[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fix me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 20130122052041a0ddo73pv1me8v21.jpg (855 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20130122052041a0ddo73pv1me8v21.jpg
855 KB, 1920x1080
I can't enjoy games. I don't even try new games anymore. I find myself replaying oldies for the xth time. All because of the Internet. Everywhere I go I see people hating on everything that comes out. I come here - people rage about everything. I read steam reviews - I only check the negative ones where people point out what is wrong with a game, instead of looking at the positive aspects. I'm too afraid to buy something new and put hours into the game just to realise that the negative reviews were right.

But then I play some old games, or try a random new title out of boredom without checking opinions. And I like the game. Then I come here and it turns people hate it.

It makes me think, do you actually hate every single game or is it me seeing only the negative opinions and being too afraid to check it out myself. Fix me.
>>
get a life
get a job
fix your autism
>>
>>330882872
kys
>fixed you
>>
>>330882872
Take a break, do something else. Then go back to having fun with games when you feel stressed from something.
>>
>>330882872

Maybe you should take a break from the internet for a while. or try forming your own opinion about things instead of always depending on internet reviews.

are there any games you are looking forward to that are coming out this year?
>>
This site is filled with assholes. At least a few that hate one specific game. Those are the ones discussing games. While most modern games are shit. There are still some good ones. Just decide for yourself. Usually a lot of negative reviews get me to play a game because modern hipster reviewers don't like actual gameplay. They consider it Archaic unless the game plays itself and has a story that fingers itself while telling you it.
>>
>>330882872
If it's shit, people hate it.

If it's great, people want to be special and pretend to hate it so it seems like they have better standards than everyone else.

If it's mediocre, people will hate on the points that could have been better rather than what it did right.

Then you have the fact that some games just don't do it for some people, so they hate it.

Then you have the people who see all the hate and go in expecting to hate it, so they hate it. Or they just never play it and hate it because other people do.

Especially on /v/, it's a lot easier to get a thread started with shitposting rather than actual discussion, so you get shit flinging from both sides which just makes it all worse.

Someone's always gonna hate something, no matter what. Just play what you want.
>>
>>330882872

Don't read/believe people
Seeing is believing
Pirate vidya first.

Alternatively leave this shit hole.

I try tons of games and dont play any of them but its completely unrelated to this place or the internet
>>
>>330882872
>Everywhere I go I see people hating on everything that comes out
People love to hate. Ignore them and form your own opinion. Try pirating a game first if you want to try it out before purchasing it. Games like Rocket League are incredibly popular right now but most people on /v/ will claim its a shitty meme game and you shouldn't play it. I played MGSV and thoroughly enjoyed it, but here on /v/ it's basically the worst game that was ever produced. I've also played the shit out of a lot of lesser known games I've gotten in Humble Bundles because they ended up appealing to me.

Just look for games that you think could be fun and play them without worrying about what other people think.
>>
>>330883803
I have no problems forming my own opinion. I really love some of the games that are hated here and anywhere else, but nothing people say about those titles make me stop liking them in any way. "Yeah, well, that could have been executed better" is my reaction, if there's any.

I don't want to risk wasting my money on something I've already read the review about.
>>
>>330882872
form your own opinions retard

this is a negativity echo chamber, not a place with "good taste", you haven't figured that out by now?

go play ori and the blind forest you fuck
>>
>>330884730

Again, piracy, Steam Refunds.

If you are a consolefag - then enjoy the hole you dug, and going into games with other peoples misconceptions firmly in your mind from reading reviews.
>>
>>330882872
take a break.

catch up on anime, manga, tv show etc.

when i say break i mean like 3+ month one
>>
>>330882872
My favorite game ever, and I've been gaming for awhile over lots of different platforms/titles, is fallout 3. No review or anon will take that away from me. Just stick with your own opinions about games you like, and everything will be okay.
>>
>>330882872
Why would you let the fact that other people hate something stop you from enjoying it?
>>
>>330885410
It's stops me from trying out new things, I enjoy my previous games despite the hate about them I have discovered.
>>
>>330884730

Don't depend too much on reviews. watch gameplay videos on youtube.

I have bought games that have gotten really bad reviews but I still enjoy them.

remember, a review is somebody elses opinion.
>>
>>330885506
Well then try new things. Look at the gameplay and form your own opiniom on whether that looks good or not
>>
>>330882872
stop coming to this shithole.

fixed.
>>
>>330885869
/thread
>>
>>330882872
>I can't enjoy games. I don't even try new games anymore.
>picture of Black Desert

fix your taste
>>
>>330886620
agreed. posting a korean mmo screenshot doesn't instill much confidence for your future.
>>
>>330886938
>>330886620
not even playing mmos, just a random picture
>>
File: discussion.jpg (39 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
discussion.jpg
39 KB, 848x480
>>330882872
Quit being so influenced by other people's opinions and play what you like.
>>
File: cynicalass.jpg (52 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
cynicalass.jpg
52 KB, 624x352
you're getting older
>>
>>330888228
>buy it despite everyone pointing out how much of a fail the game is
>like it before playing it
gl right there
>>
>>330882872
/v/ was killed long ago by NEETs who used to enjoy games, but are too depressed to enjoy them anymore so spend their time shitposting contrarian opinions which get parroted around by the underage trying to fit in.

If you've been here long enough you should have naturally progressed to /vg/ to actually discuss games.

Put some distance between yourself and this shithole while you still can.
>>
Don't buy games fagget, just pirate them and try them
>>
>>330883018
First Post Best Post
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.