[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone been on Nostalrius recently? I never played vanilla and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: World-of-Warcraft-Logo.jpg (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
World-of-Warcraft-Logo.jpg
51 KB, 600x600
Anyone been on Nostalrius recently? I never played vanilla and I've discovered that leveling Warriors there is absolute hell. Maybe I just need to get gud.
I like the atmosphere there, though.
>>
Yeah it can be rough levelling a warrior, it starts off really hard but the cards turn in your favour once you get higher levels. When you get whirlwind axe, it's usually much easier from there. There's no point in speccing as tank until much higher levels, and best levelling spec is arms
>>
>>330821374
>best levelling spec is arms
Crap, I probably shouldn't have invested 5 points in Fury then.
At least I'm slowly building up First Aid and Cooking to make up for lack of self-heals...
>>
>>330821758
What points did you put those 5 into? Might be ok still

Yea first aid helps a lot as well, I never bothered with cooking or fishing though
>>
>>330821869
I put the 5 points on increased critical hit percentage.
>>
>>330821948
You're fine then, those are good points to put into
>>
Leveling a warrior in vanilla is hell.
>least suited to quickly soloing mobs
>highly gear dependent
>only group role you can get is tank
>everyone blames you first for group failures
>>
Yeah, warriors are arguably the worst levelling class (something like a paladin is a tad slower, but they're safe and not prone to being killed like warriors are). To make it less bad, there's two alternatives: arms and fury with a two-handed weapon. Arms is a bit more resilient to being fucked over (Imp. Overpower makes dodged attacks not quite that awful, Sweeping Strikes allows you to dispatch multi-mob pulls that would otherwise force you to just run away and reset), 2h fury is a bit faster.

Dualwielding only makes the miss miss miss problem more pronounced and requires you to have two good weapons which is more difficult than (particularly considering there's a number of accessible 2-handers, such as Whirlwind Axe) so I wouldn't recommend DW fury for levelling (while protection is just garbage: ultimately you'll spend much more time killing the mobs so in actuality you'll take more damage during the course of the fight).
>>
>>330822064
That's good news, thanks anon.

>>330822072
Mobs in vanilla are my fucking kryptonite.
>>
>>330822225
Thanks for the advice anon, I think I'll choose 2h arms for levelling.
>>
yo OP, levelling is hell but it gets much better
The worst part is 1-20
once you get the 2H hammer from deadmines, you're good to go
>>
File: 140693469349639463.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
140693469349639463.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
>>330822072
>guild asks if anyone is interested in tanking deadmines
>offer to join
>they are already in the dungeon and refuse to come out to summon
>they refuse to help me through the mobs infront of the instance that are impossible to get through solo without stealth
>zone in 5 minutes later after following another group clearing the way
>get chewed out for wasting their time
>tell group kill order marks and pull the first trash pack
>everyone is attacking a different target, only one is hitting skull
>desperately try to keep aggro with tab sunder
>chaos ensues
>kicked
I wish people would ask for paladin or druid tanks since that's obviously what they want
>>
>>330822819
>tfw level 15
That means I don't have far to go, that's good.
Also, I can't wait until I don't have to mine for copper anymore, the veins are pretty hard to find.
>>
>>330823065
I went herb/alchemy and I think it really helps with levelling. very nice money making too, as you can sell your arcanite cooldown for 5-7g every 48hours, and some stacks of herb sell for 7g
problem with mining is all the fucking chinese farmers (which can be somewhat be applied to herbalism, but it's not as bad)
>>
>>330823348
I should probably just make an alt for making money.
A stack of copper bars costs around 60-80 silver in the auction house last time I checked and I really don't want to have to sell what I have.
>>
>>330823348
Also, do you mean the farmers that literally farm for real life money?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.