[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I only played KOTOR 1 and this guy was pretty much just the generic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: revan.jpg (69 KB, 464x536) Image search: [Google]
revan.jpg
69 KB, 464x536
I only played KOTOR 1 and this guy was pretty much just the generic MC self insert except with a cool design and plot twist associated with him.

Why are people so desperate to see him canon again? I swear I see him show up all the time in stupid fan theories.
>>
>>330763113
thats exactly why he's popular

people project their own characters being a badass when they see Revan, so they want more of him
>>
It's because of the legacy that kotot 2 gives him.
>>
>>330763327

What happened in KOTOR 2?
>>
>>330763327

This tbqh

KOTOR 2 is what makes Revan interesting and mysterious
>>
>>330763381
Play it with TSLRM and find out
>>
Did anyone on /v/ actually play TOR? What was the story like?
>>
>>330763113
>Him
>>
>>330763848
which one? theres like 12
>>
>>330763834

>playing unfinished Obsidianshit

Nah, people need to stop sucking Avellone's cock tbqh
>>
>>330763848
This and the TOR book about Revan that came out right before the game's release is what completely killed his character. Should've left him alone after 2
>>
File: anime_bolo.webm (3 MB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
anime_bolo.webm
3 MB, 800x430
>>330763973
Star wars with PTSD, Space Nanking, and aspects of the nameless one + Not-Ravel is literally the best thing to happen to the franchise since Empire.

Sarah Kestelman is one of the top 10 VA to ever play a role in an RPG.

You will now process to out-pretentious everything I just said with some stupid no-true-scottsman fallacy, while calling everyone names such as "cuck" and "pretentious."

Fuck MGS2, Kotor 2 is the real Evangelion of vidya. Fans are mildly pretentious, hatebase is even more pretentious, production had problems, and is still being debated to this day.
>>
>>330763928
Revan canon Male, Exile canon female.
>>
>>330763848
TOR has like a story per class.
>>
Fucking Obsidian's games

Pirate kotor 2 doesn't in W7
>>
>>330763113
>revan.
but that kylo ren.
>>
>>330764550
I hate old anime so fucking much
>>
File: King.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
King.webm
2 MB, 480x360
>>330764837
Cry more faggot N'Wah
>>
>>330763848
The stories range greatly depending on what you enjoy.

All of the stories are ultimately okay with a LS Sith Warrior and an Agent being the 2 known for being good.

The Trooper, Consular, Scoundrel, and Bounty Hunter are very "it depends completely on what you are interested in" so they are pretty divided opinions
>>
>>330764550
It is still being discussed because linkin park teenagers can not stop fapping over Darth Ayn Rand not because it was good.
Mechanicaly it was even worse, weapon finesse: lightsaber as optional feat and you bash enemies with STR, top fucking kek
>>
>>330763113
>cool design
subjecitve.
>cool plot twist
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>330764934
a cat would not be able to approach anything even conservatively sprinkled with pepper, much less carry it.
>>
>>330765553
Oh come on now. Just because you didnt like doesnt me that it was an "objectively" bad plot twist.

Considering the legions of people who loved the twist proves you wrong after all
>>
>>330763113
one reason could be that kotor 2 MC was so much worse than him
>>
Bastila is mai waifu
>>
>>330766230
you can play revan as light side school boy or dark side baby eater. you can play the exile in many more nuanced ways

so what makes the exile worse?
>>
>>330768195
yeah, you don't have to play revan as either a baby eater or school boy, but since you've already made up your mind there's no point to this discussion.
>>
>>330768195
>you can play the exile in many more nuanced ways
>good guy greg and bad boy bill

Yeah, really so many different options you got there.
>>
>>330770303
You forgot Neutral Nate. Ends every conversation with "I dont care what you do"

That is a whole 3 play styles. Big changes right there.
>>
>>330764585
>Exile canon female.

They try so hard....
>>
>>330772338
Better than Space Jesus, the memest portrait in KotOR 2
>>
>>330772338
Its a shame it wasnt the other way around
>>
>>330764585
Thanks lucasarts
>>
File: 1457369032943.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
1457369032943.png
40 KB, 152x254
>Malachor gonna be a plot centric location in Rebels
>Same showrunners as Clone Wars who intended to put Revan in as a cameo and even made assets for him before the show got dumped.
Where were you when KOTOR got recanonized?
>>
People want Revan back in the canon because he ended up being a far more nuanced character than whatever else we were getting at the time. He's a jedi that fell, but seemingly fell on purpose, to stave off a greater threat. While powerful, his schtick wasn't being the greatest force user or lightsaber combatant. He was a strategist first and foremost, and we don't really have that in any of the movies.

Of course, TOR and the tie-in book fucked that all up.
>>
File: Xarga.jpg (230 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
Xarga.jpg
230 KB, 640x800
>>330773360
>Mandalorians aren't dead and continue to fight
Where were you when the MANDALORIANS RISE AGAIN!
>>
>>330773360
That still would not have made KotOR canon
>>
>>330764190
I think the book, even though it was poorly written, just humanized him more removing that legend status.
>>
How do the Mandalorians rise again if there's no females to make more Mandalorians?
>>
>>330768415
I've played through a good dozen times, each time in a different way, neutral, myself, pragmatist but there really isn't much room to move story wise so you either become Jesus or Damian.
>>
>>330773360
The thing is if you make Kotor canon you have to make the other pre-Kotor events Legends too since they talk about it all through both games, and that would contradict the new timeline they created.

I'm sure Revan and HK-47 will appear in the canon again to cash in, but it wont be Kotor.
>>
In Kotor 1 they establish that Revan's personality completely changed when they reconstructed his mind.

