[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
started valley
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
Is this game fun or is it just shilled and actually sucks like alot of indie games recently. What makes it so fun?
>>
It's not fun
>>
it's basically harvest moon. people like harvest moon
>>
>>330808016
>is it just shilled
You mean like you aren't doing now?
Like every SDV fag who doesn't check the catalog?
>>330783998
>>
>>330808016
I don't really care if it's shilled, it looks really comfy, don't you think so, anon?
>>
i'm sure the only reason it's been in the top 3 best-selling games on steam since it was released is because people post about it on /v/
>>
It's comfy, just don't burn yourself out trying to min max
>>
I have no idea if it's fun but it is shilled here.
>>
>>330808016
yeah man it got "shilled" to a 98%, more game devs should try out this "shilling" tactic t b h
>>
It's really good IMO.

I've seen less threads about it here relative to other indie games that are worse, like the witness.
>>
>>330808016
It's fun but the developer is a tumblr faggot so all the towns people are extremely uncozy and filled with real life drama and tumblr bullshit.

The gameplay is pretty decent though.
>>
SHITTY FUCKING MEME INDIE GARBAGE
FUCK YOU
>>
>>330809038
there are mods that remove the coloreds from the game if that's what's upsetting you so much
>>
>>330808016
I've been playing it nonstop for about 4 days now

The state of modern Harvest Moon is god awful, which might be why I'm enjoying this one so much

Marriage candidates are a solid 3.5/10, but everything else is fun WHY THE FUCK CAN'T YOU MARRY EMILY
>>
It's not fun, it's comfy. I play it to "wind down" after playing more action-oriented games. Raising a coop full of bunny rabbits is relaxing :3
>>
>>330809354
can you fuck the rabbits
>>
It is like terraria or no?
>>
>>330809354
this

like harvest moon and rune factory, it's chill as fuck
>>
>>330808231
I think you forgot the meaning of shilled
>>
>>330809442
yes it's exactly like terraria, except with more guns
>>
>>330809425

The only hairy thing I fucked is your mum
>>
>>33080801
Just ignore the story and the characters.
>>
>>330809674
I didnt use the word hairy in my sentence though

though if I did it would be describing your mums snatch as i fucked it
>>
>>330809730
>rabbits
>not hairy

If only you told me you were of Polish descent sooner I wouldn't have fucked your mom without a condom on.
>>
>>330809191
That's not it my man. I just expect more happy everything is fine feeling in my farming simulators.

Within the first 5 days I already found a depressed trailer trash lady, an asshole who won't quit, and a homeless man eating out of the garbage.

That's incredibly uncomfy to me and really kills the mood.
>>
good fun if you like harvest moon.

not for jaded edgy memelords in /v/ tho
>>
File: 1457655716674.jpg (14 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
1457655716674.jpg
14 KB, 262x263
>>330808016
>/v/ still thinks they're important enough to be shilled to

Yeah I'm sure companies and developers think the hive of shitposting and contrarians on a website infamous to normies is a good place to market
>>
>>330809038
Have you ever played a visual novel or anything like that? You know, tumblr didn't invent behind-the-scenes drama and personal problems, those are simply ways to make characters more "deep".
>>
>>330809948
i understand what you mean, but that's not a tumblr thing
>>
yahtzee said he's been binging on it and I respect his opinion greatly
>>
>>330810332
>>330810435
I assume all drama is tumblr these days because everything began there.

How unfortunate. I wonder if our forefathers knew that giving women freedom would turn society into such a shithole.
>>
>>330809442
yea every 2d game with trees is just terraria lmao
>>
>>330810783
if that's what you really think, then you need to turn the fuckin' computer off for a while
>>
>>330810783
what?
>>
OP, this is a decent harvest moon clone.
Game was entirely made by a single dude. Chucklefish is only the publisher.

