[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of collecting parts for this thing when it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 120px-Fusedshadow.png (52 KB, 120x245) Image search: [Google]
120px-Fusedshadow.png
52 KB, 120x245
What was the point of collecting parts for this thing when it was useless?
>>
It was used to kill Zant and then destroy the barrier around Hyrle Castle, but it was pretty pointless. It was more of a way to have a reward at the end of each dungeon than anything.
>>
>>330766101
>used to kill zant and then destroy the barrier
>pretty useless

Pick one
>>
>>330765638
>tfw I thought that was Midna's headdress
>>
Because Twilight Princess is awful and Zelda has been shit for 15 years. NX better be good.
>>
>>330766269
My point was that the story would not have suffered if it didn't exist, which is why I called it pointless, not useless. If some other shitty reason had been made for going to the first 3 dungeons such as cleansing the twilight further, and then the story continued on like normal until Zant was killed by normal means and then the barrier around Hyrule Castle dissipated after his death, would the story really be any different?
>>
>>330766270
...It is. Her headdress is part of the Fused Shadow.
>>
>>330766803
You literally just listed several ways in which the story would be different.
>>
>>330767293
They are minor differences that don't affect the overall story at all though. The pieces are nothing more than glorified dungeon rewards that were shoehorned into the story to not make it feel completely pointless acquiring them.
>>
>>330766278
>Zelda has been shit for 15 years
More like 30
>>
>>330766278
with your attitude, regardless of how it'll end up you won't be happy.
>>
>>330767561
Well yeah why would it make you acquire them if they were pointless
>>
File: 1457958583089.png (11 KB, 666x458) Image search: [Google]
1457958583089.png
11 KB, 666x458
>>
>>330768005
i can't find the "any" key, anon.
>>
>>330765638
It's a maguffin. Its only purpose is to drive the plot forward and that's completely fine. It's Zelda, do people play this for the plot?
>>
>>330767954
>>330767561
>acquire the emerald, ruby and sapphire to open the door the sacred realm link!
>>
>>330766803
well Zant is practically immortal. He's kind of got a Piccolo/Kami deal with Ganondorf except reversed so instead of one dying killing both of them, if one dies while the other is alive then he gets to live.

hence Zant breaking his own neck when Ganondorf gets stabbed being the thing that kills ganondorf instead of jdying just from being fucking impaled like a little girl getting fucked by a nigger with a 16 inch dick.
>>
>>330768005
>siema
kto pl
>>
>>330767702
What this guy said.
>>330766278
Don't expect the NX to be any good though.
>>
>>330767702
>with your attitude, regardless of how it'll end up you won't be happy.

He's not really wrong though, Zelda hasn't been great since Wind Waker.

Up until Twilight Princess Zelda had been an absolute trailblazer for the industry, taking risks and innovating at the same time. Twilight Princess was when you could tell Nintendo caved in and just made a Zelda, nothing more, nothing less, and Skyward Sword was basically a fancy tech demo wrapped in a pretty poor Zelda.

If Zelda U doesn't completely reinvent Zelda. Then the franchise will most likely slowly fade into obscurity, played by fans who remember the franchise for the titan it was but ignored by everyone else.
>>
>>330769169
Are you twelve?
>>
>>330767561
They aren't really shoehorned into the story. At the beginning of the game, the only way Midna knows of to match Zant's raw power is by using forbidden Twili magic artifacts.
Sure, by the time you actually confront him, you have the Master Sword and Ganondorf has left his body and weakened him considerably, but It makes sense for you to be seeking them out early on.
Also, they're explicitly shown to be dangerous and corruptive to the Light Realm, so it's a good idea to collect them and send them back to the Twilight Realm anyway.
They're much more organically woven into the plot than "Collect these three baubles to show you're worthy"
>>
>>330767702
That's an illogical conclusion. I don't like the direction Zelda has taken since the n64. So if they change direction, my "attitude" will prevent me from enjoying that? Learn to think.
>>
>>330769505
I don't expect it to be good, but I hope it is. Only someone with no taste wouldn't be prepared to be let down by Zelda these days. Very cautiously hopeful.
>>
>>330769975
>Zelda hasn't been great since Wind Waker
But Twilight Princess was a much better game than Wind Waker.
Like, they didn't just make a Zelda game, they made THE Zelda game. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with keeping it simple if you do it well.
And frankly, Wind Waker didn't even actually take that many risks aside from its artstyle.
>>
>>330769975
Wind Waker was terrible as well. Awful, empty dungeons and obviously incomplete and padded for the latter half of the game. I don't give it points for trying.

