[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genesis>SNES >Sonic is better than Mario >Streets of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: genesis-and-snes.jpg (19 KB, 350x150) Image search: [Google]
genesis-and-snes.jpg
19 KB, 350x150
Genesis>SNES

>Sonic is better than Mario
>Streets of Rage is better than Final Fight
>Phantasy Star is better than Final Fantasy
>Ristar is better than Kirby
>Gunstar Heroes is better than Contra
>Castlevania Bloodlines is better than Super Castlevania 4
>Aladdin on Genesis is better than Aladdin on SNES
>>
>>330870610
k
>>
>>330870610
Ristar is wet catshit comparred to Kirby.

If anything, Ristar is Dynamite Headdy's retarded slow cousin. Even fucking Ray Man is better than Ristar.

Wow, I replied.
>>
>>330870610
You can make arguements for everyone of those. But you're way off if you think bloodlines>super 4.
>>
>>330870610
*Megadrive > SNES
ftfy you fantastic taste warmonger
>>
File: beating-a-dead-horse.jpg (17 KB, 540x408) Image search: [Google]
beating-a-dead-horse.jpg
17 KB, 540x408
>>330870610
>Making a 90's console war thread in 2016
>>>/vr/
>>
>>330870610
>genesis
You mean megadrive right?
>>
Sonic is a shit game for shit people.
>>
Cant argue, and im a snes person
>>
>>330870610
Overall I might agree that the Mega Drive was better than the SNES but it is a very close call as both are top 5 consoles of all time.
>>
>>330870610
Sega master system was better than nes & Saturn was better than n64 what's your point?
>>
>>330871849

Depends, how old are you?
>>
How many wrong opinions can one OP have
>>
>>330872036
Now anon, even as somone with a raging hardon for SEGA, and would call NiGHTS into Dreams... my fav game, the 264 saturn comparason is just wrong.

it had some great games, but the console was dead on arrival
>>
>>330872036
Let me guess, you think the Dreamcast was better than the PS2/GC too.
>>
You're right except kirby and mario are better
>>
>>330872224
If anything you should argue that the NES was better than the Master System (even though I personally prefer the MS but the NES had more high quality games, while the MS had fewer gems but those were much better than the best NES games, imo).

The N64 was way worse than the Saturn. I was an idort during that generation who had the three big consoles and it was PSX > SAT > N64.
>>
>>330872525
>PSX
Now i really can't take you seriously.
you don't even know which consoles you owned at the time.
>>
File: aladdinPlatformers_04.png (162 KB, 800x280) Image search: [Google]
aladdinPlatformers_04.png
162 KB, 800x280
>>330870610

>Genesis>SNES

I like both.

>Sonic is better than Mario
Very different games. I like both.

>Streets of Rage is better than Final Fight

I can agree with this one.

>Phantasy Star is better than Final Fantasy

I prefer Shin Megami Tensei

>Ristar is better than Kirby

Aren't both great? Kirby also has more games, which Kirby are you comparing it to Ristar?

Very different kind of games, I love Treasure's stuff, big Treasure fan, but I also love Contra, also I find it weird you didn't make the classic Hard Corps vs Alien War

>Castlevania Bloodlines is better than Super Castlevania 4

Both are amazing, but I like IV a bit more (precisely because I'm a Treasure fan)

>Aladdin on Genesis is better than Aladdin on SNES

Disagree. The Virgin game doesn't have nearly the same level of polish the Capcom game has in terms of design and controls.
Virgin's Aladdin has very amazing sprite animation though, I'll give you that, but the Capcom game feels more polished as an overall product, the sprites might not look as slick as the ones animated by real Disney animators from the Virgin game, but they're still nice, and they mesh well with the rest of the game's graphics. The sprites on the Virgin game look amazing, but the backgrounds all look kind of sterile and barren. Not to mention the final boss on the Virgin game is very anti-climatic and disappointing, while the final boss on the Capcom game was pretty memorable.
Still I wouldn't say the Virgin game is bad by any means, in fact I love Dave Perry (mainly for Earthworm Jim, which you can see borrowed some stuff from Aladdin, both good and bad), but I'll say the winner here is the Capcom game.
>>
>>330872613
Are you a troll or a youngfag?
>>
>nope
>who fucking cares
>better than 4 & 6? lolk
>who fucking cares
>absolutely
>eh
>who fucking cares
>>
>>330871982
The whole gen was pure gold
>Megadrive
>SNES
>Neo Geo
>PC Engine
I guess you can throw in the Game Boy and Game Gear too. I can't see a new generation where every console would be worth owning.
>>
>>330872669
i'm 23, had a Saturn at the time, and my brother got a chipped PS1 after the PS2 was out, the PS1 (Notice the 1, the PSX was a Japn only Video recorder/ PS2 hybrid) was the best of it's generation. Followed by Nintendo's first party library on the n64, followed by the Saturns few good on rails 3D games, but mostly JP only RPGs.
>>
>>330872840
>i'm 23
Stopped reading right there. You were like two years old, when the PSX released in the west. lol
>>
>>330872960
>PSX
using that word you don't understand again

>implying i wasn't a poorfag sat a generation behind
>>
>>330870610
>not Hard Corps is better than the Alien Wars
>>
Genesis had Shinobi 3 but SNES had Terranigma. I can't decide desu
>>
File: 1450506657704.png (239 KB, 731x863) Image search: [Google]
1450506657704.png
239 KB, 731x863
>>330870610
:^)
>>
>>330872776
Yes, it was the best generation ever. No doubt about it. I loved how the SNES and MD odten would get completely different games instead of simple ports. Makes me wonder why anyone would want to own a Xbone AND a PS4 today.
>>
File: 1436151085063.gif (218 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1436151085063.gif
218 KB, 480x270
>>330872162
>How many wrong opinions can one OP have
Apparently none.
>>
>>330873000
>23
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.