[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we hate Sonic for "being edgy" when every game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 500x491
Why do we hate Sonic for "being edgy" when every game in the last couple years has been edgy?
>>
Probably has something to do with the fanbase I dunno.
>>
>Last couple years

Try over a full decade with Shadow the Edgehog.
>>
>>330874813
Because Sonic games try to shove a cartoon-ish character in a dark and gritty world. It'd be like watching Felix the Cat have an episode in Sin City
>>
>>330875013
Sonic games have never been dark or gritty. What the fuck are you on?
>>
>>330874813
>people complaining about edgy shit are major dark souls and yandere simulator fans
>>
>>330875013
Fuck off grandpa.
>>
>>330874813
We don't hate sonic for being edgy, I'm not sure i've heard that in relation to sonic outside of Shadow.
We hate sonic because all of the series' games keep being fucking awful
>>
>>330875097
>Shadow the Hedgehog
>>
>>330875424
>Shadow the Hedgehog

>1 game out of the whole franchise that is not even a sonic game but a spin off with a literally who character

Somehow this makes sonic edgy?
>>
>>330874813
Sonic hasn't been edgy in ten years. Most of the recent games have been trying to be wacky and snarky.
>>
>>330874813
we hate sonic because sonic games fucking suck
>>
i unironically enjoy shadow the hedgehog and think it's much better than any of the other pre-unleashed 3d games
>>
He hasn't been edgy in years.
Lost World and Boom are just awful games
>>
Get with the times. Sonic is cartoony now. 06 and Shadow are both at least 10 years old
>>
>>330875559
Shadow the Hedgehog isn't even that edgy. He's just a cartoony anti-hero in the end. Games like Warrior Within or DmC are much more edgy
>>
File: 1346697565260.jpg (39 KB, 288x284) Image search: [Google]
1346697565260.jpg
39 KB, 288x284
Because when you actively try to be cool, hip & mature it usually ends up as an artificial caricature you can't take seriously. Even worse when done with something that was none of those things to begin with.
>>
>>330874813
You don't belong here. Please leave.
>>
>>330874813
>Edgy
The fuck are you talking about?
We hate Sonic because it's fucking garbage.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.