[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Fox Zero Will Include An Invincible Mode For Inexperienced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: whathappenedtoyou.jpg (59 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
whathappenedtoyou.jpg
59 KB, 650x650
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/03/star_fox_zero_will_include_an_invincible_mode_for_inexperienced_players

So, umm... did you guys already speak about this? Maybe they saw how that baby beat SFV's Arcade Mode and thought they need something of similar caliber or else Capcom takes their demographic away.
>>
>>330748747
So God mode? I don't get it, it's not like they invented God mode.
>>
Neo Nintendo isn't for babies they said...
>>
>But at the same time, we're also preparing modes for Star Fox fans looking for an even harder challenge, such as a ship that does more damage, but which also takes more damage.

Nothing to see here folks, everything is fine.
>>
>THis
>being bad at all
Topcuck Sonydrones. This only means they can get away with their intended difficulty instead of changing the game to please casuals. This means they can actually balance the game for experienced players.

Want it easier? Well, here you have a god mode, now fuck off. I hope you enjoy the "deep plot". No seriously, fuck off.
>>
>Game has essentially cheatcodes
>baby faggots in /v/ outraged
This is like 30 years old
>>
>mfw people find shmups hard
Is it a meme? Or something else?
>>
>>330748747
>Soon they'll have a "play itself" mode for the players who are too lazy to play.
>>
>>330749520
thats what lets play and twitch is for
>>
>>330749189

I don't play many shmups so I'm not good at them but clearly you haven't seen people who are bad at video games play video games. Hang around a console kiosk at Walmart's electronics section for like an hour and watch people play. You learn things.
>>
>>330749105
You really need to get that sand out of your vagina
>>
File: 1457648010922.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
1457648010922.png
461 KB, 870x722
>not mentioning the glass cannon mode
Are you really that desperate for (You)s and shitposting?
>>
>>330749520
Golden Kong in DKCR.
>>
>>330749747
That sounds like a creepy thing to do tho
>>
really eager to try out that glass cannon difficulty though
I always thought I was the shit at SF64 when I was younger
>>
>>330748747
Well, it's optional i don't know why would anybody get mad.
>>
>>330750573
not that OP but go to FUCKING GAMESTOP and see children playing racing games on the demo console in front of the store and you'll notice they can't even steer for shit
>>
>difficulty settings for all levels of players

That's nice, pretty standard for Platinum.
Bayonetta had an easy automatic setting and you could get away with playing 1 handed just mashing attack buttons never touching the stick for movement.
>>
>>330750735
That's why we don't let children drive. Children should be reminded of the fact that they fail and suck so they make a conscious effort to practice so they stop sucking.

Or at least that's what they did before a kid could be as fat, slow and stupid as possible and not only does he get a participation award for not having anencephaly, but other kids get punished for bullying him because the exhaustion caused him to shit himself.
>>
>>330750573

It kind of is but it gets the point across. I'm pretty sure people on /v/ don't know what it actually means to suck shit at vidya, and for accessibility's sake developers would be some kind of wise to design their games with this in mind unless you're aiming for a more experienced niche. Unfortunately, based on Miyamoto's words he's doing just that so I wonder why he's bothering but whatever.
>>
Well Fire Emblem conquest has Pheonix mode and Lunatic mode and they don't harm each other.
While Fire Emblem 8 had Easy mode and Hard mode and the easy mode definetely ruined the hard mode of that game.
>>
>spend all this time implementing casual modes and crappy not-really-co-op co-op
>instead of a functional multiplayer battle mode

Fuck you Nintendo. I need my space dogfighting fix.
>>
>>330748747
>umm...
what are you, a retarded twitter user?
>>
File: 24824824786.jpg (60 KB, 495x507) Image search: [Google]
24824824786.jpg
60 KB, 495x507
>>330748747
As if "Kind Code" in Skyward Sword wasn't embarrassing enough they had to go and do this. If Miymoto was in charge of Dark Souls he'd probably add a mode with no enemies.
>>
>when your game design is so bad that you have to include an invincibility mode

Haven't come anywhere CLOSE to needing that shit since the NES days, and certainly not on games that Nintendo themselves made.

