[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
What went wrong?
>>
Absolutely nothing. That's a perfect game.
>>
Floaty, imprecise controls and terrible level design.

Also it tried too hard to be cute furry characters with feels indie game. Felt forced. Dust was better.
>>
It was a metroidvania.
>>
nothing. GOTY 2015

>>330814040
The controls were perfect. I died a billion times and not once could I blame the controls
>>
>>330814040
this, the levels are not worth revisting at all. the only good thing about the game is the godly ost
>>
>>330814161
I respectfully disagree. The worst offending part of the game was the one really long spike hallway that required all the dashing and whatever, other than that the annoyances caused by it were minor but piled up.

It's subtle floatiness, but makes a world of difference
>>
Tried and failed to be a metroidvania.
Leveling makes the game too easy.
Game is too easy all around.
Can basically quicksave.
Final section is fucking bullshit.
>>
This game is the greatest example of 'artificial difficulty' i've played
>>
>>330814490
>I respectfully disagree. The worst offending part of the game was the one really long spike hallway that required all the dashing and whatever

yeah that was great. it required a lot of patience and skill
>>
The combat sucks. You technically don't even attack. Your little floaty fairy thing just automatically hits things as you mash the button. Imagine if Link didn't have a sword and Navi just obliterated things nearby by mashing a button.
>>
>>330813887
Nothing, but the "definitive edition" changes kinda suck. Dash makes the game waaaay too easy.

It was pretty easy to begin with, but they made it even easier thanks to all the candy crush casuals complaining about the escape sequences being "too difficult"
>>
>>330813887
The only things I did not love were the combat and the later parts of the story.

Everything else was perfect for me.
>>
very little. the combat leaves something to be desired maybe, but otherwise it's a wonderful game.
>>
It literally during almost every cutscene.
>>
The fact that you can 99% and area and never return
i was MAD

Other than that, perfect game
>>
File: 1454690803936.png (22 KB, 235x232) Image search: [Google]
1454690803936.png
22 KB, 235x232
>itt salty fuckboys who can't master the game's controls
>>
>>330817032
More like the fact that you can 100% an area but unbeknownst to you the game arbitrarily didn't count some of the secrets you picked up.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (268 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
268 KB, 1920x1080
>>330813887
Pretty, but awful as far as metroid games go.

No real boss battles, awful combat

Nothing fun to collect, all collectables are just health\power ups

No alternative ending that requires you to collect hard to find secrets

Can't return to certain areas - rookie mistake

Both Guacamelee and Dust were better metroid-likes.
>>
>>330818527
>that one faggot in metroidvania threads who supports Dust

Everytime.
>>
>>330814040
>Floaty, imprecise controls
Fuck are you on about, the control is 10/10, you just suck ass.
>>
>>330818527
>No real boss battles, awful combat

But that's good, though.
As you pointed out, the game is not really about the combat. It's about movement and momentum, so instead of boss battles it's got escape sequences that take full advantage of that - rather than an arbitrary boss battle that wouldn't.

This is literally the pinnacle of good design.

You cut something that a lesser developer would have assumed was integral to the experience because you realise it doesn't play to the core strengths of your game.

This is why the fight with The End in Snake Eater isn't a shootbangs pew pew with high octane battle music playing.

>Nothing fun to collect, all collectables are just health\power ups

OH NO

WHAT A TRAVESTY THAT THE GAME DOES NOT SEEK TO ARTIFICIALLY ELONGATE ITSELF WITH ANNOYING POINTLESS SIDE CHALLENGES

i just can't
>>
Not enough skellington puns
>>
>>330820583
>You cut something that a lesser developer would have assumed was integral

You can't cut something you didn't have. Good combat and good boss battles coupled with fun things to collect in a metroid clone is very important. What the fuck are you on about? Bunch of fucking revisionists. People like you is why third person shooters exist.

Disgusting fucking post.
>>
>>330818527
>uses 'no real bosses' as a point
>posts From: "I can kill the bosses before they can even fight back" Dust as a comparison point
>>
>>330814549

There's literally an achievement for doing it without leveling. Drastically reduces the ability to rely on saves in the process.

The devs put the hard mode you want right there with a sign pointing to it.

I guess that would probably make the whole rest of the game too "bullshit" as well, though. :3
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.