[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? No seriously. How did they drop the ball with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception.jpg (252 KB, 1160x600) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception.jpg
252 KB, 1160x600
What went wrong? No seriously. How did they drop the ball with Uncharted 3 so fucking badly? I can't tell what it is that makes it so off from Uncharted 2 - it feels like a catastrophe.
>>
everything
>>
rushed game development to meet fall 2011 deadline, A-team (uncharted 2) was working on The Last of us
>>
It was just a joke anon, Uncharted 3 was too simple for you and you just looked too far into the experience.
>>
>>330807347
You're on /v/. People on here are the hipsters of gaming.

Uncharted 3 wasn't better than 2, but not many games are. And UC3 in particular is still a really really great game.
>>
I remember disliking it initially, but looking back I quite liked many aspects of the game.
And I can't fault them for trying.

>>330808716
This anon in particular has a point.
>>
>>330808716
>>330809413
I remember the campaign being really poorly designed as all hell.
>>
>>330809595
You are remembering incorrectly.

The campaign/story is one of its strong points.
>>
I only played the second one but do the others suffer from that modern shooter syndrome where they just put a bunch of enemies with rocket launchers to oneshot in the last stages as they couldn't make the AI smarter and need a difficulty bump by the end?
>>
>>330807347
ND was so focussed on making The Last of Us, they made U3 as an afterthought.

They focussed in creating the "set pieces" first, and when TLOU was out, they wrote Uncharted 3's story around that in a couple of months.
>>
Felt really rushed. A little TOO cinematic for its own good.
>>
>>330809774
bullshit nigga all the buttfuck enemies all over the place was annoying as fuck and the pacing aint got shit on UC2. everything after chloe and cutter left ranged between great and godawful

>>330809808
thats exactly 3
>>
>>330809595
You remembered right. Drake's Deception went overboard and designed set pieces before the story logic could connect each chapter appropriately. The lead writer of 2 and 1 left and as a result, most of the stuff that's said in 3 just feels like a retread.
>>
Jihadi Ghost Riders
>>
>>330807347

The fuck are you even on about, the game was decent.

Are you seriously saying this game is unplayable?
>>
>>330811292
It's just not as good as the 2nd game.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.