[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls- boss backtracking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: jsGzS.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jsGzS.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
is this the cheapest most stupidest design choice in these games? Why the fuck do you have to walk few minutes every time while killing a boss? That makes the fights more difficult and frustrating than the challenge itself.

What other cheap tricks do Souls games have?
>>
>>330890127
git gud faget
>>
making faggots like you mad apparently
>>
>tfw you don't even consider any souls games to be hard anymore

from sold out t b h
>>
>>330890127
There's a bonfire right next to the door shortcut you fucking pleb.
>>
>>330890127
Guess what? If you get gud and don't die, you don't have to back track. This is one of the best parts about souls games, you absolute child.
>>
>>330890183
backtracking has nothing to do with being good you cuck
>>330890207
well I believe that is their goal, to make you mad so you make stupid mistakes
>>
>>330890127
As much as i love Anor Londo, i have to agree.It was nothing but frustrating just to go all the way up to the those platfrom for 3-4 mins just to get killed by those archers again.
>>
>>330890501
its not just anor londo, for almost every boss fight you have to run pointlessly for at least a minute to get to the fog.
>>
>>330890127
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>330890672
it's not the only game that does this but it's more annyoing in DS games because everything respawns

they could introduce an item that locks down respawns around the area of a bonfire if you desire to beat the boss or something
>>
File: 5357754378.jpg (67 KB, 530x800) Image search: [Google]
5357754378.jpg
67 KB, 530x800
>years from now, people will emulate Demon's Souls and Bloodborne with save states

Good lord.

To answer OP: Same reason you can lose all your unspent souls upon a second death. Both that and the boss jog are foundational to the risk-reward system present in all the games.
>>
>>330890127
>i'm bad at video games! please rape my face hulaghulagh
>>
File: 1429519303792.jpg (204 KB, 465x592) Image search: [Google]
1429519303792.jpg
204 KB, 465x592
>>330890501
Running through it in human form was the worst, I would -always- get invaded after making it past, and it means I can't light that bonfire.
>>
OP in every game you have to travel to the boss, in Dark Souls there's just stuff in the way. The game was designed to be difficult but I've completed it so I don't know what you want me to say but No shit its tough to get to the boss, git gud.
>>
>>330891797
an item would be an excellent option
>>330891835
>>330892048
there is no risk, mostly you just run directly to the fog with zero souls, except if you're in human form. I'm specifically talking about backtracking to a BOSS fight, not the general backtracking, thats okay.
>>
You idiots need to understand that complaints about design aren't complaints about difficulty.

For the most part though, I thought the treks back to the bosses were pretty reasonable in Dark Souls 1. Gwyn's is the only one that stands out as a pain in the ass to redo.
>>
>die to boss
>run past literally everything to get back to fog
>fight boss again
I'm never going to understand how the one guy who makes this thread every day has an issue with this. It's already easy enough.
>>
>>330893465
if you tend to die a lot it is frustrating as hell(and when you have zero souls dying is not a big deal)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.