[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone here who supposedly hates Undertale actually play it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: Undertale-Title-Page-1024x576.jpg (12 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Undertale-Title-Page-1024x576.jpg
12 KB, 1024x576
Did anyone here who supposedly hates Undertale actually play it?
>>
File: 1456920656965.png (76 KB, 233x208) Image search: [Google]
1456920656965.png
76 KB, 233x208
>>330758238
>playing indie shit
>>
It's only one dude with several proxies, just ignore him
>>
Not me.
>>
>i need validation from /v/

When will these threads fucking stop
>>
File: FB_IMG_14575301996960151.jpg (55 KB, 320x197) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_14575301996960151.jpg
55 KB, 320x197
I played it
Meh not bad
Then I took a dose of the community realized how autistic the comnunity And the game is
Anyway none can compete with fnaf in autism
>>
>>330758238
I watched an LP and its soo shit

it's indieshit so im not going to fork over my shekels for it
>>
>>330758450
>I don't support cancer
>buys The Division
Congrats you are a massive faggot
>>
File: 1437055636671-0.jpg (390 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1437055636671-0.jpg
390 KB, 1500x1500
>>330758450
You could maybe try playing it before saying it's shit.
>>
>>330758238
i played it for like 40mins before stopping because i was bored as fuck
>>
File: spacefuneral.png (4 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
spacefuneral.png
4 KB, 600x315
>>330758670
>not playing good indie games instead
>>
>>330758238
>Did anyone here who supposedly hates shit actually taste it?
>>
>>330758741
>ADHD
I'm sorry
>>
File: 1447702882300.jpg (697 KB, 1175x1064) Image search: [Google]
1447702882300.jpg
697 KB, 1175x1064
I disliked it at first on the sole basis that toby tweeted dumb shit and that it won the gameFAQs poll

then I actually played it and now I love this game and I'm glad I ignored all the shitposting or else I might've gotten jaded like some people here
>>
Why can't Underfags function unless everyone loves their fucking game?
>>
>>330760575
>eating food
>not getting nourishment from love instead
>>
>>330760575
That's the thing, though. Everybody who plays Undertale and gives it a fair chance loves it. Since it released, I have yet to find a single person who played through the game and didn't enjoy it in some way, be it because of the unique gameplay, the amazing writing, or the awesome soundtrack. That's the first time I've seen that happen for any video game.

The only hate it gets is from shitposters who are only bashing the game to piss off the fan base, and they freely admit to that.
>>
File: radmad.jpg (18 KB, 267x395) Image search: [Google]
radmad.jpg
18 KB, 267x395
>>330758238
I knew people who decided they hated it vehemently, then bought it and played it purely to keep saying they hated it after.

Watched a friend skipping all text on stream he was so salty he just wanted to prove a point. Me and two others laughed about it all. He was really just that assmad.
>>
>>330760845
>Everybody who plays Undertale and gives it a fair chance loves it.
I didn't.
> I have yet to find a single person who played through the game and didn't enjoy it in some way
Me.
>awesome soundtrack
I don't count that. I don't say I love the game just because music. Some of my favorite games have soundtracks I hate, but it doesn't matter much to me.

It's posts like this that make me think Underfags are delusional as fuck.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (29 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
29 KB, 200x200
>>330760575
It's the first game underfags have played that breaks the 4th wall. This gives underfags the impression that the game loves them.

They are defending their loved one.
>>
>>330761009
You already sold your soul, fuck off to reddit
>>
>>330761048
Bubsy broke the 4th wall first, I don't love that game
>>
>>330761054
The fuck? Not loving Undertale means you're Reddit? /v/ really has sunk
>>
>>330761054
>disliking Under Story
>fuck off to reddit

Not even the same anon, but wew lad
>>
>>330761009
I doubt you actually gave it a fair chance. You likely entered the game with the mindset that your were determined to not like it no matter what.
>>
>playing something you hate
That's stupid
>>
>>330761321
No, I really did give the game a fair shake, you delusional, autistic Underfag. Don't say that I don't like it "cuz it's popular" because hype never affects me. You guys are the worst and most delusional fanbase since, I don't even goddamned remember.
>>
this game is a fucking shit made by a furry
>>
>>330758238
Spent a good amount of time getting the true pacifist ending, didn't play through genocide and have no desire to