Someone just off this fuck.
>>
Y'all niggas act like you didn't use gamesharks or ram hacks before
>>
>>330748747
why does it matter?...how long have games had invulnerability cheats?
>>
>>330748747
>People thinking this is bad.

People still don't get these Super Easy Modes so far have been a blessing in desguise. So fa it has allowed them to simply have a way to let casuals win without the need to dumb down difficulty for the rest.

Tropical Freeze has the help guide and the game has no handholding.
New Mario U had the helping Luigi which let us had hard as fuck levels by the end, same with 3D World.
Galaxy 2 had it too and the galaxies got tougher than galaxy 1.
Unless you're a faggot and you force to use a 100% optional thing you have no right to whine.
>>
>>330752495
This. Not only are optional, but the games who have used these methods had way less handholding and dumbed down difficulty.

Basically its a mode that lets casuals and babies not whine about "the game is too hard" without having to ruin the fun for everyone else.
>>
>>330752354

Some of the recent Mario and DK platformers have already had invincibility modes. At least in 3D Land/World's case you wear the shame of using one branded on your file, though.
>>
if this were a cheat code i bet no body would have given a single fuck
>>
>>330752405
>gameshark

90% of the people in this thread are clearly not even old enough to be here.
>>
>>330752606
Is there a way to know which stages did you clear with invincibility?
>>
Why should I care? I just won't use the mode. Simple. I don't give a shit how other people play the game so long as their play style doesn't adversely affect mine.
>>
>>330753056

I don't know offhand. Only reason I know it fucks with your file was because I accidentally touched the casual suit in 3D Land once. Fucked my shot at getting shiny stars because of that. I then cleared the game from scratch a second time for those goddamn shiny stars. Fucking psychological warfare, I tell you.
>>
>>330748747
It's basically a cheat code. As long as they treat it like one, and not try to offer it to me during gameplay just because I happened to somehow die a few times. If it's an option while in the difficulty select menu, I'm fine with it. As much as I feel like this mode is very unnecessary.
>>
>>330752354
>Haven't come anywhere CLOSE to needing that shit since the NES days

Thats where you're wrong. There are people who are interested enough to be talking about the games whining about seeing the Golden Tanooki Leaf in Super Mario 3D Land/World.

Even though you'd have to die so much that you would get a game over and have to start Super Mario Bros over again just to see it. The games are more lenient but they're still steeped in harsher NES mechanics, Mario still loses a powerup the instant he gets hit, dies in at most 3 hits or instantly if he falls in a pit which is something a lot of modern games aimed towards older audiences don't even do. The latest Assassin's Creed takes measures to prevent you even falling off a building accidentally.

Despite how many games are 3D I don't think most players are actually that good at traversing 3D environments in games, since many go out of their way to make sure positioning doesn't matter.
>>
>>330748747
>when babby beat X then Y needs new Z
Love this already
>>
Nice cherrypicking OP

>But at the same time, we’re also preparing modes for Star Fox fans looking for an even harder challenge, such as a ship that does more damage, but which also takes more damage.

>"Simply lowering the hurdle doesn’t necessarily mean that the challenge will be fun. What’s fun is you mastering the skill and having that sense of accomplishment—of achieving something that’s difficult.”
>>
damn, I was excited because I read "invisible mode for experienced players"

was really disappointed by the actual title
>>
>>330749128
this
people forgot that cheat codes existed since the dawn of gaming. getting mad that some 7 year old girl will invincible mode through the game should be a non issue.
>>
>>330748747
So people now are going to clinge on an optional mode to shit on this game.
>>
>>330748747

Where is the problem?

I will not play on God Mode the first 10 times i finish the game but maybe i will play after that just to see how high i can get the score

Also
>So uhm

>>/neogaf/
>>
>>330751356
>I'm pretty sure people on /v/ don't know what it actually means to suck shit at vidya

That'd require playing vidya in the first place.
>>
Will i have to use a cheat to unlock mp mode, too?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.