Some residue from Kotor 1 (like how Revan flirts with Bastila), alongside the way people talked about Revan in Kotor 2 (like when Kreia talked about Revan) put forward traces of what his personality was like before his forced amnesia, hinting towards a character who's details are complete enough to tease toward a distinct personality but incomplete enough for people to imagine and fill in the gaps for themselves.

If Obisidan was allowed to make Kotor 3, Revan would have been an NPC and the hints of personality from 1 and 2 would have been fully developed.
>>
Revan is catalytic to the events of his time; the turn during the Mandalorian War, the Civil War and the Jedi Purge. It's a fun period in Star Wars history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D883YDu-PzU
>>
Revan WAS power.

He was like staring into the heart of the force.
>>
>>330763113
>Why are people so desperate to see him canon again?

I think its more because the overarching story of Kotor 1/2 as well as the 'old republic' setting were baller and fun to play in.

Certainly better than the prequels by any measure. Having them completely de-legitimized, then the better parts of them cannabalized for current stuff (Mandalorians in the cartoons / Revan aesthetic on Kylo) is just rubbing salt in the wound.
>>
>>330775458
He seems a lot more chill by the time of 2, and even sounds better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzAkL4147M0

They will never make a game to satisfy my Mandaboo ways, being Jango or Boba isn't enough I want to make my own Mandalorian with my own armor and weapon loadout.
>>
>>330763113
He's really great in Kotor 2.
>>
File: 1390197720821.png (434 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1390197720821.png
434 KB, 571x540
Can someone explain the Sith to me

>The Sith were once a race
>Modern Sith supposedly have trace amounts of Sith blood in them
>But... its also just a philosophy
>Reven led a Jedi Civil War and created a fake Sith Empire based on Sith philosophies
>But the true Sith empire still lurked in deep space

I dont get it
>>
>>330776138

Kreia speaks of the "false sith" which is just regular people strong with the force who adopted the sith philosophy then there are the "true sith" that she speaks of but she is very vague about what she means.

Don't pay attention to TOR it's not canon.
>>
>>330776138
The red devil people is from TOR, the spooky mystery horror is from Kotor 2.
>>
>>330776138
The Sith were a species, but there was also the Sith culture.
In the eyes of the Dark Lords of the Sith culture and not Biology was what mattered.

When the Sith Empire was defeated the spirits of the Dark Lords passed the mantle of Dark Lords of the Sith to powerful fallen Jedi like Freedon Nadd, Exar Kunn and Revan.

The Sith that lurked deep in space were the biological survivors who's ruler claimed to be the rightful Dark Lord of the Sith.
But in the eyes of the Dark Lords he's just a pretender and doesn't get what their culture is about, hence they tried to assasinate him through possessing others.

While Revan was meant to be an agent of the Sith Emperor, in the eyes of the Sith spirits he was the true Dark Lord.
>>
Whats a unique, interesting build for KotOR 2? I've done most of Jedi builds, and dual blasters. I've heard a melee weapon(non-lightsaber) build is strong, and I wanted to try something like a blaster rifle build or the Jedi gunman build.
>>
>>330763113
It's KOTOR 2 which turned Revan into the all-powerful character we all know and love. In KOTOR Revan is literally just an empty vessel for the player who happened to lead the enemy faction prior to the game.
>>
>>330776138
>The Sith were once a race
The Sith were once a specie that were conquered by Dark Jedi exiles following the Hundred-Years Darkness. The Lords of the Sith were the force-sensitive aristocrats who ruled over the Sith people. The descendants of the Dark Jedi, the Sith Lords intermingled with their slaves, so eventually they were considered both part of the Sith as a people. The Dark Side philosophy the Sith Lords upheld eventually became deeply associated with the Dark Side in general, and after the the Republic systematically exterminated the Sith as a people, to be Sith meant to be part of their age-old Dark Side tradition. The Mandalorians also had their own base specie, the Taung, but over time to be a Mandalorian meant to uphold the culture and philosophy (and armor) of Mandalore. Same happened with the Sith.

>Modern Sith supposedly have trace amounts of Sith blood in them
They don't.

>I dont get it
It's because Bioware can't write for shit.

>>330776698
This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

>In the eyes of the Dark Lords of the Sith culture and not Biology was what mattered.
Naga Sadow bragged about not having "slave blood" who was only a descendant of the Dark Jedi exiles, unlike Ludo Kressh, to appeal to the other Sith Lords so that he would be declared the Dark Lord.

The Dark Lord was a title reserved for a single individual meaning the supreme leader of all of the Sith. Bioware conveniently forgot this when they made the "Emperor" 's council, a council of "Dark Lords" over just "Lords", like under the Golden Age.

Freedon Nadd was never the Dark Lord. He becomes kind of Onderon for that reason.
>>
>>330776830
Currently playing a single-blaster light-neutral ex-Jedi. Meaning no lightsabers and no anti or pro Jedi responses. Also Force powers are only buffs, no offensive stuff (explaining to myself as a manifestation of the Exile's natural leadership ability).
>>
>>330763381
KotOR 2 gives meaning to his actions during the war and provides an actually compelling argument that what he did was for the best in his mind while he fucked around with Malak.
It also gives an actual reason why so many of the Republic's forces would abandon their beliefs and side with Revan. It really builds on a lot of his character and I'm sure I'm missing some things.
>>
>>330777615
Currently running a "wish I was Mandalorian" build
One Heavy Mandalorian Blaster (Mandalorian Chamber)
One Mandalorian Blaster (Mandalorian Chamber)
Mandalorian Heavy Suit
No Force powers, not even buffs
Fight first ask no questions later

Basically I reason it like this "I wish I could be Mandalorian"
>>
>>330765801

>Cat
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.