[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At this point, is Shadow the Hedgehog even in the bottom 5 Sonic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: ShadowTheHedgehogWallpaper800.jpg (101 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ShadowTheHedgehogWallpaper800.jpg
101 KB, 800x600
At this point, is Shadow the Hedgehog even in the bottom 5 Sonic games?
>>
Depends.
Does Flicky count as a Sonic game?
>>
>>330893224
Try top 20% of the top 5 sonic games.
>>
>>330893224
Mainline? Yes.
Overall? No.
>>
This is a really fun game if you don't take it seriously.
>>
File: shadow love.gif (1 MB, 465x348) Image search: [Google]
shadow love.gif
1 MB, 465x348
I SEE NO, HEAR NO EVIL
>>
GOAT sonic game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2luHv92A1Q
>>
Eh, if only because of the premise and a couple of missions being really fucked up. And we're counting junk like Tails Skypatrol and Sonic Labyrinth.

But yeah, it's passable unlike many of the recent mainline games.
>>
>>330896471
BLACK WRITING'S ON THE WALLS
>>
File: shadow the hedgehog.gif (48 KB, 375x287) Image search: [Google]
shadow the hedgehog.gif
48 KB, 375x287
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ottcrUf3Pu
>>
>>330894408
>Mainline

Remember that Sonic 4 Episode 1 and 2 are Mainline titles.

Shadow > Heroes > Unleashed > 2006 > Episode 2 > Episode 1
>>
>>330893224

Other than the edginess what was everybody's problem with the game?
I thought it was fun
>>
Even by Sonic stands it remains zero-effort trash
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veSFrIVKXOY

What did Shadow mean by this?
>>
A Shadow the Hedgehog sequel is actually the only modern Sonic game they could make barring SA3 that I would buy
>>
>>330898291
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1QtrI1J2uXR
>>
>>330893224

If somebody unironically defends it that usually means you can safely disregard all of their opinions
>>
>>330899073
>If someone disagrees with me that usually means you can safely disregard all of their opinions
Little fuckin posterboy for /v/'s tier of discourse ain't you
>>
>>330899420

Usually my line line of thinking would be silly.
But when we're talking about 1/10, zero effort garbage like Shadow the Hedgehog, defending it usually means that person will just eat up whatever Iizuka shits out as long as it features Sonic the Hedgehog.
>>
It isn't good. But it isn't shit either

But the soundtrack is top tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVSigVJcPxU
>>
>>330899678

Shadow The Hedgehog is a solid 5/10.
>Bu-bu-buhtt when reviewers say 5/10 they mean 1/10! 8/10 is average!
Fuck off, holy fuck.
>>
>>330899678
That's the problem with the Sonic 3D games. People always favour the one they grew up with no matter how shit it is. Sonic Heroes and SA2 were highly regarded until recently despite being garbage. Now that the Shadow the Hedgehog fanbase is 16-19, it's suddenly a decent game even though everyone hated it at the time.
>>
>>330897789
I was about to come here to say this
I legit don't like any Sonic game I've ever played (including 2D) but Shadow wasn't that bad. It wasn't great, wasn't even good. But it was aight. Plus the branching story idea was pretty cool imo.
>>
>>330900275
I dunno, the fact the levels were trash, the enemies did nothing, the story was retarded?
>>
>>330899760

It sounds like shit.
Graphics and art direction would have been shamefully bad even if it had come out three years sooner.
It's a terrible platformer because Shadow controls like shit and the level design is uninspired corridors of floating shit over a bottomless pit
It's a terrible shooter because strafing is useless, the guns aren't interesting or punchy and there's no enemy variety.
It's a terrible hybrid of the two because Ratchet and MDK did this kind of gameplay far better, and at an earlier date.
The mission system is just an excuse to pad the game out by making you play every level three times over doing banal collectathon quests.
Story and stage transitions are disjointed messes no matter what path you take.
The concept alone is about the trashiest thing they could have done.

I honestly can't think of a single thing this game does right. Sonic 06 has more redeemable qualities.
Hey, the system works, I can safely disregard your opinions from now on.

>>330900052

Are Sonic Boom Wii U apologists going to start popping up in like 8 years?
>>
File: NotEvenGoodEnoughToBeMy.png (55 KB, 196x193) Image search: [Google]
NotEvenGoodEnoughToBeMy.png
55 KB, 196x193
>>330899727
>Think "Is it Lava Shelter? It better be lava shelter"
>It wasn't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlr7uN0lBVM
>>
>>330900992
>Apologist
I agree that Boom was ass, but people who use that term are literally saying "stop liking what I don't like".
>>
>>330901591

Maybe they wouldn't be called apologists if they didn't defend shovelware because of the brand name on it.
>>
>>330897789
>>330899073

kek
>>
>>330901917
>Literally not understanding what shovelware is
>All this angst in your posts

Kid confirmed.
>>
>>330901591
>Apologist
Do you not know what an apologist is? They do actually exist. I wouldn't call Skyward Sword fans apologists because most of it is opinions, but the Sonic fandom is fucking riddled with autists and nostalgics who defend garbage like SA, Unleashed, and Shadow.
>>
>>330902834
Yep, sounds like "stop liking what I don't like"
>>
File: gun commander.png (116 KB, 338x249) Image search: [Google]
gun commander.png
116 KB, 338x249
>>330902614

>Literally not understanding what shovelware is

Something with zero effort or money put into it, for the purpose of churning out a quick buck with the lowest possible investment. Which is exactly what shadow is.
Unless you want to argue these graphics were state of the art in 2005. Which is probably what Shadowfags actually believe
>>
File: Whoops_by_kichigai.jpg (324 KB, 822x617) Image search: [Google]
Whoops_by_kichigai.jpg
324 KB, 822x617
>>330894301
>This nigga didn't like flicky
fite me
>>330897789
Framerate issues, some of the levels are just poorly designed, chaos control runs are boring, Grinding rails is perhaps the worst thing I have ever played in a sonic game, using vehicles feels overall feels like shit, A lot of the multiple endings are shit, unplayable multplayer.

I still thought it was fun though.

>>330893224
Yeah
>Sonic Darkbrotherhood
>Sonic 06
>Sonic Boom
>Shadow The Hedgehog
>Sonic 3D blast
>>
>>330899760

You're projecting. When did he say anything about reviewers?
>>
>>330897619

What the fuck

Sonic 4 might be mediocre but it's still a relatively competent sonic game
>>
>>330903843
>unplayable multplayer
Now that's just blatant bullshit. Multiplayer was the tightest shit and you know it. All I could ask more of it is for there to be a race mode in regular stages.
>>
>>330904838
MAYBE if you had the based as fuck gamecube version, I couldn't locate the gamecube copy as a kid so i settled for the PS2 version and that shit's framerate was so awful
>>
>>330897619
>shadow and heroes above unleashed and sonic 4

lol
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.