[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GRIM DAWN GENERAL Which masteries are you playing? How is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (245 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
245 KB, 1280x720
GRIM DAWN GENERAL

Which masteries are you playing?

How is the RNG treating you?

What is the most bullshit enemy?

Just finished Normal/Veteran mode with a lvl 53 sorcerer and currently gearing up my resistances before starting Elite.
>>
Oh good a Grim Dawn thread finally popped up.

>New pistol has better stats than old.
>DPS stats confirm it.
>Take old pistol to abused assistant in Devil's Crossing and get her to nuke it.
>Add recovered Flintcore Bolts to new pistol.
>DPS goes lower than what it was before.
fuck you
Garbage ass DPS calculation sucks fat fucking dick.

On an unrelated note, if I unspec a devotion will it lose EXP? It doesn't when you unflag it from an ability, but unspeccing it completely will probably erase the progress right?
>>
File: 1456574455407.jpg (7 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1456574455407.jpg
7 KB, 255x220
>Lose HC character because the puddle of swamp water was actually acid.
>>
>>330869171
>if I unspec a devotion will it lose EXP
No
>>
never saw this game before. just checked the trailers, does this play like diablo? is it a MMO or a normal co-op game? or is there no coop at all?
>>
>>330869296
Like Diablo. Co-op but not MMO.

It's the more single-player focused version of Path of Exile.
>>
>>330869296

It plays more like Diablo 2 and Titan Quest (it's by the same team) than Diablo 3. It has a fairly complex skill tree, less than Path of Exile but GD has way better gameplay feeling.
>>
>>330869296
Plays like Titan Quest if Titan Quest wasn't such a slow paced piece of shit. If you liked Titan Quest's multiclassing aspect you should definitely check it out. There's multiplayer but it's not great. Singleplayer is A-OK though.
>>
>>330869250

Environmental damage is so much bullshit in this game.
>>
Does the Devotion Skill "Raise The Dead" simply not work?
I've tried it on every skill I had, even respeccing just to see if it didn't work on the skills I had despite them being in the applicable skills list, and not once has it activated despite reading "100% chance on enemy death".
>>
I find that the game pigeonholes me into just maxing 1-2 skills no matter which class I pick.
>>
>>330869171

I think if you hold Alt or something it compares dps without ingredients added on. It might not really solve your problem but it helps a little i guess.

Also dual wield pierce build. Holy fuck that deeps, but damn do i feel squishy.
>>
>>330869250
>playing HC

I feel guilty about wasting this much time on characters that can't randomly die and waste dozens of hours of my life at any second. How the fuck do you justify playing HC to yourself?
>>
I cant respec Devotions if i finished the constellation right?

Makes it hard to experiment if thats the case, so i might as well play it safe.
>>
can I only get the 3 pets?
>>
File: the ultimate dick measurer.jpg (12 KB, 423x74) Image search: [Google]
the ultimate dick measurer.jpg
12 KB, 423x74
>>330869657
>>
>>330869909
You can. You probably didn't realize you need to use Aether Shards to despec devotion points.

In fact, constellations can support themselves with their own affinity bonuses so the devs clearly planned for people to remove constellations at some during their character build.
>>
>>330869593
Yes, that's almost every Diablo-like. Max out a few passive skills and then focus entirely on one attack skill. If you don't maximize your skill points into one skill, it will be pitifully underpowered.

The only one that solved this issue and gave you a proper arsenal of skills all of which were useful was Diablo 3 (where you'd use everything you had until you got to max difficulty and just want to grind out with your most powerful attack) but everyone hates it. Path of Exlie sort of had a good idea with Skill Gems but all of its skills are lame and the socket system is retarded, you'd end up using only the best skill you had anyway.

>>330869909
You can undo completed constellations.
>>
File: 1451649483076.png (264 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1451649483076.png
264 KB, 500x369
>Buy a Devil's Crossing writ.
>At the bottom it says right-click to consume.
>Right-click.
>Google page says a + sign will appear beside a faction with a writ bonus.
>No sign.
>Try it again.
>Nothing happens.
>Brain turns on.
>Go to first page and buy a buff potion and drink it.
>Nothing appears on my buff bar.
>Seeing the "Right-click to consume" message completely overwrote my previous knowledge of right-click = quick sell.
>To add insult to injury, dodgy mouse rapidfires and buys two writs while i'm trying to buy another.

my jew pile
straight into the fucking trash
>>
At what point did you stop bothering with whites and yellows?

