldn't believe how many shit I got in exchange for some digital crap like cards and cosmetic items.
I once found someone dumb enough to buy a TF2 item for about $70. You can make money from stupid people that way, so why do you complain?
>>
>He's so fucking poor he can't afford a steam level higher than 50

casuals get off my /v/
>>
>>330894659
You all seem to be veterans of Steam and I don't know where else to ask but could I buy a off-the-shelf laptop, Windows 10 pre-installed, to play older games off of Steam? System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Thief, Half Life, Age of Empires, etc.

I don't know the specs but it runs about 300 dollars.
>>
>>330897643
But that would imply a need to invest in the system. There's no underlying *need*, only impulsive wants. And most stable humans can hold off on such petty impulses.
>>
>>330898013
The retards who give me money for worthless shit is always nice but it just annoys me that valve set up this system to maximise profit, it feels really jewy
>>
>>330898229
>only impulsive wants
what is there even to want? i don't even know what all these badges and cards are for. i already have 72 cards and a booster pack. should i just click on sell?
>>
>>330898284
Protip: businesses aren't a charity, they want to get every cent they can to maximize profits including getting suckers to spend real money on virtual items.
It's easy to use this system against said retards to get yourself free virtual steam money and free games, or if you're thrifty real money.
>>
>>330898284
are you dumb? of course companies want to make money, that's the only reason why companies even exist besides a select few.
>>
>>330898229
Nothing about that implies that implies a need to invest in the system. It is blatantly an effort to get money out of the userbase as instead of using a proper level system that is tied to achievements or playtime or games owned or something else like that, they made a system that relies on retards to endlessly buy cards and craft badges to increase their level so valve can take their cut.

I probably wouldn't care about my level even if they had a proper system, but if they are going to have a level system then they should have one that is actually worth a fuck.
>>
>>330898524
No shit. But McDonalds doesn't charge 10c per napkin.
>>
>>330894659
It's fine, what's the problem?
>>
>there are people in this thread with in depth steam profile pages

why do people even bother setting this shit up? especially hilarious is the "showcase" for your biggest timesink radical cheevos you earned to impress your efriends
>>
>>330898898
obviously because if you overdo it the costumers won't come back. you should learn what maximizing profit means before talking about it.
>>
I've reached level 36 without spending a dime on cards.
So, get fucked.
>>
>>330894659
>Defend the Steam badges and Steam's level system.

You don't have to spend money on anything if you don't want to.
>>
>>330894659
What problem do you have with the system?

-I you collect them good for you.
-If you ignore them you can earn money by selling cards.
-Devs and Valve get a share, which is good for all.

Everyone wins.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.