[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which versions of FF IV, V and VI are the best to play?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1457792637658.jpg (57 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
1457792637658.jpg
57 KB, 256x224
Which versions of FF IV, V and VI are the best to play?
>>
>>330883828
Psp version of iv is the best, ds version and phone versions are mediocre at best.
Gba version of v with restoration patches, and gba version of 6 with restoration patches.
>>
PSP version of 4
GBA version of 5 and 6
>>
>>330883828
The ones on Steam, don't buy into the meme that they're somehow worse
-They look better
-They sound better
-They're on Steam
-Achievements
>>
>>330884032
They looks like Phone games.
They are the phone games.
When has anyone given a shit about steam achievements ever.
>>
>>330883828
Responses are disgusting. IV and V on either real GBA hardware or with a shader that fixes the colors in an emulator, NO PATCHES. FFVI on the other hand should only ever be played on the SNES, preferably with the Woolsey Uncensored patch. Fucking underage shitters
>>
>>330883828
snes or gba for all three. I prefer the translation for snes since that's what I grew up with.
>>
DS is the best for IV for superior gameplay

V is best on GBA

VI is better on GBA but SNES is fine
>>
>>330887389
What does the DS version of IV add to gameplay? I can't stand that shitty 3D-chibi and the sprite art for the PSP version looks gorgeous.
>>
>>330888457
it's the most challenging version of FF4 (PSP one being literally the most babby-tier easy) and it introduces new stuff like augments and more fleshed out perks for each character

Not to say that PSP FF4 is bad, but goddamn they really toned down the difficulty way too much on it, which is what made the original FF4 stand out from the other FFs to begin with
>>
>>330888457
They tweaked a ton of mechanics and the game is generally much better balanced. Status effects are actually useful, for example. There's also some new features like Augments which lets you customize the skills of characters.

If you can't stand the models though either GBA or PSP will service.
>>
>>330890872
>Status effects are actually useful, for example.
FFIV is already one of the best examples of this in the entire series.
>>
>>330883828
PSP of IV
GBA of V and VI
>>
>all these losers suggesting the shitty PSP version of 4

It's either the DS release or the Namingway patch for SNES. Former is technically better, but the latter is as close to the original experience as we'll ever get.
>>
>>330883828
PSP version of IV is the best version to go off of, the DS one is also acceptable. Ignore all other options.
>>
It's up for debate, but fuck the vanilla GBA versions of each of those. The patches improve them each greatly.
>>
SNES version of VI is better than the GBA version.

>b-b-but my restoration patches!

Once you bring patches into the argument, SNES version stomps even harder. Not only can you fix all the dumb bugs in the game, you can customize it however you want and fix some otherwise useless mechanics and abilities.

GBA version also introduces some new bugs.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.