[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good? I'm looking for a genuine comfy and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: build cars.png (628 KB, 1074x1500) Image search: [Google]
build cars.png
628 KB, 1074x1500
Is this game any good? I'm looking for a genuine comfy and fun game to play with a friend of mine. Preferably a non toxic MMO (if something like that even exists)
>>
no endgame

leveling is fun
>>
>>330882342
so no raids at the end or anything?
>>
>>330882269

No Content: The Game
>>
>>330882420
there is but you will complete everything very fast
>>
>>330882342
Pretty much sums it up. Literally nothing to do when you hit max level, except grind for shitty cosmetics
>>
>>330882420
There is raiding and open world pve and pvp and world pvp zones. Thats all pretty much. Theres plenty to do
>>
>>330882468
okay but is getting there fun at least? how long does it take to get to max lvl?
>>
>>330882546
A few days maybe 5? I can't remember, last time I levelled a char to 80 it took me one day with all the exp boosters I could find.
>>
>>330882737
5 days for a considerably low price sounds pretty good tbqh fampai. thx
>>
>>330882269
I've played it since the head start.

No MMOs are actually good, so it depends what you enjoy in the current state of them. The main draw of this game is the character styling to be honest. It does a very good job equipment wise, of allowing you to theme characters to your hearts content.

The other thing that made me continue to enjoy it (and the most vital part) is that outside of WoW, it is the only MMO that actually feels nice to control. Your character animates smoothly, has a nice sense of weight to their form and the combat is extremely smooth. It just has those added things that so many MMOs fail to add.

For instance, whilst you're attacking, if you decide to target a mob and circle it, your character wilkl continue his attacks but rotate his upper body as far as within reason. You can attack whilst walking, interrupting animations doesn't have any jerkiness to it etc.

There are a lot more pros and cons to everything ofc, but as with all MMOs you spend the majority of your times running around hitting things whether mobs or players and this game has the best feel whilst doing that on the market.
>>
>>330882905
>low price

You know it's f2p, right?
>>
>>330883230
Nope senpai, 45,- € here in Austria.
>>
>>330882269
No. It's shit.
It's so bad that I posted my cd-key here a year or two ago and I'm pretty sure nobody even bothered using it.
>>
>>330883461
Oh, okay. I guess they only charge Austrians then.
>>
>>330883461
It's free m8, here.
https://account.arena.net/register?alt=gw2&cid=93:5::::Global:40:::
>>
the game is fun for a good 50+ hours but you have to be interested.
>>
>>330883829
wow couldn't find it anywhere on steam or something. that other anon posted a link. but i'll have to pay for the heart of thorns expansion?
>>
>>330882269
gw2 is pretty comfy to play. expansion zones are a bit rage worthy as mobs will wreck you if you just stand around in pure dps stats
>>
My problem with this game is making gold, it's so fucking hard to make gold, it takes fucking forever to acquire a decent amount and they do this so they can force you to buy gems to convert to gold.

Fucking jews.
>>
File: Walls of Guild Wars 2.jpg (2 MB, 3150x2910) Image search: [Google]
Walls of Guild Wars 2.jpg
2 MB, 3150x2910
People that say that you should play the game just for level and leave after the level is max should be shot at the spot. That does not excuse the game from being terrible if you can't even stay for the end game.

>>330882531
>plenty to do
No there isn't it. Anything that is worth doing was nerf. Dungoening is nerf and no one hardly does it. Fractal require a stupid amount of acended just to do it, and it's nerf to death. WvW is ignored and turn into a zergfest that only cares about trading wins, and only T1 and T2 does WvW now. PvP is metafest.

>>330883870
>>330883230
It's free in a sense that it's a demo. PvP is other wise, P2Win and you can't do Fractal max level or Raid without it. That and the Raid is a once a week cooldown, leaving the only viable farming area the Silverwaste, which is bad in all account when I see one.
>>
>>330883461
you can play free with limitations or buy the expansion which includes the base game.
>>
>>330882269
it's very comfy and chilled out
also nice people around
I only played for a couple hours so far
there are some restrictions before you buy the addon though, most notably you can't whisper people a lot
>>
>>330882269
Nostalrius is better and cheaper
>>
>>330889358
they're both just as cheap
>>
It's so bad that even the composer for the game dissed it recently.

But hey it's free so can I really complain? Even when I played GW1 I could tell 2 was going to be shite.
>>
>>330889471
I would rather recommend Nostalrius over GW 2 simply because it doesn't screw with their playerbase for money all the time.
>>
>>330889471
Nostalrius won't limit your gameplay without paying though.
>>
>>330883461
Just save your cash and play something else. There tons of mmos out there that is worth going into and it doesn't cost you a dime.
>>
whats the best class
>>
>>330890042
warlock
>>
>>330891634
>not dragoon
Do you even class?
>>
>>330890042
All heavy armor classes are god tier.
They are also very fun to play, I love Warrior in PvP and Guardian in PvE. Revenant is great in both as far as I remember
>>
File: never ever.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
never ever.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
IT IS GARBAGE

DO NOT BUY

STAY AWAY
>>
>>330891840
>warrior
>god tier
I SWUNG A SWORD! I SWUNG THE SWORD AGAIN!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.