[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody find something to be off with this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
Does anybody find something to be off with this game?
>>
Nope. Just you.
10/10 game.
>>
>>330754357
it was pretty damn great
>>
File: clearly dismayed gengar.png (48 KB, 96x197) Image search: [Google]
clearly dismayed gengar.png
48 KB, 96x197
the nostalgia goggles were real for pmd red rescue team

nothing can emulate that beep boop pixely goodness

this game wasnt terrible, just not as memorable
>>
File: fit-feels.jpg (38 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
fit-feels.jpg
38 KB, 640x640
I don't know what it is. Maybe the weird ass school thing or your partner being a do of us but I was a little disappointed
>>
im still going around trying to find out if it's still in stores or not. IS IT?!
>>
It's definitely different than the past ones. Not a fan of a lot of structural changes and I'd honestly say the story was outright bad.
>>
I wanted to play the series for a while now.
As far as I understood the first one, Rescue Team Blue/Red are the same just on GBA/DS and later remade into Explorers of the Sky.
Can I start with that one?
>>
>>330754861
I binged Sky, pretty great story. Alot of stuff to do after finishing the main story. And the side stories are worthwhile too.
>>
It's really good IMO
I just don't like the way they throw dozens of overlevelled pokes at your face all the time
>>
>>330754861
Blue/Red Rescue Team are their own game, Sky is a Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum esque rerelease of Explorers of Time/Darkness. No reason to play T/D when you have Sky.

Play Blue, Sky, and Super. Gates if you really want more after all that.
>>
>>330754861
No there is Red/Blue which are the first game. Red is GBA version, Blue is DS.

Then there is Darkness/Time for DS which got a remake which is Sky.

Then there is Gates for 3DS.

Then Super.

Most people will say play Blue then Sky.
I'd say you could skip Blue personally.
After Sky if you really REALLY like the series pick up Gates for an okay time,
Then play Super.
>>
>>330754975
Use your fucking items
>>
>>330754357
Multi-strike moves are way too strong.
>>
>>330755040
sorry I wasn't clear. I meant they throw them in your team.
even if they're not always available, there's enough of them to make the game too easy
>>
>>330755005
Rescue Team has the best postgame of any in the series, so no, it isn't skippable. Also, friend areas are ridiculously comfy, as is the freelance setup.
>>
File: 1442993975827.png (160 KB, 641x201) Image search: [Google]
1442993975827.png
160 KB, 641x201
I'm playing through this game at the moment. I've only played a handful of hours of Red Rescue Team on GBA before this, and I'm just curious, because I often hear that the stories are a selling point for a lot of people, but what is the appeal in the stories, and are they generally the same kinds of feelings between narratives?
Right now, I'm enjoying SMD's story a lot on some parts, less than others. What I'm enjoying the most is how innocent and cute it is, almost like EarthBound in some cases. There's something about it that really stands out and just feels like a story you don't see often, like when your partner has to stay home and clean the house all day after you two left the house at night, it's pretty cool! I'm just wondering if those aspects of the story are the appeal for the rest of the PMD stories. I plan to pick up Explorers of Sky after I beat this and Red.
>>
>>330755147
Nah if you use them they disappear for a few days so you can't abuse it.
>>
File: 1417353126732.png (38 KB, 162x132) Image search: [Google]
1417353126732.png
38 KB, 162x132
>>330755040
yeah it was unnerving as shit fighting a salamance that 1KOs every attack

then i remember the game gives me like 20 stun wand/orbs and i gotta blow them all on him

never seen a game rely on items THAT much
>>
Maybe because you can't just recruit Pokemon by fighting them?
>>
>>330755147
This. The level 50 Salamence completely ruined for me.
Better, I fucking hate the recruit system. The old one was shit because it was luck based etc., but still, you could have improved it somehow. This one is complete SHIT. You can't even have the same Pokémon twice/thrice in the same team. I just fucking hate it.
>>
Was this the best soundtrack of 2015?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usuKnzJLoHU
>>
>>330755339
Every time someone posts a link to a song from this game I look to see if it is fire Island volcano, and it always is.
Why is it so fucking good?
>>
>>330755339
would sound better with chiptune elements :^)
>>
>>330755005
I'm >>330754979, I agree with maybe play Gates after Sky if you REALLY like the series, but I say definitely play Blue first.

