[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wii to Wii U transfer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: WiiU_Transfer_Tool.png (77 KB, 780x436) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_Transfer_Tool.png
77 KB, 780x436
Is it worth it?

I have a bunch of VC games on Wii that I'd wanna play on Wii U, I don't mind paying a bit to get them outside of Wii mode.

The biggest question is, am I able to transfer my N64 VC games from Wii mode to Wii U after completing the transfer? I can't find any info on this at all

I also have homebrew channel on my Wii, but I don't care about losing that
>>
>am I able to transfer my N64 VC games from Wii mode to Wii U after completing the transfer?
I don't see why not.
>>
>>330812942
Nintendo website only mentions transferring NES and SNES games for $1.00 and $1.50 respectively.
>>
>>330813071
N64 games are 1.99, they haven't updated the site.

Source: I'm playing Paper Mario currently on my Gamepad and it's comfy as hell
>>
>>330813186
perfect, thanks

Im assuming n64 games are compatible with Gamepad, wii u pro controller and classic controllers?
>>
>>330813490
Don't own a Pro so can't say but Classic and Gamepad yeah.
>>
>>330813071

Wait, you have to pay to essentially upgrade to a slightly better emulator?

What is this horseshit?
>>
File: le_crafty_businessmans_hands.png (1 KB, 214x198) Image search: [Google]
le_crafty_businessmans_hands.png
1 KB, 214x198
>>330813071
Holy shit is Nintendo's online store system this shitty or are they just that greedy of a company.
>>
Can I buy Secret of Mana and play it on my Wii U?
>>
>>330813637
You're paying for Off-TV play, save states and custom controls essentially.

Since its cheap enough, I bought VC games if I had cash left over from a card or something.

>>330813781
The idea doesn't make much sense in my mind, as cross-buy systems have worked between generations for Sony and Microsoft easily.
>>
>>330813781
You should kill yourself.

It's pretty fucking ridiculous they charge to bring your Wii games, that's in your WiiU, to the WiiU home screen practically
>>
File: 1437082868389.jpg (216 KB, 1023x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437082868389.jpg
216 KB, 1023x1080
I'm willing to pay for the gamepad controls and shit. Does this work with a hacked wii with vc games installed?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1080
>>330813883

> You're paying for Off-TV play, save states and custom controls essentially.

Nice to know legal means of playing emulated titles is finally getting to the point where it's almost half as good as being a thief. But whatever when my Wii burnt itself out I just lost all my paid games forever so who cares.
>>
>>330814434
The only games I usually buy are Wii titles that are more expensive to get Physically (MPT, Xenoblade, etc.)

I'll occasionally buy a VC title if I've got a spare quid or two though.
>>
Your Wii U has a Wii emulator it uses to run Wii games and all your your Virtual Console and downloadable games, so there's literally no change at all.
>>
File: twix1.png (72 KB, 620x907) Image search: [Google]
twix1.png
72 KB, 620x907
>>330814618

Back in my day spending $20 got you a compilation of 30 or so games. But get whatever you feel is worth it you.
>>
>this thread

You don't have to rebuy the games when you transfer. All of the downloaded stuff on your Wii comes over and can be run through the Wii Menu.

If you want the new VC features that the Wii U has (save states and off-screen play with the gamepad, and that's about it), any games that you HAVE purchased are available for a discount on the Wii U shop. But if you bought Super Mario Bros., you can just load up the Wii menu and play it like normal. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Wii Shop Channel is still up, so you can buy games right from there if you're so inclined/if the Wii U Shop doesn't have them (like Neo Geo and C64 games)
>>
File: 1434412671474.jpg (62 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1434412671474.jpg
62 KB, 800x600
>>330815048
I had 2.19 left over from buying HW DLC, it's not like I went out of the way.
>>
>>330815062
I know that, its getting those game on the Wii U Menu, outside of the Wii mode, that I want.

On a side note, anyone know where you can purchase eshop codes online in Canada?
So many fucking options for the US, but US eshop codes dont work in Canada
>>
>>330815271

That does, unfortunately, require buying them again. But all you're getting is save states and off-screen play, and if you really want off-screen play, you can load up the Wii Menu to run on the gamepad as well as the TV, and then bring it to another room and play with the wiimote.
>>
>>330815471
buying them again at a discounted price isn't the worst case, I guess

Also, can't play N64 games with the wiimote anyways
>>
I could maybe understand a small fee to play all NES, SNES, or N64 with those capabilities, but paying extra on a per game basis is really greedy, especially if you bought a ton of VC games.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.