[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biggest regret in the souls series? I read a guide though dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1400801030175.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1400801030175.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Biggest regret in the souls series?
I read a guide though dark souls, it was the first game and I was intimidated by how everyone was saying it was so hard. It ended up being my favourite in the series and I can SL1 naked, no pyro run it with ease now. I played each subsequent game blind and they were all the better for it, but I can't turn the clock back for DaS1
>>
>>330788982
I'm in the same boat, anon.
Can't wait to blind run DaS3.
>>
Dark Souls is shit
>>
>>330789115
With the same game? Or another?
>>
>>330788982
Buying it.
>>
>>330789171
>ok.jpg
>>
>>330788982
I have almost all the character slots filled out with characters I had cool ideas for that I grinnded and never got to actually pvp with
>>
>>330789186
DaS1
>>
>>330788982
Watching 40 minutes of Dark Souls 3 footage. I managed to stop by the 3rd boss but I've been spoiled
>>
>>330788982
I played DaS1 blind.

I had no idea there was a plot until I got to Gwynevere.
>>
>>330789327
Oh anon, why?
>>
>>330789412
No self control.
>>
File: DaS3.png (13 KB, 611x70) Image search: [Google]
DaS3.png
13 KB, 611x70
>>330788982
Checking the date
>>
>>330788982
playing 2
>>
>>330788982
There's a few builds at the beginning of when I started doing PvP where I fucked up on the stats. Which meant having to spend 2ish hours running through the game to get back to SL 125 since I didn't use Save editors or Mules.
>>
>>330789805
>since I didn't use Save editors or Mules.
I never did get how they work, though I never really looked into them much, so yeah.
>>
>>330788982

I did the same, sort of. I didn't read where to go or what bosses to expect. I ended up looking through the weapon list and trying to find the weapon I felt I wanted to play as and a rough idea of the location it was in. I was also paranoid about builds.

While I didn't spoil everything, even that small look into the weapons sort of spoiled too much.
>>
>>330790419
I did that with demon's souls, didn't spoil much, but I wish I didn't.
>>
>>330790613

Yes, ultimately I wanted the great scythe and unintentionally spoiled myself into knowing about Divine weapons and at what point in the game I should go down there. I also looked up a covenant every time I found one, so when I found Chao servants I learned what would happen to Solaire if I didn't join them.
>>
>>330788982

I wasn't going to use a guide but I got so butt flustered about going through the graveyard when I didn't notice the path to Undead Burg that I used a guide for that part. Then once I'd peeked once, I couldn't help myself and peeked at the guide any time I got even a little stuck.

That being said, I don't really regret it. It was still a fun experience, and I feel like I probably would have gotten really frustrated at other parts without a guide and that would have taken away from whatever false feeling of superiority I would have gotten from being able to say "I did it without a guide, I am le pro gaymer".
>>
>>330789805
>Which meant having to spend 2ish hours running through the game to get back to SL 125
>get to 125 in 2 hours

what the fuck, literally how? some exploit?
>>
File: okay.png (58 KB, 240x307) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
58 KB, 240x307
>>330789171
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.