[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so much more funner than Smash 4? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg?t=1447376889.jpg (64 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1447376889.jpg
64 KB, 460x215
Why is this game so much more funner than Smash 4? I've been playing it for 3 hours straight.
>>
Because you're a special snowflake.
>>
Because it's inspired by melee
>>
>>330847274
>>
>>330847274
Basically this
>the best and most fun smash style games are melee, pm, and rivals
> sakurai only made one of these and he hates it

why is he such a cunt /v/?
>>
>>330846727
>Game is intentionally made to have combos in it
>Smash 4 is intentionally made to have the least combos as possible
Shit nigga I have no idea either
>>
>>330846727
Because Smash 4 is unbalanced. The worst of it coming from the more interesting characters like Ryu, Corrin, and Bayonetta.
In RoA every character is both unique and balanced.
>>
>>330846727
Any plans for more than 8 chars?
>>
When is the next character? I can't bring myself to play an incomplete game, and I want to explore
>>
>>330850229

>RoA every character is... balanced

more like they are really trying to cater towards a sense of balance. there are still some grievances, but at least they're actively trying to fix them
>>
Who's your main in Rivals of Aether right now?

Mine's Forsburn, and my secondary is Maypul. I haven't played Etalus yet, so I dunno if he's good or not.
>>
File: etalus_splash-768x432.png (684 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
etalus_splash-768x432.png
684 KB, 768x432
>>330850371
>>330850837
The last character just got reveal I think yesterday and it's pic related. Don't know if they are going to do more than 8 characters, would be cool if 8 more did suddenly come up.
>>
>>330851128
>Don't know if they are going to do more than 8 characters
On the website it shows a question mark next to the new guy, so im gonna assume they will
>>
>>330851042
Wrastor is my main only because his play style kinda reminds me of PM's Pit in a way, and Absa is probably my secondary.
>>
Is it just me or is that water guy literally Vaporeon from that one Gameboy Smash fangame?
>>
>>330851887
That's because the same guy that made that game made this.
>>
>>330851128
Is there a preview video for this guy?
>>
What are some good approaches with the new guy?

He's pretty fun, but his hitboxes seem kinda small. I like how his uair is a grab
>>
>>330852005
Seriously? Looks like my wishlist has a new game.
>>
>>330852268
https://youtu.be/hCuQmwAhqi0?t=61
Closest thing I found to a preview vid.
>>
When does this shit come to xbone
>>
Looks good. But I don't like their fighting sounds currently. None of the attacks feel like they have IMPACT. Especially the strong ones. I wanna get it though
>>
>>330852478
Holy fuck he's huge
>>
Is there an online lobby mode?
>>
>>330853496
ye
>>
>>330853496
I haven't touch the online that much yet at all, but last time I check it does have lobbies.
>>
The game looks like it has a pretty low skill ceiling.
>>
Has anyone played the For Fun version of the Tower of Heaven stage? I really like shit like that. Things that add other elements and rules to the game. I think other Smash-likes should take note of this and the Wario Ware stage.
>>
>>330853832

it's got even more emphasis on the whole "easy to learn, difficult to master" thing smash does. you can pick it up easy as fuck, but god help you if you actually come up against someone who knows what they're doing.
>>
>>330852478
>A fucking Tower of Heaven stage
Neat.
>>
I remember playing Rivals of Aether a bit during the first few weeks of it being in early access and it was alright, also briefly checked the goat/lamb too. Might have to pick it up again to see what Etalus is like, but honestly I'd reckon they'll need more than eight characters to keep up interest

Who Kragg here?
>>
>>330846727
>funner
>>
>>330846727
Because Actual thought was put into the game.

>Fun unique as fuck characters that do shit we will never see in smash
>Stages that aren't retarded as fuck, but also aren't just reskinned battle field or FD
>Game is still easy to pick up while having actual depth.
>>
>>330854074
Kraggbois

He got an aerial Down-B in this patch. It spikes.
>>
Brawlhalla is better
>>
>>330854646
Been thinking of trying it

Is it more Melee like or Brawl like?
>>
>>330854646
You're going to have to sell me on that. The videos I've seen of Brawlhalla certainly haven't done it for me.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.