[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why exactly do People hate this game so much? >hurr durr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
Why exactly do People hate this game so much?

>hurr durr too many Knights in giant armor
FUCK OFF. I'm glad it didn't only consist of meme bosses like DS1. Its Setting is the Middle Age.
>>
>>330773751
>Setting is the Middle Age
Yeah but the whole game is barely medieval at all, bruh. They wanted to go with this whole "stone" theme that ends up looking fucking wierd.
Besides that, PVE is fucking boring. Yeah, half of the enemies have no HP and attack you from behind walls with insane leaps leaving you no room\they come in a package of 400 or they are disappointigly "spongy" taking a lot of damage while having dumb AI.
The PVP is the most fun part but it's unbalanced and the community is cancer.
So here's that.
>>
The bosses are ass in this game. Why is there so much "multiple bosses with shit health"?
>>
This game didn't have a cohesive feel to it travelling from one edge to the other. The zones didn't flow together, and it felt tight and constructive compared to the first. Combat was much improved and I love the new animations but this game proved how important a seamless world is to the series
>>
>>330773751
>Meme bosses
How to lose all credibility in a single word.
>>
>>330773751
>meme bosses
God fucking damn i hate you people. You are the reason this board is shit.
>>
>>330776264
I can only think of 3. Sentinels and gargoyles and dragon slayers.
>>
>>330773751
That's not the reason, at all. It's stuff like Soul Memory, i-frames being tied to a stat, poise being fucked instead of balanced, enemies only being hard because they're in large groups or because you can't flinch them, faith getting nerfed to being useless outside of healing/buffs, poison being overpowered as shit, co-op being fucking timed, the areas not truly being linked, or the story that makes fuckall sense. And despite all that, at the end of the day, when you just look at the game by itself and not compared to Dark Souls or Demon's Souls, or at the effort that B-Team put in despite their inexperience or incompetence, it's still a fun game.
>>
>>330777738
The skeleton lords
Prowling Magus and Congregation

Then there's all those bosses that include mobs of enemies like the Chariot, that giant Rat boss, the smaller Rat boss, and the two I mentioned earlier.

None of these bosses were actually hard at all. They just couldn't make a decent boss in this game so they had to throw more enemies at you to make it somewhat difficult.
>>
>>330773751
Also,
>DaS1 only has meme bosses
Haha, yeah! My favorite meme is the Centipede Demon!
>>
I just got to Drangleic Castle. I'm playing SOTFS and after coming from beating Bloodborne 3 times, I can appreciate the change in setting. It's been a really long time since I played Dark Souls 1 so I can't really compare it till I play through it again. I will say that I think that most of the bosses are legitimately easier especially with summons, I usually die way more running the path back to them. I just beat Iron Keep and I got to the point where there straight up are zero enemies in the first two rooms leading the the Old Iron King. So now I know where I'll probably quit in further playthroughs.

My main complaints so far are definitely the wonkiness of SOTFS's "improved AI" that causes them to follow you forever or bug out and act differently than usual. Also the whole pulling 5-6 enemies at one time can really test your patience. There's also a lot of stuff in the game I feel was designed to be found by reading signs which I don't have since I play offline. Overall, I appreciate the levels requiring a bit more thought tthan Bloodborne which is more focused on combat. I also really missed pyromancy.
>>
>>330773751
>shitty enemy placement
>hard = tedious design mentality
>soul memory
>tons of technical complaints that i haven't pvped enough to be upset about because, again
>soul memory
>>
>>330778538
What about this boss is a meme?
>>
>>330777738
Royal Rat, err, Vanguard? The first one you fight.
>>
>>330778635
Exactly.
>>
People hate the game because a youtube meme video told them to, and most people on /v/ are too young and dumb to form their own opinions.
>>
>>330778762
Yeah, really funny.
Maybe you might want to go back to r/vidya, you neo-/tv/-Autist if the only thing you can provide to this discussion are buzzwords about "memes"
>>
So I heard the ps3 version of SotFS wasn't actually changed at all and is different from Ps4/Xbone/Pc. Is this true?
>>
>>330773751

>hurr durr too many Knights in giant armor

this is kinda true though, the enemy variety in DaS2 was pretty lacking compared to the first game, especially when it came to the bosses. which was unfortunately particularly because DaS2 is a significantly larger game than DaS1.

that being said, i agree with you OP, it may not be as strong as DaS1 but it's still just a fun game.
>>
>>330778874
I literally don't understand where you're trying to go here. OP said Dark Souls 1 consisted exclusively of meme bosses. I retorted sarcastically about a boss that wasn't a meme. You asked what made the boss a meme, I replied stating that you asking that proves my point, or rather was the point. OP's statement was factually incorrect. Suddenly you're flinging weird, actual buzzword insults at me and telling me to go back to a place I've never actually visited, let alone frequented, and claiming that I am ruining the discussion by "only talking about buzzword memes", which I didn't do in the first place, and I don't see how anyone could have taken what I said as such unless they have trouble properly interpreting what other people are talking about.
>>
Is it me or DaS2 is kinda getting retconned in DaS3? There's a lot of references to DaS1 but I haven't seen anything about DaS2.
>>
File: DS2 hyperarmor.webm (944 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
DS2 hyperarmor.webm
944 KB, 960x540
You guys want to know what is wrong with DS2? the fucking hyperarmor taking away all the sense of weight and satisfaction of swinging a weapon.
>>
>meme x

You're trash, anon.
>>
>>330779890
I think one of the big things about DS2's lore is how the whole time the NPCs are talking about how insignificant Drangleic and its history truly are. They always talk about countless kingdoms rising and falling in the same spot. The cycle of the flame still goes on, unless you're following SOTF's ending in which I believe could be canon since it would allow them to change up the story and provides them with a lot more lore ideas to explore. I still want to know what the implications are of Drangleic taking place in the past when you start the game.
>>
>>330780154
DLC enemies as a whole were just pure bullshit with their infinite poise
>>
>>330780625
The hollow soldiers in the first area of the game behave exactly the same.
>>
>>330779890
Theres a giants corpse from DS2 near the new firelink shrine
>>
>>330780740

it's because of the way the poise mechanic works (e.g. as a meter that resets).

once you know this it's really not that tough.

and while i agree the animations can feel weightless at times as as result, on the flip side, DaS1 was stupidly easy thanks to being able to stunlock 75% of the game's enemies.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.