[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the link between Final Fantasy Tactics and FF12? The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
What is the link between Final Fantasy Tactics and FF12? The maps don't even look the same. I know they both take place in the same universe but other than that there doesn't appear to be any link.

Are the Occuria the same as the Lucavi?
>>
FFT map is just outside FFXII map. Also FFT is in the future. Moogles faced exctinction and as they mastered flight, airships vanished. Or something like that.
>>
>>330787182
Some kind of cataclysm occurred, killing off all races except humans and I think reshaping the world. It's never explained what in particular happened.
>>
>>330787680
I think it had more to do with humans killing the other major species, taking over everything, and running shit into the ground.
>>
File: Ivalice-picture.jpg (98 KB, 625x334) Image search: [Google]
Ivalice-picture.jpg
98 KB, 625x334
>>330787182
or something like that
>>
File: 1457876911963.png (1 MB, 1007x571) Image search: [Google]
1457876911963.png
1 MB, 1007x571
>The reins of history back in the hands of man!

And soon after Ivalice faced doom. Defying the Occuria was a mistake.
>>
Those espers it summons become very important
>>
>>330787182
the espers are the same as the lucavi I think
the occuria are their creators

what I want to know is where does "The Dark" from Vagrant Story fit in?
>>
>>330788482
It doesn't. That game was supposed to be the start of a separate series, but got canned and hamfisted into Ivalice universe.
>>
The world was created by the magic book in FFTAdvance. It's the first game chronologically speaking.

FFT is the last one since only humans and some wild beasts are left.

The only linking entity binding all games is the mention of St Ajora. Don't know what or who are the Lucavi...
>>
>>330787182
Espers are the Lucavi. Ultima/Altima's goal is to destroy the Occuria once and for all.

FFT takes place many years after FF12. St Ajora's death sparked a cataclysmic chain of events that sent the world into a dark age. Vagrant Story occurs after.
>>
How the fuck does FFTA and FFTA2 fit into this shit? FFTA2 clearly retcons a lot of FFTA, for starters, but FFTA by itself seemed like it had to be a seperate Ivalice from FFT.

Then FFXII came out, Judges were there, Montblanc was there, but the entire system of government was totally different, technology was different, etc.

Then FFTA2 comes out, it HAS to be the same Ivalice as FFTA, but Vaan and Panelo also show up in it. And not just as cameos like Balthier and Luso in WotL, but as a part of the story

Seriously, what the fuck is going on there?
>>
>>330788715

The Lucavi are the Espers. Some of them directly show up in both games.
>>
Semi related, is Revenant Wings anything like the FFTA games?
>>
>>330788871
The Ivalice in FFTA is a made-up fantasy world based on the real Ivalice from the past. FFTA2 is a continuation of the real past Ivalice (FF12, FF Revenant Wings ,FFT, Vagrant Story).
>>
>>330789271

But how? The same book is used to travel to both.
>>
>>330789540
Dunno man, that's just how it is. Continuation is inconsistent at times.
>>
File: Ivalice_Timeline.jpg (46 KB, 704x364) Image search: [Google]
Ivalice_Timeline.jpg
46 KB, 704x364
>>330789540
>The chronological order of the games is the following:

>Final Fantasy XII
>Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
>Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (Main Game)
>Final Fantasy Tactics
>Vagrant Story (not an official Final Fantasy title)
>Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
>Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (Prologue & Epilogue)

>In Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Luso is transported to an Ivalice in the timeline after Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (when Vaan and Penelo fully become sky pirates, and hinted by the discussion they have with Hurdy) and before Final Fantasy Tactics (or during if his War of the Lions appearance is considered canon, which is possible, since Mewt gave the Grimoire he used in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance to Luso at the end of Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift). This would also explain why Luso was looking for his friends in Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions. If his War of the Lions appearance is canon, it would take place after the events of Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift.

>Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift appears twice due to the appearances of Luso in both Ivalice and St. Ivalice.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.