[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everquest Next Cancelled: Dreams are dead edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: eqn1.jpg (599 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
eqn1.jpg
599 KB, 1366x768
..it's over....it's all fucking over
>>
MMOs in general need to go away for a decade.

Its a stagnant dying genre.
>>
finally they can focus on planetside 2
literally no one cares about kekburgerlelquest 2

I'm terribly sorry for your loss
>>
>>330803608
They knew it wasn't going to be fun so they gave up before they destroyed their legacy further. I wish developers would have the balls to admit this before submerging their IP in some gasoline and burn it while shooting it with as many heavy impact mass drive shots from space as possible.
>>
It looked like shit, I'm glad they cancelled it.
>>
File: turb.jpg (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
turb.jpg
184 KB, 1920x1080
>>330803701
You mean LagnetSide minecraft graphics?
>>
looked like it was going to be shit from the announcement anyway.

bring on camelot unchained.
>>
>>330803608
>>330803698
>fantasy mmorpg
I really want to respect your taste in vidya, but it's kinda hard

I got everything's gotta mean something to someone though
>>
>>330803921
Not my fault you have a degenerate computer
>>
>>330803608
whats that 2d side scrolling game called where you are a small poo inside a colon?
>>
>>330803925
what this guy said
>>
>>330803921
>light assault
fuck off.
>>
I enjoyed the landmark beta, but it definitely wasn't a full game. Reminds me of what metal gear rising was originally supposed to be. They could have turned eq next into a... revengeance type abortion, or drop it. So they dropped it. Right decision.
>>
>>330803698
That's what happens when everyone goes from trying to copy one game, to trying their hardest to be different. WoW both boosted and killed the genre because it was casual and hardcore friendly. It brought in MMO vets and noobs alike. The noobs didn't like any other MMO and the vets either couldn't find a decent game after or just like it enough to stick around.
>>
>>330803608
Everyone already knew this for years.
>>
File: 1448374454207.jpg (51 KB, 620x266) Image search: [Google]
1448374454207.jpg
51 KB, 620x266
>>330803935
Some of Us played a shit ton of wow raiding in college

we remember fun times with friends which made the game fun. The friends are gone or have families but maybe the game was fun by itself? maybe it wasn't but some of us want that magic back.

We get korean grindfests and P2Ws slung at us by the tons, we want a game where we can lose ourselves

EQ next was one hope of that and now it's gone
>>
>>330803921
>crutch surpression
fucking garbage can you be anymore of a fucking faggot you defective gobshite
>>
>>330803849
This. I'm glad they didn't release this shit as an everquest game.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.