[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we can all agree that Double Dash was the best, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: Mario_Kart_Double_Dash.jpg (56 KB, 320x447) Image search: [Google]
Mario_Kart_Double_Dash.jpg
56 KB, 320x447
So we can all agree that Double Dash was the best, right?
>>
i prefer the DS version sorry
>>
Agreed.
>>
Indeed.
>>
>>330783246
this. just more to do.
>>
Mk8 is easily the best. The only people saying otherwise haven't played it
>>
who cares they're all the same fucking game.

>no the drift is slightly different and the tracks curve in different ways and the graphics are better

c'mon we all know that's so fucking meaningless. what a boring fucking series. go fuck yourself OP.
>>
File: 1439482113374.jpg (228 KB, 1140x774) Image search: [Google]
1439482113374.jpg
228 KB, 1140x774
>>330782384
I liked the Co-Op. I would drive while my brother used and stored items. Plus he was also able to amplify my boost as well. It was one of the best asynchronous co-op modes ever, up there with Sonic and Tails from Sonic 2 and 3.
>>
>>330782384
No, DS is objectively the best

>that actually good online play
>good roster
>great selection of tracks
>mission mode
>>
>>330782384

I'm not the biggest fan of how drifting feels in DD. It's different than other mario karts.

Personally I think the best one is either DS or 8.
>>
>>330783509
>that actually good online play
You can't play online anymore, yeah? Also, didn't snaking make it pretty boring?
>>
all dat time playing dis at sleepovers
>>
Super Mario Kart > MK8 > DS > DD > Mario Kart 64

of the ones ive played
>>
>>330783509

>DS
>good roster

But the only character is dry bones and there's only one kart and it's a tank?
>>
>>330782384
Played the Wii version with my 7yo niece, i was driving (since she's bad at it) and her shooting.
Seemed kinda boring though, why didn't they make it split screen and give the shooter more control, like the direction of the projectiles and so on?
>>
>>330782384
there will never be another DD...

>double items
>baby park looked like the beaches of Normandy
>introduction to cart customization
>cart and character(s) mattered
>light weight was S-tier
>All Cup Fucking Tour

>>330783509
it was good, but the roster was weak. Had 3-4 goods and the rest were basic. I do miss mission mode.

MK DS and MK8 have the best retro cups. MKwii butchered them and mk7 had boring/rehashed selections.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 540x960
Only liked this one better because it was the first game I ever 100% when I was a kid. I was bored and decided to beat every cup including mirror and the 16-course cup with first place in every race in every cc. I was so surprised to find out doing so unlocked Boo and Petey Pirahnna along with the PipeKart. Blew my mind.
>>
>>330783509
all of these things are true, however

>Is on the DS

mario kart is an in person game
>>
>>330782384
No Im afraid not.

The two person mechanic meant little in the long run. It usually just equated to more item spam in general. Two players on a single kart wasn't even as fun as I hoped either, because the one on the back literally just got to launch their weapon and to a side punch maneuver. Except because the driver was the one aiming the kart the passenger was at his mercy on weather or not the aimed weapons did jack shit anyways.

The only memorable unique part of the game was the super weapons, but those where bullshit as well. How often you got an item depended heavily on your character, because some items came up more often than other super weapons. Bowsers shell and DK's bananas came up more than the babies chain chomp. This pretty much kills picking what character you want to play as because of item balance. It also stole some basic items just to give it to racers, so no more triple shells are super shrooms because those are now exclusive. On top of that some super items where imbalanced as hell, and some weren't even that good, making character choice even more stinted.

The best part of the game was the maps, as their are only a few that I don't truly enjoy.
>>
File: ParadeKart-TimeTrial-MKDD.png (571 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ParadeKart-TimeTrial-MKDD.png
571 KB, 1024x768
>>330784586
The Parade Kart (The kart you rode around on when you won a cup after a circuit) is what you got for doing 100% in the game. Petey and Boo along with their kart were just some of the last characters you unlocked.
>>
>>330782384
Nah drifting blew and you couldn't shoot and accelerate at the same time. Baby's first mk
>>
>>330783345
>Shit roster that could have used actual characters but decides to go for babies and stat changing versions of Mario and Peach
>The Karts are kinda ugly
>Anti-Gravity mode isn't all that great
>What is Item balancing

Besides that, I like everything else about MK8
>>
>>330784892
Oh shit I forgot about that kart. I do remember unlocking both of those karts around the same time.
>>
>>330785146
It's okay if you didn't actually unlock this Kart, anon. You don't have to prove anything.

I was doing the Mirrored CC version of the 16 track cup, was first all the way up to Rainbow Road, and then at the last minute choked so bad I ended up in last and just fell out of the top 3. Never picked up the game again.
>>
>>330783345
This, if you don't acknowledge 8s superiority you just haven't played the game.
Shit's so cash, coming from someone who loves the fuck out of DD
>>
>>330785023
Overall the controls were pretty shit, everything felt delayed.
>>
MK64 had the best tracks.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>330783350
This. The games are all the fucking same. Though two characters was really fun, I can see how people like it the best since it's the most different Mario Kart.
>>
>>330785449

64 has some good ones, but there's also dumb shit like the yoshi maze that's completely pointless because everyone takes the best path
>>
>>330782384
Everything about it was great except the soundtrack.
>>
>>330783840
dry bones is shit, try to beat any dev. time score with him, go do it and I change my mind
>>
>>330785449
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJF-u9xWIH8

Here I proved you wrong.
>>
>>330786079
Hiding the positions was cool, though.
>>
>>330782384
>>330783345
The only thing MK8 does better than DD is the antigrav + kart personalization
>>
>>330783345
>>330785336
Wrong

He >>330785060 has it right though.

MKDS has the most and best content.

Wii has the best roster.

And DD was the most fun/difficult. The only good part about 8 is the 200cc mode, but the tracks aren't made for it. The item balance is shit, and it's got hands down the worst roster in the series.

It's also got fuck all in regards to single player content.

The only thing 8 excels in is having the most ample/best track listing in the series.
>>
>>330782384
I agree, it had the best meatiest physics
Just like melee
>>
Is MK7 the best playable MK on PC (through Dolphin)?
>>
>>330787270
You mean mario kart 6
mario kart wii
>>
>>330787359
Whoops, yea you're right.
>>
CTR is still the best, its like the quake of cart racers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNWOIK3jwNE
>>
>>330786474

Dude, snaking. Dry bones is the best at it as he gets the strongest mini turbo

I've beaten literally all the dev times with him
>>
>>330787651

>it's a sonyggers invade a thread with their knock off episode
>>
>>330784892
What the fuck? I've never heard of this, there's a parade kart, boo, and Petey piranha?
>>
>>330788359

King boo and petey, yes.

Their special item is all of them
>>
>>330782384
It's actually the only bad one
>>
DS is the best
>>
>>330783840

each character had 3 karts and you could use anyones kart with any character

git gud
>>
>>330783509
I agree, but mainly because ROB was in the roster.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.