Really Super should be played last because it's full of tiny little callbacks that aren't important but will make you appreciate the game more.

There's also the Adventure Squad/Boukendan games on Wii but they're kinda shitty anyways and Japan-only with a really weird version split. I don't see why anyone should play them unless they really want to play as a Teddiursa or Azurill as their MC or something.

>>330755224
I think they all have this storybook kind of a feel to their stories, there's definitely a sort of innocence to them. They're charming in that way to me.
>>
>>330755315
To be honest Gates had the best recruitment system.
Was natural recruitment, but you could craft gifts to instantly win over Pokemon.
there was still the bullshit of getting them to spawn though.

I still overall immensely liked SMD's system better. Gave you a better sense of direction and an actual method of 100%ing the game.
>>
>>330755315
it doesn't feel rewarding and the recruiting sequence is way too long
>oh shit, those pokemons want to have a talk
>>
I really don't like how recruiting works and how you're forced to switch around your teams. I like to use different Pokémon, but I also want to have the option to roll with the same guys in consecutive dungeon runs. I appreciate that they wanted to try some new things, but personally I just don't like the changes they've made. I also miss the comfy friend areas and the ability to name recruited Pokémon.
>>
>>330755224
The feelings are generally the same, with similar plot devices, but the games are definitely wholly different in story. As far as I can tell from clearing the entirety of RRT, EoT, the side games in EoS, and the introduction of SMD, at least. I just can't seem to get into it as much. The 3D models aren't as aesthetic as the pixelated ones, the gameplay mechanics and tendencies are inferior, especially the recruiting system and forcing of items into the gameplay. Don't feel like a worldbeater anymore, so much as being babied along.
>>
>>330755571
>I also miss the ability to name recruited Pokémon.

Holy fuck this. While I liked the story characters joining you in Gates for example, it bugged me you couldn't nickname them, especially after the partner specifically asks you for a nickname and solving the awkwardness of them being the only one to have a name other than their species in the Pokemon world.

Then Super doesn't let you nickname fucking anyone.
>>
I've only played blue, but that was 2D obviously. I've seen the trailers and some gameplay for both Gates and Super but like... I don't know, the 3D environment, I suppose would be best to describe it, just makes me feel weird. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but does it feel weird transitioning from 2D to 3D? Also, if I do get them, which should I get first, Gates or Super?
>>
>>330755803
Super
Gates is really not that amazing of a game
>>
File: Hecks.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Hecks.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>330755827
>"Its not a monster house I swear!"
>Its a monster house
>>
>>330756015
Fair enough. Guess I'll get that next payday.
>>
>>330755717
I like that you actually have to fucking use items and make use of all of your tools instead of being able to just punch everything to death like you could in the maingame and a decent amount of postgame in RT and Explorers. It's not too far into the game that any encounter can possibly be a disaster if you don't approach it right.

There are several issues I do have with the mechanic changes in Super though.

>>330755803
Gates is mediocre at best, but if you ever plan to play it I'd do it before Super because most of the mechanics it does right anyways are carried over to Super.
>>
Connection orb was shit.

Pretty visuals and interesting gameplay, but overall the game substance feels weak. Story is crap, characters are crap, main town is crap, no random board missions. Like I said, connection orb is really fucking bad.
>>
>>330756204
I guess it makes the gameplay more nuanced, but I'd rather see it done through terrain, floor layouts, and other stuff like that.
>>330756070
I now have a reason to pick the game up again. That's actually pretty great.
>>
>>330756287
The orb would've been good as an additional feature, but the loss of regular recruiting and random board put a damper on the game.

Also the "CONNECTED" and "GOOD JOB" blurbs needed to fucking go. The "doo-loo-loo-loo-loo, looo" when you exit a dungeon is congratulations enough.
>>
The babyfied music.
Has none of the harsh severity like the DS games.
>>
>>330754357
The tone is all over the place

But thats just Mystery Dungeon games all over
>>
I'm not fond of it shoving you through the story with no say in the matter.
I'd much prefer to go at my own pace and play forever without ever actually getting to the story.
>>
The gameplay is fantastic but the story is complete ass so far.
Once the Partner character literally said they didn't want to go to dungeon today because they were scared of the ghost was the point at which my interest in the story completely broke. Now I just hammer through the cutscenes while barely paying attention so I can get back to the dungeons.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.