[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just realized there isn't a mainline Super Mario game for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: main.jpg (101 KB, 1440x732) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
101 KB, 1440x732
Just realized there isn't a mainline Super Mario game for the Wii U. What happened? and i dont believe 3D world counts[/spoilers]
>>
>>330867837
If nsmb is on that list then nsmbU counts
>>
There's no zelda game either

Remakes don't count.
>>
3D World counts.
>>
Mario does not have a mainline you dolt
>>
3D World AND NSMBU.
>>
why do people dislike 3D Land/World? I honestly can't figure it out.
>>
>>330867837
>and i dont believe 3D world counts
3D World counts even though it's not a Super Mario 64 clone.
>>
>>330867837

What you believe doesn't matter.
>>
>>330868483

It came after the Galaxies, which were instant top 10 games.
>>
>>330868517
Not OP, but not it doesn't.

Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2 are the mainline Super Mario games.

Super Mario 3D World is just a console sequel to Super Mario 3D Land which is a continuation of the Land series on previous portables. Wii U never got a proper Super Mario game because it's a gigantic failure. Zelda U is already being ported to NX the same way TP was ported to Wii.
>>
File: 1426452350383.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1426452350383.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
>>330867837
>Not counting 3D World as main title

Your series is now multiplayer trash. Accept it.
>>
>>330868865
This is the fucking dumbest reasoning I've ever heard, spoken like a person who hasn't played it at all.
>>
>>330868865
And why exactly is NSMB not a mainline game? Can a mainline Mario ONLY be 3D now?
>>
>>330868865
>Super Mario 3D World is just a console sequel to Super Mario 3D Land which is a continuation of the Land series on previous portables.
Except Land and World are clearly based on 3.

Also 3D World fits the mainline as a it follows a series of tweaks Nintendo has been making to Mario since 64 in regards to levels and hubs.
>>
>>330867837

Well, that's the crucial bit.
I'm picking the game up when the price drops, but I fucking hate it.
>>
>>330868483
I don't remember seeing people hating on 3D Land. That's a decent handheld game after all. Why would they?

3D World is a fucking home console game, though, and even if Miyamoto doesn't want to do playground Mario games like 64 and Sunshine anymore, he could have at least kept the low, but not infuriating standard of the Galaxies.
>>
>>330869889
>he could have at least kept the low, but not infuriating standard of the Galaxies.

>First 3D Mario to have orchestrated music
>Among the best looking games of the Wii
>Tried to include more story/lore with things like Rosalina's storybook.

Oh come on.
>>
>>330870059
>First 3D Mario to have orchestrated music

Not really related, but I legit like how 3Dworld didnt even try to top the grand nature of the orchestrated music in Galaxies and instead went with the jazzy big band style. Its really pleasant to listen to and is unique in comparison to others.
>>
>>330867837
It does, because Matt says so
https://youtu.be/1D-geFXZiZk
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.