The "combat" system was fun, and I liked the idea of past actions in different saves affecting new playthroughs. Thought the story and characters were all pretty flat or pointless. The game beats you over the head pretty hard with the whole "no killing" thing, which I kind of hate. Apparently there's loads of stuff to love about the genocide route but I just don't like it enough to go back and play, plus I find it aggravating that I'd have to go back and play something in a way that doesn't appeal to me just to get the "real" experience/story

Fans treating it like literally the best game ever made didn't help, that set my expectations way too high.
>>
File: 312132132.jpg (23 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
312132132.jpg
23 KB, 385x385
>>330758296
>being a casual
I feel sorry for you
>>
>>330758238
Why I would play something I don't like? At best I heard it's music, which I admit is good, but fuck the game.
>>
>>330761321
just fucking listen to yourself, jesus
>>
>>330761726
How do you know you don't like it if you haven't played it?
>>
How could you hate Undertale? How could you feel any kind of intense or passionate emotion from Undertale? It's just so bland. It's like saying you hate blank paper, or water, or unbuttered white bread.
>>
>>330758238
yeah me
>>
>>330761556
Genocide is boring. Flowey disables most of the non-papyrus puzzles and there's only 2 1/2 new bosses. Plus the game calls you a dick if you beat it.

It's only worth it for the Turtle telling you he's intentionally wasting your time.
>>
>>330761321
>You likely entered the game with the mindset that your were determined to not like it no matter what.
Yeah that's why. It's not like he formed his opinion on his own, that's impossible.
Personally I thought it was ok. Not worth all of the praise. The art style was inconsistent and I didn't care for the characters. Also I can honestly say it never made me cry which is weird.
>>
>>330761009
>Everybody who plays Undertale and gives it a fair chance loves it.
i didn't
>I have yet to find a single person who played through the game and didn't enjoy it in some way, be it because of the unique gameplay
>unique
>heavily simplified JRPG to the point where it can't even be considered a RPG
>with shmup mechanics tacked on
>the awesome soundtrack
subjective

and don't give me that "hurr u dunt like it because poplar" shit because i played it when it launched and heard about it through word of mouth
>>
>>330760845
You are so fucking delusional. I went in, expected to like it, but was entirely turned off by really simple "puzzles" where you spend more time inputting them than coming up with the solution, which is made extra annoying by really fucking repetitive random encounters that were far inferior in every way to most SMT random encounters.
I actually quite like a lot of the ideas that went into the game, the theme of determination particularly, and trying to liven up jrpg combat by combining it with danmaku, but in my experience everything but the bossfights was extremely tedious and uninteresting. The ideas were there, but the execution wasn't on point at all.
I don't hate it, it's pretty short and nobody forced me to play it, but I do think it's on the whole a pretty badly designed video game that people herald as amazing mostly because of "muh feels".
Maybe if I'd liked the characters I could have forgiven the lack of decent game design, but the writing of some individuals in particular reminded me of Homestuck a little too much, which caused me to cringe uncontrollably.
>>
>>330760954
Some people just can't be wrong. If they are, their little world shatters.
>>
>>330762018
>and don't give me that "hurr u dunt like it because poplar" shit because i played it when it launched and heard about it through word of mouth

You have no proof you back that up. You lie.
>>
>>330762018
also just noticed i didnt reply to the right person

whoops
>>
>>330762002
Well that's good to know. I was under the impression most of the reason people loved it so much was because of that route, even had people try to tell me I had to play it because THEN I'd finally like it. Frustrating
>>
>>330760845
I liked it for a while but once you get to hother land it goes to shit and only gets worse from there. I'm actually convinced that Toby made the pacifist ending cringey and awful on purpose just so you would want to do a genocide run after
>>
>>330762274

And you have no proof of the opposite, you fucking retard.

Why are you trying so badly to be part of the game's cancerous fanbase? I fucking loved the game, but it's mouthbreathers like you that make me wish I didn't. Accept that there are people with different taste and fuck off back to your general.
>>
>>330762780
>I'm actually convinced that Toby made the pacifist ending cringey and awful on purpose just so you would want to do a genocide run after
I got the same feeling.
>>
>>330762780

> I'm actually convinced that Toby made the pacifist ending cringey and awful on purpose just so you would want to do a genocide run after

That's true.

He also wanted to parody anime final battles with that.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.