I'm at Fort Ikon and still finding yellows that are better than my other shit.
>>
>>330870549
>To add insult to injury, dodgy mouse rapidfires and buys two writs while i'm trying to buy another.
right in the feels

can't even fix my mouse because the screws are made of lead or some shit and i fucked em up trying to unscrew them
>>
>>330870698
>White items
As soon as I got a piece for each slot. Yellow starts dropping like candy by Level 15.
>Yellow items
I still pick them up for the cash. Surprisingly had found a couple that blew most greens and blues out of the water in the 10-40 level range.
>>
does anyone know how toaster-friendly this game is? had my eye on it for a while and just wondering if i have any hope of running it.
>>
>>330871107
If you can run Titan Quest at 60 fps I guess it's ok for Grim Dawn.
>>
>>330871107
How toaster you talking?
Grim Dawn barely requires any more power than their previous Titan Quest.
The recommended video card minimum is from 2005.
>>
>>330871312
32-bit system
nvidia 9400 GT

i am too ashamed to keep going
>>
>>330870549

Same shit happened to me. At least i only lost a tiny bit because my brain managed to turn itself on after the first missclick. And i tend to not repeat the same process without going over exactly what i did that made me fail.

Shit sucked, but thank god i had plenty dosh from maxing the aetherial faction and doing runs that had a guaranteed dynamite chest and 2 dynamites.
>>
How does Grim Dawn handle NG+?

In Titan Quest, you could select what difficulty you wanted to play on the menu. It'll still reset the map though, right?

What about faction reputation?
>>
>>330870549
>>330871541
What is the buyback tab?
>>
>>330871725
It didn't appear there. You can generally sellback items for what you paid but it didn't seem to apply to the writ.
>>
>>330871524
Minimum requirements.
2.0 GHz processor
1 GB RAM
5.0 GB or more free hard drive space
128 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or ATI Radeon X800 series or equivalent

You could run this game on grandmom's dual core. Your video card could run it like it was nothing. At best you'd have to turn off whatever fancy modern graphic effects GD has in it.
>>
>>330871908
awesome!

anybody got a good torrent?
>>
tainted fucking brain matter

I'm bursting at the seams with everything else but i've only ever had one tainted brain.
>>
>>330872393
Craft it.
>>
Really enjoying it so far, just killed sigil of c'thon.

Trying to go self found all the way to ultimate with a sharpshooter commando.

>>330872393
Farm Cronley and/or Warden.
>>
Running with a witch hunter on normal/veteran. Guy is squishy as fuck but I'm enjoying the challenge. Just got to the inner necropolis.
>>
>>330871967
wait to gog release and then pirate it
all these torrent are either bugged shitfest or old versions
>>
File: 1437363800673.png (407 KB, 940x683) Image search: [Google]
1437363800673.png
407 KB, 940x683
>>330872740
thanks friend
>>
>play conventional commando with 2:1 ability/mastery spending
>become bored
>start new commando with 1:2 spending
>have mortar traps before I set foot in burrwich
>>
Can anyone tell me what my minimum Spirit requirements are for a more meele focused summoner build?
I'm currently ignoring cunning and dump most of my stats into physic with a bit of spirit every now and then.
How high should I go?
>>
>>330873206
Won't zero cunning pretty much guarantee a whiff-fest?
>>
>>330873206
You won't need spirit beyond what your masteries provide.
>>
>>330874730
will my minions still be effective tho?
>>
>>330871630
Faction reputation is retained unless you choose a different faction, in which case both of the factions involved in that choice are reset.
>>
>>330874850
In short: yes.
>>
I wanted to play a retaliation/reflect dmg shield/1handed "warrior" (for lack of a better word).

I think it could work at higher levels but couldnt find shit to level up with on that template so i ended up playing a full cunning shadow and had a blast.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.