[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE, GAMES SHOULD FEATURE RACISM AS A MAJOR ELEMENT! How?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: thedivision.jpg (642 KB, 576x817) Image search: [Google]
thedivision.jpg
642 KB, 576x817
>DUDE, GAMES SHOULD FEATURE RACISM AS A MAJOR ELEMENT!

How? How the fuck would you do that? Would you make racism a gameplay mechanic? Please explain.

Either the devs wear kid gloves and create clownish racism or they beat you over the head and write some of the worst grandstanding "racism is wrong, guys!" nonsense that sounds like something a hack comedian would say to get applause
>>
Cucks
>>
>>330822432
>write some of the worst grandstanding "racism is wrong, guys!" nonsense that sounds like something a hack comedian would say to get applause
t. Racist
>>
>>330822951
t. nigger without a job
>>
>>330822432
>sky city level
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>330822432

Kill yourself, nigger.
>>
>>330822432
>game about early 20th century racism
>don't once mention the word "nigger"

You don't make something great by pulling punches. I guess vista is for plebs after all.
>>
>>330823596
>vista

Meant vidya, fucking phone fuck.
>>
>>330823596
Bioshock Infinite never had a chance at being great
>>
>>330822432
>gameplay mechanic
>bioshock infinite
It was never their intention to make it so
>>
>>330822432
in a strategy game where you control populations and can have inmigrants/people of different races, you could put some meaningless number for each race, or maybe make the people the distinct races hate each other, and manage to have a productive town with it.

It can be done, but it has to appeal to another type of gameplay. Except if you only whan the themes to be played in the story.
>>
File: jcbi.png (51 KB, 622x432) Image search: [Google]
jcbi.png
51 KB, 622x432
John has spoken
>>
File: Consider the following.gif (2 MB, 416x320) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.gif
2 MB, 416x320
>>330822432
But racism isn't a gameplay mechanic. Unless you count the wedding scene giving you a future power-up. Unless you're talking about the story. The rebels were clearly not in the right either. Remember the part where the resistance leader held a kid hostage for being white? Not very heroic. It supposed to represent both sides are in the wrong. But I will admit that the game is shit, for a lot of other story and gameplay reasons.
>>
>>330824067

Did he really say that? Based as fuck if it's true
>>
>>330822432
By allowing the player to do something racist and let them get away with it, as you would expect in a society where racism is encouraged. Make it a choice where neither option is "right". Don't have some annoying character come up and lecture the player on how immoral they are or stop them from doing something immoral, let the player go through with it and judge for themselves whether they're okay with what they've done. No one wants a game to tell them what to think, people play games to get away from that bullshit.
>>
>>330822432
its a being black can create as special stealth mechanic. Stay away and hide from the whites.
>>
>>330823596
It was said once by a black guy in one of the audio recordings. Or rather, I think he said negro
>>
>>330824067
no wonder wes craven died first
>>
>>330824957
>No one wants a game to tell them what to think, people play games to get away from that bullshit.

Which is why games won't let you deal with racism.
>>
>reposting the same old threads over and over again
Go fuck yourself
>>
Let me get this correct, this thread and all the other before this are basically complaining that games don't parrot the OP's beliefs?
>>
>>330825592
No. It's that gamers want games like Bioshock Infinite to deal with race and make it a bigger deal than it was in Bioshock Infinite
>>
movies and TV shows almost never effectively deal with racism either, so it's not just "vidya is for plebs/kids". it's just that all writers are liberals and liberals are incapable of writing about it (but so are conservatives). the writer needs to be an iconoclast free from politics and ideology and simply depict racism in a straightforward way
>>
>>330822432
>Racism was a gameplay mechanic

No it wasn't
The gameplay was as generic as it could get
>>
ITT:Butthurt Racists
>>
>>330826392
t. nigger without a job
>>
File: no.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>330822432
Lets take a few steps back and look at the big picture here.
>>
>>330822951
>Feel the Bern guise
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.