[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Mario Sunshine is proof positive that they can make an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: sunshine.jpg (577 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sunshine.jpg
577 KB, 1024x768
Super Mario Sunshine is proof positive that they can make an action adventure Mario game that is fun AND interesting with a gimmick people will enjoy.

So why is it that Color Splash manages to appear so much worse by comparison? Is it the lackluster world? The new gimmick? The lack of new characters besides the Toads? Is it just because it's Paper Mario?

I'm genuinely wondering this myself because I loved Sunshine but Color Splash looks terrible so far. Let's discuss this.
>>
>>330795323
IDK
>>
>>330795323
Sunshine is the weakest of the 3d series though anon. You guys just nut on it to be different and hipsterfaggy
>>
>>330795323
Sunshine is far from being great.
>>
>>330795432
I know it's the weakest, but it was still a decent game. The setting was interesting, the gimmick was fun at times, and it introduced an entirely new species of Mario character instead of reusing toads toads toads.
>>
>all these opinions
There's only one opinion that matters, and that's the opinion that global warming is fact but is over dramatized by AL Gore and other liberal scientists.
>>
>>330795632
As far as world-building goes I have no problem with it and I really dug the atmosphere. The platforming was subpar however and it had nothing to do with the water machine gimmick either (even though it did manage to make things overcomplicated at times), there were just moments that felt entirely unpolished and moving around the world never felt particularly satisfying.
>>
>>330795663
>all these memes
There's only one meme that matters, and that's the meme that global memes is fact but is over dramatized by AL Meme and other meme scientists.
>>
Maybe because the game wasn't entirely a new gimmick and had a good mix of new and old
>>
Funny how the best levels in that game were the ones where they took flood away from you.
>>
Mario Sunshine attempted to add features to the main series.

Color Splash, along with Sticker Star, only attempts to remove features.
>>
>>330795432
>>330795449
>>330795632
Sunshine is the only mario game i've played that's an 8/10 or better IMO.

>>330796347
hue no
>>
>>330796385
>huehuehue my non-mainstream opinion is superior you plebians!
fuck off kid
>>
>>330796572
I don't even know what opinions are mainstream with mario games since as I said, sunshine was the only one I really liked.
>>
>>330796385
Guess each person has different tastes, but the real fun I had in that game was with those no flood levels. Catchy music, decent platforming.

I do praise sunshine for having the most "realistic" looking maps in the entire mario 3d games. Watching mario 3d world just hurts.
>>
>>330796946
>Pretending to be ignorant to get away from argument
fuck off kid
>>
>>330796980
That's one thing I love about Sunshine. Everything felt part of one world, and the levels weren't just floating polygons in space aside from the non-fludd ones.

64, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3D World, all just floating rectangles and spheres.
>>
>>330795323
Because Sticker Star didn't have a gimmick people enjoyed, Color Splash was shown off with blatant "Hey guys you all wanted Sticker Star 2 right? No? Oh well! Buy me anyways because we're never going to learn or suffer any consequences because we make things people don't like!"
>>
>>330797193
I mean I could understand mario 64 (technical limitations) and even galaxys to certain degree (space theme, planets make sense, but most of them were small as fuck).

But 3d world just hurts. Floating rectangles is so dumb and theyr're EVERYWHERE! the game feels blocky as fuck and it really hampers the level design and enjoyment.

I can't even take mario 3d world as a mainline 3D game, but I see that there is no plans for an actual 3d mario game for the pii u. Rip.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.