[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Fox Zero will include an invincible Arwing for beginners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: w e w.png (36 KB, 747x297) Image search: [Google]
w e w.png
36 KB, 747x297
http://www.shacknews.com/article/93706/star-fox-zero-will-include-an-invincible-arwing-for-beginners

Whole new low.
>>
>>330780579
So? It's not forcing you to play that mode. If people are just that bad at the game, then it isn't your problem
>>
>>330780579
I didn't know you had to use it
>>
>>330780579
Nothing wrong with that.
I'd rather get this system than the new babby's Mirror's edge
>>
>>330780579
I think the extreme easy mode that is a trend in recent nintendo games is a good thing, since it's so distinct from the actual gameplay that it probably isn't going to influence it very much.
>>
>>330781238
yeah it means they can make actual difficult modes
>>
>>330780579
Go to the menu
Select normal or hard difficulty
Problem fucking solved.
>>
>>330780579
Not shocked.

Nintendo's done "easy mode" plenty of times before, like with New Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Galaxy (I think it was the second game which did this).
>>
So you'd rather them dumb down the whole game?
>>
They may as well should add a autopilot mode so casuals can enjoy the story and silly dialogue.
>>
File: 1364150648470.gif (876 KB, 416x410) Image search: [Google]
1364150648470.gif
876 KB, 416x410
>there is people on this board, right now, who will play this mode
>>
Good news for casuals like me. I guess I can buy it now. Luckily I don't have to use cheats anymore.
>>
Good, I wish more games did shit like this so shitty players could just cheat their way through instead of dumbing down the entire game so they can beat it legitimately.
>>
>>330780579
>game has an easy mode
You mean like most games? How is it different than a difficulty setting?
>>
>>330781747
now I will just to make you puke bb that's like ym fetish
>>
Even Miyamoto disapproves.
But still, Superguides was his creation.
>>
I miss when even Nintendo games didn't include an "everyone's a winner!" mode.
>>
>>330781821
>easy mode

Easy mode implies there's still a chance at failure.
>>
I mean it's fine because now even if you've never played a vidya game in your life you can still somewhat enjoy playing Star Fox.

And at the end of the day invincibility mode is just like a cheat code for taking no damage whatsoever, it's optional and you don't have to use it, but you can if you wanna do it for fun, I do feel that they shouldn't handhold you this much, and the player should just learn to get good at the game, but I do find this mode may have it's benefits for some people.
>>
I'll laugh if reviewers still dock it points for being too hard
>>
>>330780579
It's optional. Why must you all act like elitist pricks? You can play the game normally, leave that completely optional mode to people that's isn't "hardcore" such as yourself. Holy fuck.
>>
Is everyone just ignoring that there's another difficulty where you die in one hit?
>>
>>330782021
>This is what "I play on easy" fags believe
Playing on easy=Indestructible airwing
>>
>>330780579
>Whole new low.

No. Remember how most kids these day experience video games: Let's Plays on youtube.
>>
If this was a cheat code for god mode instead you'd be praising it.

Better to design the game with a good difficulty curve and have this then dumb the whole game down.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.