[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best mechanism to reload a weapon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: GoW-reload-lg.png (53 KB, 510x250) Image search: [Google]
GoW-reload-lg.png
53 KB, 510x250
Is this the best mechanism to reload a weapon?
>>
>>330779650
If you put it on PC people will script it
>>
>>330779650
I liked it. It's simple once you break it in though, and easy to repeat.
>>
Not sure about the best but it makes it alot more interesting having to worry about reloading
>>
>>330779650
probably the only thing i enjoyed about the new battlefront's gameplay
>>
It's a very good system, fun and engaging. I wonder why we don't see it copied in more games.

But my favorite is still giving the player a clip/magazine count instead of a bullet count. It's more realistic (which, in most games, is a plus), makes it so that you unlearn the habit of spamming reload when you're not shooting and increases the tension of the match when you have to decide between reloading to have a full clip, but waste some ammo or use the clip to the end and risk being caught with your pants down.
>>
>>330779650
For cover shooter, maybe. For fast-paced game it's awful, as seen in EDF:IA.
>>
File: 1404689935427.gif (2 MB, 219x150) Image search: [Google]
1404689935427.gif
2 MB, 219x150
>tfw Gears 1 was amazing
>tfw Gears 2 had awful networking
>tfw Gears 3 was just shit
>tfw Gears Anniversary is W10 only
>>
>>330780839

GITGUD
>>
>>330780267
I wonder how you would implement that for a multiplayer franchise. Probably have ammo stay on the battle field when you die and people will pick it up from dead corpses. I see people reloading way too much and fuck throw away half clips.but this is my take
>>
>>330782238
Nah, it makes sense. Gears is way too slow to compete with the pace of cod. It will kind of break the gameplay.
>>
>>330782156
i hate the fact that gears 1 is objectively the best of the series just due to it's execution even though the sequels had better ideas (minus the sawed off)
>>
I hope gears 4 brings back the golden age of gears. Halo is dead but theres still hope for some former glory coming back
>>
>>330780267
Honestly, it isn't done more because it is boring. Worrying about ammo isn't fun in most games. It has its place in realistic games but most shooting games are twitchy and you need to be able to fire at any time. The depth isn't in ammo conservation, its in your ability to shoot the guy in their head without getting your head shot.

That's why I love active reloading, It doesn't stop the action but it can still be stressful.
>>
>>330779650
>QTE.
>No.
>>
File: 1457907227440.gif (2 MB, 366x360) Image search: [Google]
1457907227440.gif
2 MB, 366x360
is there a multiplayer shooter with no reloading unless you have an empty clip? i would play that even if it's old or buggy, enough of reloading like a maniac
>>
>>330782642
>I wonder how you would implement that for a multiplayer franchise

Just play Red Orchestra
>>
Receiver for GOAT reload mechanic
>E to remove mag
>Keep mag on slot 1-9 or toss with E
>Select mag number 1-9
>Z to insert mag (or double tap number in previous step)
>T if gun was empty
This is for semiautos of course.
>>
I like the mash-to-reload-faster system as seen in games like Alan Wake.

It just satisfies me to watch the animation speed up with each button press.
>>
>>330782156
>tfw Gears 3 was just shit

I disagree. It's the one that just works. Minus fuck ups with the mantle kicking and other odd things, it just works.
>>
>>330779650
Don't know, but it's NICE!
>>
>>330782642
SOCOM did that. You would keep the mag with the remaining bullets in it so if you reloaded enough it would go back to those mags with whatever remaining bullets you had in it.
>>
>>330783325
Day of Defeat gives you limited magazines (5-6), and if you reload early you throw away the whole magazine. Makes for tense ammo management.

The only gun that can't reload until its empty is the Garand, though

*PING*

There's a couple Rainbow Six games that do ammo management this way: you either throw away the mags, or keep your bundle of half-used ones
>>
>>330783631
Shit yeah!
>>
>>330779650

How does it make the bullets stronger?
>>
My favourite is:
>Reloading early loses any remaining shots in the clip/mag/etc.
>Active reload ala the OP is included
>Certain weapons have special properties if you reload before expending all ammo - such as the drum of a machine gun becoming a grenade, the cannister of a flamethrower firing off like a rocket, or just letting you reload much faster depending on how many shots were left

But literally only one game does it ;_;
>>
>>330783734
Get the marker in the white part and your bullets become stronger.
>>
>>330783325
You'd like red orchestra. Example
>say you have 2 mags with 10 rounds each.
>shoot 5 from the first mag then reload
>no mag has 10 and you shoot all of it
>Reload and you end up back to the mag with 5/10 shots left.
>>
>>330783734
you get amped from reloading so NICELY that you shoot more accurately
>>
>>330779650

>people would burn through half of their ammo so they could have the damage boost from an active reload in a firefight.

Gears had some great mechanics.
>>
>>330783785
I don't think that's what he is asking.
>>
>>330783879
Ahh. My b. Thought that's what he wanted to know.
>>
>>330783650
>Garand can't reload until it's empty
Either WaW or Frontline did this.
>>
>>330783650
>Day of Defeat
thanks m8 it looks cool and even my shitty laptop can manage it, I'll buy it tonight
>>
Insugency has a mag-based system with chambered rounds and persistent mags
>try to reload Sterling at beginning of round out of habit
>you can't because it's already full and gun is open bolt
>>
>>330779650
No. Its artificial difficulty. And most interesting reload is realistic reload where you lose the bullets in the magazine (or when you reload again the mag would be at previous bullet count of the half empty mag). Sadly they dont make retards that reload after 2 bullets pay for their mistakes in current games.
>>
>>330783743
BL2
>>
>>330782642
RO2 is the best for this, having to manually check your magazine, tells you how full the magazine is. Quite good
>>
>>330784115
The mod was even better, it had you cycle through the different mags, with only a vague idea of how many rounds in one: "the magazine feels empty", "the magazine feels full".
>>
>>330783953
Frontline
>>
>>330782156

Gears 2 had the best campaign, and would have been best multiplayer if it had fucking worked

Gears 3 was fantastic but just lacked a certain quality 1&2 had that I just can't quite place.

Obviously we dont talk about Judgement. Epic handed off a half finished game to People Can Fly and told them to get it done by release date and fucked them over hard.
>>
>>330786456
I hope Gears 4 uses certain things from Gears 3.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.