[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo has approached you to design a new LoZ spinoff game,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 915966_1325494053522_full.jpg (64 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
915966_1325494053522_full.jpg
64 KB, 300x300
Nintendo has approached you to design a new LoZ spinoff game, featuring either Zelda or Ganondorf as the player character.

How do you go about it?
>>
>>330812736
Ganondorf x Sengoku Rance
>>
Ganondorf.
Fuck Zelda.
Alternate timeline similar to Ganondorf's story in Hyrule Warriors that instead of solving puzzles and shit has you mowing down Hylian soldiers and taking territory, but with more strategy and less button mashing.
You have to plan out strategies and plans for the entire game to keep the Hero away from the Master Sword slow him down or the game ends with you getting BTFO.
>>
I make it an action-adventure game. The main gameplay involves traversing a dangerous overworld with secrets to find, and delving into dungeons where you fight your way to the boss and defeat it. No dumb NPCs, not awful stories, and especially no puzzles.

I'll call it Tradition Legend of Zelda.
>>
Zelda x Long live the queen
>>
>I make Zelda a girl
>>
>>330812736
Zelda. Shifts from combat to puzzle solving that involves more than just hitting an eye with a slingshot/arrow. and stealth.
She has to hide her appearance also, so not quite to the degree of Sheik, but something similar. Actually that might make for an interesting mechanic.
>>
Thought up this idea ages ago:

The story is about a young girl (Zelda) who lives in a Hyrule where monsters run amok and Ganondorf has pretty much taken over. There are tales of a 'hero' who disappeared long ago and has never returned. The story is you traversing the monster run hyrule as Zelda using magic to fight through the game, solve puzzles, plays out much like a normal LoZ game but with magic being the main focus. The goal, to find this "lost hero" to help defeat Ganondorf, thus bringing us to the title: The Legend of Link
>>
You play as Ganondorf. It would be based on the Downfall Timeline of Ocarina of Time. The locations and NPCs include those in Ocarina of Time, but it will be larger and more expanded to make use of modern hardware and disc space.

It takes place in the seven years while Link is in stasis. The final battle will be against Link.

The Gerudo lands would be a lot bigger. Haunted Wasteland would be like the Gerudo's Hyrule Field, a hub for various desert lands.

You will have to clear the Temple of Light to get the Triforce of Power.

Perhaps you will also have to fight the Sages as bosses in the various temples, but the way you enter them would be a lot different from how Link did it.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 100x124) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 100x124
>>330812736
>Ganondorf
>Cuhrayzee Beat Em Up
>>
>>330817291
Easily better than any existing Zelda game.
>>
>>330817291
>Gandondorf's Wrath
I'd play the shit out of it
>>
I'd want a Ganondorf game, but only if it's TP Dorf. Even though I wasn't too excited when I found out he ended up being the big bad again instead of it just being Zant, he's still my favorite. Nigga uses the sword they tried to execute him with, and actually managed to kill a sage.
>>
>>330818082
Streets of Hyrule
>>
File: Down_Smash2.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Down_Smash2.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
>>330817291
>relentless powerhouse of destructive force
>destroying everything in your path with nothing more than your feet and fists
>>
>>330818556
The entire game is Monster Hunter, but instead of turning them into weapons and shit, you're just beating them into submission so they can serve you
It's also made by Platinum
>>
>>330813093
I play as Ganondorf and have to impregnate all the other Gerudo to keep the race going.
>>
>>330812736

Zelda TRPG where I control Zelda commanding Hyrules Army against a neighboring invasion

>King of Hyrule is sick with mysterious illness, cannot command his army
>Bit like FE
>Focus on character interactions
>Focus on proper tactics rather than overlevelling
>Morale meter exists for your troops, depends on how well Zelda does at commanding her army
>Free roam mode where you can run around Hyrule Castle and Castle Town, interacting with your troops as they're on leave and solving their problems to boost morale
>>
Make Zelda the hero and have her fight with magic only. She's fragile and delicate so you have to protect her fragile female body at all costs. Still, because she is strong willed and independant, she can still defeat gaondorf and needs no help from link. She also gets as much rupees as link.
>>
>>330812736
Make Zelda the player character, have her secretly roam the lands as Sheik to acquire grab some amulets or something that allow her to channel the three goddesses' power.

Either Link is nowhere to be found, or prior to these events Link engaged Ganondorf and lost.

Put in some cool magic powers, create some unique boss fights that have multiple ways to be taken down, and the final boss fight will be Ganon's magic/brute force against Zelda's magic.
>>
>dating sim featuring Zelda 1 Ganon trying to find his perfect Japanese high school waifu
>>
>>330818556

Also with dungeons. Except instead of solving them the traditional way by finding keys and other pansy shit, you basically tear it down by blasting open the doors, going into the inner workings of the dungeon and destroying the gimmick.

There are still puzzles, just a lot more destructive ones.
>>
>>330819986
Maybe instead of gathering the pieces of the X from each dungeon and putting them together at Y site, you steal X from Y, break it into pieces and stash a piece in each dungeon.
>>
>>330812736
Paper Legend of Zelda. I've been dreaming of that since Paper Mario came out. I'll never get the one I want though because they'd undoubtedly go with the fucking new Paper Mario style. I want it to be exactly like Paper Mario 64/Thousand Year Door with the badge system.
>>
>>330812736
I MAKE A CANON RELEASE INSTEAD.
>>
>>330819986
Destroying a dungeon too much could cause it to collapse or flood.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.