[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game was underrated as fuck. I loved it. The campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: halo-odst-oxcgn-97.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
halo-odst-oxcgn-97.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
This game was underrated as fuck.

I loved it.

The campaign was moody and dark, and the city felt so surreal and mysterious. RIP Bungie.
>>
Underrated? how?
>>
File: moodmusic_0.jpg (48 KB, 475x500) Image search: [Google]
moodmusic_0.jpg
48 KB, 475x500
>>330752640
comfiest soundtrack of any videogame
>>
>>330752698
Not op, but in general considered one of the shitiest halos, before 4.

I liked it
>>
>>330752698
Literally nobody gave a shit about it aside from the multiplayer additions.
>>
>>330752835
>>330752857
probably because it was $60 for a 5-6hour campaign and multiplayer you already have
>>
ODST was better than Halo 3, 4 and 5.
>>
>>330752640

It wasn't underrated, it was a love letter from Bungie to the original batch of Halo fanboys who read the books and everything. It was received by the intended audience as well as possible.
>>
>>330752880
So, every AAA game sequel since modern warfare came out?
>>
>>330752698
this board's contingent of Halo fans are the only ones who give two shits about the game

it's as forgotten as Halo Wars with the general fandom
>>
>>330752976
OP here. Perhaps I didn't spend much time amongst the intended audience.
>>
>>330752976
that's Reach

or at least, that's what it was supposed to be
>>
>>330753051

Bungie was one of those few respectable devs, they took their time with every release and they connected on a massive scale with their playerbase via halo.bungie.net.

We told them we wanted a character driven narrative from a different perspective for years, and unlike any other dev they cared about their fan base and listened, and the result was maybe the best campaign ever in a first person shooter. The MP wasn't bad, either.

It's such a shame that Microsoft tried to screw them over and Destiny is uninspired, Bungie are the pinnacle of game devs in terms of respectability and purity of action.
>>
>>330753160
>Microsoft tried to screw them over

Microsoft didn't try to screw them voer at all, Bungie said they are tired of making nothing but Halo games and they have other ideas and they want another publisher to fund them.

>Bungie are the pinnacle of game devs in terms of respectability and purity of action.

Were
>>
>>330753530

Microsoft tried to pull an EA and absorb Bungie into Microsoft Games, that was the primary reason for Bungie, a developer with a notoriously anti-corporate culture breaking away, with Microsoft's attempts to turn Halo into a serial shitfest being the icing on the cake.
>>
>>330752698
because halo fans on /v/ are halo 3 babies now who shit on anything that came after it.
>>
I've heard that this is actually a pretty good game with the themes borrowed or inspired Dante's Inferno.
>>
>>330752698
Casual retards hated it because you didn't play as master chief
>>
>>330754761
>with the themes borrowed or inspired Dante's Inferno.

This is true

http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/nine-levels-underground/
>>
I also loved it, but I couldn't stop thinking how much better it would be on the PC. this is not one of those, "muh resolution/fps" things. the interface, the mapping system, the way this halo separated itself from the previous titles by adding the stealth features. this game needs to be on the PC more than Halo 3 does.
>>
Something I really liked about ODST is how the crouch walking animation had a slight sway to it, wish it was kept in reach/4/5
>>
>>330753612
can I see a source for this claim
>>
>>330753612
Then they went to Activision, got fucked, and became a shell of their former self

I hope that short period of freedom in between MS and Activision was worth it for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 450x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 450x387
I remember when I initially bought ODST, it was such a fun game. The OST was also very well done by Marty.

Favorite mission was blowing up the ONI building because after that "Bits and Pieces" would play.

>Pic related mfw first hearing it
>>
>>330752640
I loved it too OP, I loved it too...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.