[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the beta? I'm disappointed, to be honest >runs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Thoughts on the beta?

I'm disappointed, to be honest
>runs at sub 40 FPS
>extremely bugged
>combat system is a joke
>>
>>330772870

Thought it was ok, has a bit of potential but we'll see. Wouldn't at all surprise if they got too ambitious and shot themselves in the foot.
>>
>People thought this would be better than Bannerlord
>>
>>330772870
>combat system is a joke
could you elaborate? haven't played it myself but im interested.
>>
File: file.png (575 KB, 681x562) Image search: [Google]
file.png
575 KB, 681x562
>>330772982
The star in the middle of the enemy is like a radial menu. You select one direction and then attack that part of the body (e.g. selection the top jag means attacking the head).

Not only does it feel unnatural, but also clunky.
Have you ever played a PC game with a radial menu and weren't able to see the mouse when selecting?

Blocking is basically a QTE where you have to wait for the opponent to strike, then press Q.

Combos are (because of that radial menu) annoying to execute and your better off just slashing at the enemy.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1695x953) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1695x953
But the game also blew me away at times.
The world is extremely detailed and facial animation look stunning.

In the final game, you could basically follow a NPC the whole day and observe their routine.
>>
>>330773394
>Have you ever played a PC game with a radial menu and weren't able to see the mouse when selecting?
i've played exanima if that's at all similar, which kind of looks to be the case, and i didn't like the controls at first, but they began to make sense over time. i dont like the sound of the blocking mechanic though.
>>
>>330773552
>In the final game, you could basically follow a NPC the whole day and observe their routine.
You can do that in Oblivion and Skyrim anon.
>>
>>330773552

>In the final game, you could basically follow a NPC the whole day and observe their routine.

This is nothing special anon.
>>
>>330772870
So edgy. Maybe you shouldn't play beta versions of games then? Because that's how every game in beta looks like.
>>
>>330773394
"you have to wait for the opponent to strike, then press [a button]"

So every game ever made that has blocking is QTE?
>>
Combat looks disappointing. The worst part appears to be the blocking mechanic.
>>
>>330773552
looks like it could be comfy to wander around, hope they make the combat a bit better than what people say it's like atm
>>
>>330772870
>runs at sub 40 FPS
for beta that's actually really good. you don't optimize game until it has all it's moving parts in it.
>extremely bugged
yeaaah, it's like it's still in beta or something
>combat system is a joke
that's just like your opinion man
>>
>>330772870
looks decent, rest is garbage and i dont see much hope for that game
>>
File: 2015-02-09_00003.jpg (535 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-09_00003.jpg
535 KB, 1920x1080
>>330774685
skyrim schedule = going to stand here doing absolutely nothing, wait until 7pm, then go to the tavern and do absolutely nothing.

At least the devs for this want to create real NPC interactivity... but whether they do it or not remains to be seen.
>>
>>330775398
The main design topics, like combat, are usually complete in the beta. I guess they could make the handling better but that's about it, if what OP says is accurate.
>>
>>330772870
>runs at sub 40 FPS
>extremely bugged

You don't comprehend the idea of beta, do you?
I don't understand people who complain on technical issues of aplha/beta versions of the game. That is what it is for, to fix those bugs
>>
>>330775485
>for beta that's actually really good
work on your b8
>>
>>330775836
>You don't comprehend the idea of beta, do you?
You don't comprehend the idea of pre-alpha and alpha, do you?
>>
What the fuck do I do during a rainy night?
>can't use torch to see where the fuck to go
>can't go back to barracks or where the fuck that is to rest
>don't see an inn in the initial village
>can't wait because I might get hungry or something
>>
>>330775836
alpha ran better for me
>>
>beta

Who gives a fuck?

Tell me when it's done.

Also, Devs that ask any random chucklefucks opinion on what to put in their game are trash.
>>
>>330775836
Optimization isn't a beta thing dumbshit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywz-eihdZ7c

It's a great game for great people.
>>
It's basically Mount & Blade with too much ambition whereas Bannerlord is Mount & Blade with too little.
>>
>>330779591
It's nothing like M&B, stop being retarded
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.