[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this game bad again? I avoided it at first because of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: reaper-of-souls.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
reaper-of-souls.jpg
139 KB, 1920x1080
Why was this game bad again?

I avoided it at first because of all the shit it was getting but I had some money to burn and saw that it had been priced down to €35 so I gave it a go.

Having a lot of fun playing hardcore characters with my buddy.
>>
>>330857236
paid market
>>
>>330857236
At launch it was terrible. Basically an unfinished game with broken economy, but over time they've really improved things. The AH is gone and they started to focus on the grind when they released Adventure mode. The only thing still lacking is functional pvp
>>
>>330857323
They removed that.

Though there's still chinks and koreans spamming the general chat with powerleveling deals
>>
>>330857531
You asked why it was bad, that was its biggest reason.
>>
There was no reason. They fixed everything from the base and made it into one of those blizzard games that make everything else in the genre feel like pushing a square barrel around because it's so unpolished compared
>>
File: WHY.jpg (48 KB, 288x471) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
48 KB, 288x471
>Find a dagger that far outdamages my current fist weapon
>It makes annoying pig sounds whenever I attack or talk to an NPC
>>
>>330857236
No, $10 for game and expansion sound about right.
>>
>>330857236
>Why was this game bad again?
People got hyped.
People stupid.
People should know ActiBlizz by now.

Its okay for a playthrough, not for release price of course, but Monk was one satisfying class to play-
>>
>>330857236

Real life auction house and always online feature absolutely killed it for me at release. I heard they changed those, but I haven't played in over a year so I don't know much else about it.
>>
>>330857236
>Why was this game bad again?

Paid auction house
Always online
Plot was dumb, even for an ARPG
>Muh skill trees

It's pretty alright now but it's probably too late.
>>
better than path of autism
>>
It was bad. Now it's pretty fun jumping on and playing once in a while. I sold a helm for $250 at one point though so I can't complain about how shitty the game used to be.
>>
No point in buying it now, Grim Dawn is out and iv been playing that shit for 2 weeks now, it's much better than d3.
>>
>>330857236
diablo 3 was about killing the devil. since the devil isnt in the game and it´s not spooky anymore, which diablo 2 used to be, i´m not interested. i´d rather just play metal gear through once than buy d3 exp and finish the storyline 10 times within 10 hours.
>>
>>330857236
Tyrael is a nigger
>>
>>330857236
It was 4-player WoW, not Diablo.
>>
It was completely 100% a disaster when it was released. Everything that could go wrong went wrong.

Now it's fine, they fixed it up to be a good game, but it took them over 2 years to do it so the people who were hyped about it only saw the complete ass version of it.
>>
>>330859219
this desu
>>
It will always remain on the back burner because Blizzard can't monetize it anymore, so instead they rotate guys in from the WoW team 3-4 times a year to make a new patch while the skeleton crew does minor things like skill adjustments and resetting the servers every few weeks. Next Friday marks 2 years since the last xpac and judging by their jobs page they're skipping right to D4 instead of another xpac. Maybe in 2020 we'll see a decent game that isn't top down WoW but its doubtful.
>>
The release was terrible. Auction house was complete shit. Now it's a completely different game compared to what it was. It's fun for a week or two when new season starts until you complete your flavor of the month build. Not much to do after if you don't care about leaderboards though.
I got the vanilla D3 for free somehow so I only had to pay for RoS. For 30$ it's worth it.
>>
>>330857837

Pig Sticker is one of the best weapons in the game because it rolls an additional primary affix. Unfortunately the game is shallow enough where all that matters is min-maxing stats to push spread-sheet endgames.
>>
>>330857236
I tried to deal with it, but then I got QUEUE FOR A FUCKING S-I-N-G-L-E PLAYER, mad I can't refund this piece of shit, low probability of ever installing it again.
>>
>>330861516
Holy shit are you serious? That's fucked, man.
>>
>>330861516
Never happened except for on release.
>>
>>330862359
If you consider not even year ago 'on release' then of course you shill, you can google that it's real on PC version.
>>
Every character requires one main stat point

Auction house was a fucking p2w scheme

Difficulty was literally "add a million HP...oh, and add retarded attributed that are unkillable too"...artificially beefed up bullshit

The end game was literally nothing because you have no reason to build a new character since you can respect at any time

No PvP

Literally the most fun in normal mode, the first time you play through. After that, to what end? You're done
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.