As shitty as TP is, I score it higher for being a more complete experience.

No Zelda since n64 is justified in how much it sucked. No excuse.
>>
>>330770512
It wasn't done well though. And more points taken off for being an uninspired retread of OoT. Still, more complete than WW, and I give completeness the edge.
>>
>>330770070
anon, since you yourself have no idea the direction you even want from it, I guarantee no matter what they do you'll find fault.
>>
>>330770650
Please, Wind Waker copped way more shit directly from OoT than Twilight Princess ever did.
And I say that as someone who adores all three of those games. WW is utterly obsessed with OoT's legacy, whereas TP is much closer to a mixture of aLttP and Majora than it is to OoT.
>>
>>330770787

>you yourself have no idea the direction you even want from it

anon, are you hallucinating over there?
>>
>>330770512
>And frankly, Wind Waker didn't even actually take that many risks aside from its artstyle.

It evolved the Open World concept though, Wind Waker basically cleverly created a seemless world with lots of polish and detail for a console that couldn't really handle it, by making it take place at sea. Wind Waker was basically the next step after Ocarina of Time's world. But Twilight Princess was a step back to OOT again, while being more open than OOT, it had a much more corridor driven world than WW. The wolf was also a pretty shitty hook after Wind Waker's sea travelling.

TP was playing it safe, it was a reaction to the negative reaction of WW and MM, it was supposed to be "Ocarina of Time 2".
>>
>>330770995
If yoy want. They're both unremarkable.
>>
>>330771020
no, I'm being replied to by a passive-aggressive cunt who'd rather be vague and not actually discuss what he wants from the series and instead shit on what is already there and easily destructible.
>>
>>330767293
Don't ever write a story
>>
>>330771294
I'm not interested in writing an essay for you about what I want from Zelda. I said I don't like the direction it's taken and you made two claims that you pulled out of your ass. It's not incumbent upon me to back up your claims. Fuck ofg.
>>
>>330771492
>fuck ofg
mad
>>
>>330771180
Twilight Princess was also a game where it didn't take five minutes of crossing obviously masked loading zones and where you could actually turn your mode of transportation without having to stop and play a fucking song, so until WWHD came around, it was a much more enjoyable game to travel around in for me.
>>
>>330771579
Annoyed and on my phone.

Again: Fuck off, pissbaby.
>>
Why is the eye thing the same from the Majora's Mask? Were they created by the same people?
>>
>>330770512
>>330770537
I thin you completely missed his point

You can argue that you think TP is a better game, but it did nothing to push the series forward when the formula is a little stale
>>
>>330771969
That's pretty much what I said, but I consider them both pretty bad.
>>
>>330771969
Neither did Wind Waker.
Go collect three goddess gems to open the midpoint dungeon and get the Master Sword, then go awaken some sages and confront Ganondorf in his tower. Wow, so they spread the world map out and gave you a boat instead of a horse, big fucking deal.
Hell, they even skimped on that front and cut a bunch of content because the game was rushed.
>>
>>330766278
>Nintendo
>Making good anything after the GC
>>
>>330772209
I'll never agree with calling it "exploring" to travel from square to square, knowing in advance that you're going to find exactly one island and a handful of unsurprising items.
>>
>>330770995
>Windwaker copied more

Anon, that's bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>330772280
Mario is still arguably a great series. So is Pikmin. So is Mario Kart. DKC. Kirby. Lots of one-offs and new series since then.

Zelda is the most notable one that has been nosediving for over a decade.
>>
>>330772429
Wind Waker literally reuses every single major story beat from Ocarina except for the time skip. Right down to awakening sages, giving Zelda a pro-active alter ego, and having Ganondorf swoop in after you do his dirty work.
Shit, Twilight Princess had more in common with aLttP than it did OoT. Dark Worlds, Link transforming into an animal, a "new villain" who was being possessed by Ganon/dorf, and shit, the Master Sword is even located in a sacred grove that requires you to get through the Lost Woods.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.