[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: RTETERTER.png (2 MB, 2016x1028) Image search: [Google]
RTETERTER.png
2 MB, 2016x1028
How does this happen?
>>
Insomniac arent Jews?
>>
im still mad about drek's eyes
>>
>>330798805
They look fine to me
>>
Hype is proportional to launch price. Please do not get excited.
>>
>>330799161
Ratchet is like the most beautiful PS4 game to date.

I'm surprised it's not more hyped.
>>
i remember when insomniac mattered. Then they released r2
>>
>>330798418
>30 fps
Welcome to the magic of the ps4
>>
>>330798418
>Market forces

The general idea is you price a game at what you think people will pay for it. Publishers for NMS thought that people would pay $60 for it, while who ever published Ratchet thought that people would only pay $40 for it. That's likely due to several things.
>>
i cant wait to see the blunder that is no mans sky

i feel like there is so much false hype from big gaming sites and shit but people arent buying into it
>>
>>330799660
As long as there aren't drops, I'm fine with 30fps.
>>
>>330799718
It'll probably sell like 800k.

For an Indie priced at $60, that's a big success but not the AAA level of success they want.
>>
>No Man's Pirate

:)
>>
>>330800085
u can pirate ps4 games?
>>
>>330798418
Can't speak for No Man's Sky, but Ratchet and Clank's price happened because someone actually listened for once. Despite differences, fundamentally it's a rerelease of an older game. No matter what the quality of the game's rerelease--HD remakes, reimaginings, etc.--it should have a decrease in price compared to brand new titles.
>>
>>330800293
>He doesn't know
>>
Sony, as a platform holder, has a completely different strategy, they don't actually need individual games they're funding to profit.
As long as the game brings new users into their ecosystem it's ok.
Third party devs can't do this.
>>
>indy games
Who the fuck would buy some random asshole's game? Why is this even considered legitimate?
>>
No Man's Sky is the new Spore, the devs realized they hit it out of the park in making the game look amazing and they need to get the most out of the Day 1 buyers because once it turns out only be decent there will be a big backlash.

I really don't know why Sony is charging so little for the Ratchet and Clank Remake, it looks fucking stunning.
>>
Insomniac is an actual good developer.
>>
>>330799779
I'm not fine with letting a developer drop standards they had two generations ago.
>>
>>330798418
>only on PlayStation

*also on PC
>>
>>330798418
I'm fine with this. And I'm more hyped for No Man's Sky; I've been waiting for a game with that concept for years.

>>330800592
I bet that you only watch big budget, Hollywood popcorn flicks.
>>
>>330798778
>pre-order bonus
If only anon, if only...
>>
>>330799420
It's not a "realistic looking" game. So kiddos don't give shit
>>
>>330801515
I don't get the obsession with photo realism.

Real life sucks, why do you think people practice escapism?

Games are escapism, alcohol is escapism, drugs are escapism, even food can be escapism.

Fuck real life, you need a break from it time to time.
>>
>>330801716
Real life sucks, but we do live in a beautiful world anon.
>>
>>330798418
what's wrong with that
>>
>>330801787
I think Rayman Origins on an OLED screen looks better than real life desu
>>
>>330801716
meh depends

i think games like jak and r&c do it right
because they put art design over realism and it fits the cartoony/platformy genre

but then you get a game like no mans sky, which would benefit from looking real but instead looks shit, with filters upon filters and doesnt make sense to have planets look cartoony
>>
>>330801716
I agree. But kiddos don't.
Kiddos want their "realistic looking" FPS and stuff
>>
>>330801380
No, I don't watch movies. They are a waste of time, in my opinion.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.