[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Insatiable.png (156 KB, 409x312) Image search: [Google]
Insatiable.png
156 KB, 409x312
What's the difference between a bunch of inputs being a single move and a combo?
I'm a little confused about what decides what an attack is.
>>
>>330877285
I'm a little confused what you mean.
If a bunch of inputs result in a single move it's a single move, if it results in consecutive moves it's a combo or string or some such term depending on how the game differentiates combos based on their content.
>>
>>330877285
For soul calibur, a combo is a series of moves that will hit your opponent without them being able to get out of until a key point, or the end of a combo, some combos only worked if you got up at the wrong time or blocked the wrong move.
>>
>>330877429
>>330877429
Sorry, I should mention the specific attack that confused me.

I was playing Tekken 3 and Heihachi has an attack where you press -> square <- circle triangle

He does like three hits as you put it in.
>>
>>330877285
A combination of inputs can made a single hit and a combination of hits made a combo
>>
>>330877749
I remember that old exploit.
Playing KOF with Clark
If you do a U backwards 2 times and hit high punch, it will grab and throw the opponent, now if you jump into him, in mid air do the first U, then hit me with kick or punch, then do the second U and hit High punch, it will make a combo of 1 hit and the grab, and most important, the combination of inputs isn't broken because you do shit in the middle, it must have a timeout, but it long enough, look for blue Mary combos in KOF98-99, you have to keep pressing left for 1 second, then change to right and hit low kick, but you can do other shit while waiting, I'm not anymore into this, it must have a name, or more details of how-to.
>>
>>330878513
Exploit?
It was in the commands list.
>>
>>330878605
Some fighting games break the movement if something else is in the middle, so you are forced to do the combination of inputs only..
Mortal combat had that, you had to hold block before starting a fatality because sometimes you let a punch go, and there goes your opoirtunity.
I knee it as the combos exploit when I was introduced to KOF 97
>>
File: nicegame.jpg (40 KB, 1919x402) Image search: [Google]
nicegame.jpg
40 KB, 1919x402
Defend this.
>>
>>330879101
Block
>>
>>330879228
I think it's like Ralphs punch, can't block, only dodge by a dash or jump.
Would be awesome to do counterspecials
>>
>>330879043
Oh, okay. My mistake.
I have a lot to learn.
>>
>>330877749
That's a string, which is basically a premade combo.
>>
>>330879101
>Yukikaze
It's a special counter that freezes you if you trigger it. Stop mashing.
>>
>>330879440
Don't waste that much on fighting games, now it's full of empty games and spammers... And the competitive autismos
>>
>>330879506
>still have a full screen attack
>>
>>330879667
>attack
>>
>>330879667
If it doesn't trigger it's a waste of 50 meter and leaves you open.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.