[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Post-apocalyptic books, films and video games tend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: a.jpg (291 KB, 930x930) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
291 KB, 930x930
>"Post-apocalyptic books, films and video games tend to avoid disabled characters or kill them off because it wouldn’t be ‘realistic’ for them to survive. Corinne Duyvis, who also happens to be autistic, is ringing the changes"

http://www.theguardian.com/childrens-books-site/2016/mar/14/disability-autism-sci-fi-corinne-duyvis

And video games are completely the same. Why can't you play as a disabled person in Fallout 4?!
>>
What a fucking retarded idea.
>>
>>330839891

>zombie apocalypse
>they run and have infinite stamina
>surely a wheelchair bound individual would stand the same chance of surviving as someone who can actually run
>>
I actually kind of like how Bloodborne has a few wheelchair-bound enemies who compensate with ranged weapons and traps. It was really neat since the area is linked to the Healing Church.
>>
Gravel and wheelchairs don't mix OP. Stairs. A fucking toddler barrier would be enough to stop a disabled person in an apocalypse
>>
>>330839891
You used to be able to. Go play an older Fallout game and play with one intelligence and try to communicate. Bam, you're playing someone mentally handicapped. Try playing the game while always being overencumbered. Now you're playing with a bad leg.

It's still a fucking stupid idea for all sorts of reasons.
>>
As someone who works with potatoes, those fucks wouldn't last a day in a post-apoc.
>>
>>330840067
You're not wrong
>>
Mad Max and Bloodborne immediately spring to mind as proving this untrue.

Depending on how far you want to stretch "post apocalyptic", one of the good guys in the new Wolfenstein is mentally challenged.
>>
I'd play an action game with a wheelchair bound protagonist.
>>
>>330839891
but you do
>>
>>330840857
doom?
>>
>>330840956
Doomguy uses his legs, are you just making a joke that he can't jump?
I mean a game where you're actually in a wheelchair and have to maneuver it like a real wheelchair.
>>
>>330839891

Cripple your legs in Fo4. There, you are now disabled: see how fun it is to play?
>>
Why would i want to play as or see disabled folks in vidya that i would like to avoid in real life since they are a depressing sight
>>
Why would I want to play as a retard?
Do you think retards want to play as retards?
>>
File: cloudwheelchair.jpg (60 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
cloudwheelchair.jpg
60 KB, 480x640
>>330839891

"Post-apocalyptic books, films and video games tend to avoid disabled characters..."
Stopped reading. I see disabled characters the most in near futuristic stories. Because it is the most convenient excuse to introduce cybernetics or 'the guy who delves into the internet' plot points.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.