[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on Dark Souls 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: ds2.jpg (52 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
ds2.jpg
52 KB, 256x369
What is your opinion on Dark Souls 2?
>>
It gave me ~100 hours of fun, but I'll probably never play it again.
>>
>softbans
>>
>>330778496
I got 200

Then my family share friend got SotFS and I tried to play that.
Didn't even make it past heide's, everything was just more difficult for the sake of being more difficult.
>hurr here's an enemy only someone who played DSII original wouldn't expect
>got you!
>>
I like it over ds1 because its more combat focused, and I take the trade of significantly better combat over lore, locations and traps

Interconnected world is the single most overrated thing about ds1 even though I kinda appreciate the difficulty, it doesn't make much sense from the lore perspective unless every location was fucked at the same time and very quickly
>>
>>330778496
This. Ng to ng ++ for all the goodies
Some pvp shenanigans and some build tests

Went back to DaS abd DeS after that
>>
>>330778979
the combat mechanics themselves are better, but the enemy design and placement is much worse leading to an overall worse experience imo.

I'ts not fun to fight 10 hollows at once, and they make you do it 2 times in the same area before the first boss.
>>
I absolutely despise most of the weapon movesets. The only ones I actually remember liking are the greathammer/club type weapons and the Loyce Greatsword
>>
Was a fun game and SOTFS gave me a reason to play through it all again. Did some stuff right and some stuff wrong but by no means a complete shit fest like some claim around here.
>>
>>330778979
The combat focus is only half true.
They had some good ideas like the improved dual wielding but it suffers from bad hitboxes and boring movesets. Also the enemies especially bosses have a very limited moveset wich makes pve combat boring.
>>
>>330779231
I also didn't like undead parish
>>
It's an okay game that is treated as the next coming of hitler, even if it hasn't done anything particularly wrong or right.
>>
I got about 100 hours out of it so I enjoyed it.

I didn't enjoy it as much as Bloodborne or DaS but it's still a solid game. Any autist who rages out over it should be ignored.
>>
>>330778419
I liked it but it was disappointing. i wouldnt have a poster of it.
>>
>>330778419
Better than Dark Souls 1 in almost every aspect.
This DLC are 10/10.
But I'm talking only single player, I've never played multiplayer in any soulsborne game.
>>
Bretty gud but not as good as 1.
>>
>>330779513
the rest of DSII doesn't get any better though
>>
How do you feel about the way this perfectly normal living man holds his sword?

(Also, which sword is this? Someone posted it in the weaponfu thread yesterday.)
>>
File: 1457886817048.png (1 MB, 823x732) Image search: [Google]
1457886817048.png
1 MB, 823x732
>>330779808
FUCK.
>>
Coming from Bloodborne, I'm enjoying it. Yeah, I have my complaints like the tedium of killing the same type of enemy 20 times on the way to a boss, many times getting bum rushed by multiple enemies which only force you to run backwards or throw spells, there's also a lot of surprise attacks from behind. The bosses are pretty easy and not particularly memorable so far, especially with summons, I just reached Drangleic Castle after raging at the annoying hell that is Iron Keep. I also like the build options a lot more than Bloodborne. The levels require a lot more thought, caution, and learning compared to Bloodborne which I believe is 70% focused on combat. What I really enjoyed was the openess of exploring at the beginning of the game as you try and find out the limits of each area, I probably spent 3 hours just going around exploring before fighting the first boss. But what I don't enjoy is all the stuff I can potentially miss without looking it up online seeing as I don't have PSN for signs.
>>
>>330779909
I'm pretty sure that's a modded/texture swapped Heide sword. Google "Ultimate Heide Knight Sword"
>>
>>330778419
>le is shit meme XD
>>
>>330780201
Looks like a cross between DS1's silver knight sword and something from KOTOR. That game loved hilt-things that went halfway up the blade.
>>
Is there a class that makes playing this game more fun?
I tried the same melee build I did for DaS1, but didn't really feel like sticking with it. It just got boring.
>>
>>330781005
Uh? What do you consider fun in medieval fantasy games? Ranged DPS, tanky, Magic DPS?

I mean I could throw build ideas at you but I have no idea what you consider fun.
>>
>>330778419
I don't like the art direction and that's a big part of why I love the first one I actually think that 2 is downright ugly

Design wise I like it less than the first and I'm probably never going to play it again but I don't hate it as much as other people here, worth a playthrough
>>
>>330781201
I don't like the shitty hitboxes in DS2.
I found it boring. Just was wondering if there was a build that fixes a lot of the problems people have with it.
>>
File: 1356657061741.jpg (263 KB, 972x560) Image search: [Google]
1356657061741.jpg
263 KB, 972x560
>Demon's Souls: 300~ hours
>Dark Souls: 800~ hours
>Dark Souls 2: 60~ hours
>Bloodborne: 500~ hours
>>
>>330781364
So you wonder if there is a build that will somehow change the games design and change hitboxes? Yeah. Ok.
>>
>>330781889
I bet you're a real blast at parties.
>>
>>330783025
I mean a build that keeps the shitty hitboxes from being a problem.
Just ignore my question if you don't know what to say.
>>
>>330783068
nigga what?
That shit's unprompted. Take your aut pills.
>>
>>330783068
>haha he plays video games what a loser
>>
>>330783068
I bet your girlfriend is proud of that sick burn you just laid on that guy, wow man good job 10/10 you sure showed him how dare he discuss the amount of hours he's played
>>
Had a few fun months with it.

PvP was neat.
>>
>>330778419
It was great. I enjoyed the fact that it had a different look and feel to it.
>>
Why do people say the DLC is the best part? It's the exact same shit as the base game.
>>
>>330783406
>>330783461
>>330783672
Samefag
>>
>>330783849
no?

there's decent shortcuts, interconnectivity, tough bosses and secret stuff and mechanics

sure, you're basically fighting the same enemy for most of the 3 DLCs, that's the only real flaw.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.