[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1995-2004 is the best era in gaming, no discussion. Everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Morrowind_1.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_1.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
1995-2004 is the best era in gaming, no discussion.

Everything after that just caters to the masses, overhyped, doesn't need to be a quality product just to sell, is mostly fucked up because great PC legacies (mainly GTA and Elder Scrolls) have been dumbed down for consoles, graphics are valued more than content, etc.

Pic related. An fucking MASTERPIECE. Sadly, we won't see anything like it again in the current state of the gaming world.
>>
I'm fond of that era too OP but to say everything before or after is shit is a very very narrow-minded opinion.

This was definitely the peak for RTS gamers, I'm still playing through Blitzkrieg II and I bought it a decade ago
>>
>>330779219

Would Morrowind be improved by a movement speed faster than a glacier?
>>
>>330780513
no
>>
Posting in epic bait thread.
Let's hope for 300 comments guys. :)
>>
>>330779219
>1995-2004 is the best era in gaming, no discussion.
no, the golden age was the 80's.

1995-2004 is simply the 3d era.
>>
>>330780513
Yes and no. Increased movement speed means you move faster, which is good but it makes the world feel smaller to some (or rather how small it actually is). Morrowind would need to be doubled in size at least. However, there is Tamriel Rebuilt which can accomodate larger speeds since it has a far larger landmass.
>>
>>330780682
If you think shitty arcade boxes were the pinnacle of gaming you are either an old, nostalgic fuck or a child who was "born in the wrong generation"
>>
>>330780829

Oh cmon anon arcades were hype
>>
>>330780829
arcades were extant well into the early 2000's, and yes. they were a very significant part of gaming.

Most video game classics were from the 80's. Lemmings, Tetris, Pacman, Destroyer etc.
>>
>>330781017
>>330781008
I'm not saying arcades are bad or insignificant, they just aren't the golden standard of gaming. Watching games switch from 2d sprites to "breathtaking 3D" was hype as fuck, low poly models and clipping all over the place but the WORLD WAS ALIVE, AND HUGE! Racing games and RPG became spectacles, fighting games got more violent, even arcades improved since enemies would get closer to you and attack. Early 3D perfected gaming.
>>
Deus Ex
System Shock
Thief
Half Life
VtMB
Blood
Perfect Dark
Silent Hill
I agree OP. But expect /v/ to be filled with underage retards.
>>
2004 is definitely when the cutoff date happened

half-life 2 changed everything for the worse
>>
>>330781930
>half life
>perfect dark
>blood
Go fuck yourself, at least you posted some good games from that era.
>>
>>330782230
>having shit taste
>>
>>330780513
>this little nigger never bothered to put points on SPD
>complains movement is slow
>>
>>330779219
>Morrowind
>good

It's not even the best TES. Oblivion and Daggerfall are both far superior.

>inb4 muh walls of text
>inb4 muh brown literally everything
>>
>>330779219
I'm sure that range is your general childhood and teenage years. There's plenty of great games before '95 like Ultima Underworld and the fact that you consider Morrowind to be the pinnacle of the genre is more evidence of that.
>>
>>330782909
>inb4 your shit opinion hits the fan
Oh wait, it already did. Go get the mop and clean after yourself, you disgusting animal.
>>
I think Fallout 4 surpassed the depth of the world that Morrowind brought to the table. The sheer quantity, quality and attention to detail put into the world makes it one of the very few games holding a candle to Morrowind in that regard. If only it had better thought-out, deeper geography and political situation, like Morrowind had, it would've been truly monumental
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.