Now for a honest review:
This game is odd. It was done by a single dude for 4 years (or so). The fact that he did it alone shows in how things are done. Every aspect of the game is good. Not bad, not great. Just good.
The music is not bad, but it's not great. It's good.
The art is not bad, but it's not great. It's good.
The dialogue is not bad, but it's not great. It's good.
The exception is the programming. Apparently that is his strong point, as the game is quite solid, no breaking bugs so far, just minor stuff that he corrects as soon as people point it out.

As for what I've seen so far, the guy seems to be a nice person. Doesn't bitch when people complain about bugs, corrects corrupted save files and emails them back to the people and so on. How long until the success gets to his head? No clue.

If you want to support him and don't give a buck to steam or chucklefish, pirate it and go to his site and buy the soundtrack via paypal (5 bucks I think).
>>
>>330811290
Don't forget to add the 10 dollar tip so it's the same price as the actual game
>>
>>330811374
I dunno about that. The game is 15 bucks, but how much gets to him? Half of it?
>>
>>330810078
Posts on /v/ are so contrived that it would actually be effective to shill by 'pretending' to be a shill because of memes.
>>
>>330811512
steam typically takes 30%, but no one knows how much chucklefish takes on top of that
>>
File: a.png (31 KB, 700x217) Image search: [Google]
a.png
31 KB, 700x217
>>330811890
>no one knows
It's a very small amount. Confirmed by CA.

>>330811512
Well if you want to support just him shouldn't you give him all 15?
>>
Its a Harvest Moon ass Harvest Moon clone.

The most positive thing I can say about it is that it's like HM when HM was still good.

At first I thought it would be another shit indie game trying to rip off older japanese games, because that's all western shits can do, but I ended up putting like 40 hours into the game.
>>
>>330812109
Well, good to know.
Will probably go back and complete the rest of the 10 bucks then.
>>
>>330808016
>shilled
You mean discussed?
>>
>>330812109
>I think they truly want to make fun games
At least they found their platform: let other people make fun games instead.
>>
its okay, people only get salty because it rips off the shitty harvest moon
>>
>>330812109
No one knows what a small amount if you fucking retarded.

10% could be considered a small amount if he's comparing it to Steam or consoles which take way more.
>>
>>330812532
I'm a Harvest Moon fan, I even played the shitty DS ones to the end. But come on, Natsume hasn't released anything good in years for fucks sake.
If I had a good harvest moon game I wouldn't be playing this, honestly.
>>
>>330808016
It's fun but once your 'through' you'll never pick it up again, depending on you autism level that can take up to 100hrs I think.
>>
I started playing it today and I'm trying to like it. While the gameplay is pretty much what I expect from a HM clone, the portraits of the townsfolk look to western for my taste so I have to turn them off. That demotivates me to get into any relationship in the game.

Really wishing for a mod that makes them cuter or have that HM nippon feel.
>>
File: 1457641705020.gif (1 MB, 252x157) Image search: [Google]
1457641705020.gif
1 MB, 252x157
>>330812597
There's no need to be upset. If you're not going to buy it through steam it shouldn't matter to you anyways.

>>330812485
I imagine Chucklefish never tried to be malicious, but are merely stupid. Very stupid. A bunch of idea guys who thought they could make a game. Except their music people. They did a good job.
>>
File: img0116.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
img0116.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>330811290
This is all entirely correct. It's a good game and the dev did a good job on it. It's certainly better than anything I could ever make in terms of a game. It's also not some kickstarter bullshit that ends up being 20% of what the dev promised with 2 hours of gameplay and the game ends.

If you do not enjoy games like HM, Animal Crossing etc. then sure you wont like it, but that doesn't mean it's a bad addition to this genre.
>>
>>330812851
http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/mod-portraits-like-anime-style.107707/
>>
>>330812758
pretty much this. SV is a solid older Harvest Moon, making it a top tier game since the last Harvest moons were worse than smegma
>>
File: 8202457822_cbc8b5c59d_m.jpg (27 KB, 240x230) Image search: [Google]
8202457822_cbc8b5c59d_m.jpg
27 KB, 240x230
>>330813210
This helps me a lot, thanks anon!
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.