[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, what's the excuse this time ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: because pirates.png (140 KB, 713x422) Image search: [Google]
because pirates.png
140 KB, 713x422
so, what's the excuse this time ?
>>
excuse for what
>>
>>330741160
I'm not sure the Hitman team has used the "entitled" excuse yet so they might go for that. Greedy gamers just don't understand their vision for a product that literally lacks the "product" part that's meant to justify its pricetag.
>>
>>330741229
niglet.
>>
>Muh Piracy Boogeyman
Idiots will complain that piracy hurts the industry because everyone is looking for a scapegoat.
>>
>>330741262
This. People just want their old and outdated game rather than our new and better in every way game.
>>
>>330741160
Extremely poor marketing, as bad as the WiiU's launch. I bet alot of people don't even realise it was released, they just thought it is a paid demo or something.
>>
what am I looking at
>>
>>330741160

Excuse for what exactly? The game is episodic. Many people don't buy until the whole thing is out. Also:

>Hitman
>ever selling good
>>
People aren't ready for the innovation that is "buy the basic game platform and wait for more stuff later on".
>>
>>330741498
It is basically. Fuck AAA studios who use an episodic model. And it technically isn't released yet.
>>
>>330741507
BM has 1.3 million sales
Absolution has 2m
>>
>>330741160
The 15 euro package is not even 2 hours long that's the excuse, also TOP KEK at square to sponsor so many streamers so their game will sell more but than everyone saw how shit it was
>>
>>330741160
Poorly explained their episodic modelling so no one even knows its 'out'
Always online
Lack of content
No marketing
>>
>>330741160

they fucked it up, they deserve their lost sales and negative reviews.

My brother right. His a huge Hitman fan. When he played Absolution and saw how shit it was, he was so disappointed. But then when this Hitman "will be like Blood Money" was annouced, he got excited and fell for the trap. When he started seeing delays and "it'll be episodic release" his heart knew that it would be shit, but he bought it anyway.

He played it for around 2 hours then got a refund.
>>
The game isn't finished

The beta was terrible
>>
File: 1388426375330.gif (151 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
1388426375330.gif
151 KB, 500x327
>>330741160
>always on-lifeline

Yeah no, i like my games not dead whenever they decide to pull the plug.
>>
>>330741160
is anyone else laughing about this? fucking funny incompetence and wasted money
>>
>>330742080
Why would I laugh at the misfortune and failure of a series I love

You're retarded
>>
>Release 2 mini levels and 1 real level
>Only job is to make sure that these are the best levels with the highest quality to get people to buy the game

They cant even do that right
>>
>>330741160

First it was a full game, then it was episodic, then it was a "platform". I am still lost and confused. Why they felt the need to make this shit complicated? I dont know but it was a mistake.
>>
>>330742151
even funnier now
>>
>>330742389
Like I said, you're retarded
>>
File: 1375477520604.jpg (52 KB, 376x419) Image search: [Google]
1375477520604.jpg
52 KB, 376x419
Its almost as if people would rather play a full game instead of table scraps. Who knew?!
>>
>>330742365
It's because Square's executives don't even know it themselves. They're clearly not sure whether they want it to be an episodic game or whether they want this to just be "season one" and the game will go on for years as a continued platform instead of churning out sequels.

Which route they take probably depends on the sales numbers in the early months. That's probably why they delayed the Italy and Morocco content, to make the episodic period long enough to judge whether it's worth continuing.
>>
>absolutelyterriblelution was such a watered down shitwank of a game, but its stupid enough of a game to sell millions.

>making a good game finally is such a high risk now that they have to cut it up in portions, to have the ability to kill it at the first sign of interest drop.

>always online - so you cant have the game when it goes under.

This is ridiculous.
>>
>>330741160
I don't really care how games sell if I have fun playing it. Even though it might mean no more future content.
>>
>>330742414
i'm retarded because you don't have a reason to laugh about it or? talk to me about these posts of yours.. pretty confused.. maybe reread or something
>>
>>330742689
I wouldn't expect you to understand since you are so stupid.
>>
>>330742768
guess that last thing was too much to expect. sry to ruin your day. still looking for others who are laughing about it though
>>
>>330742875
You didnt ruin anything, but you did amuse me with how stupid you are. Now go away idiot.
>>
>>330742975
looks like i can add weird/dumb/lonely last word obsessed hitman fans to the list of funny things alongside incompetence and wasted money
>>
>>330741160
I don't think there's "excuses" to be made here. Whoever was managing this product on a high level shit the bed. They hyped up the game as if it were complete, even sold preorders for the full game which won't be finished till 2017. It's as if SE wanted this project to fail.
>>
>>330741675
Absolution really sold that well?
I'm not into the /v/ hivemind that thought it was shit, but it wasn't *that* good.
>>
Man, Squeenix dropped the ball HARD
>Hyped up their western games to no end, people were watering at the mouth for those games.
>Just Cause 3 was an absolute mess and as a game it was worse than JC2
>RotTR was more of the same garbage of the reboot, and STILL no wise-cracking dual pistol Lara in sight
>Hitman was a mediocre paid demo flop, not as bad as Ground Zeroes, but fuck, it's trying
>Deus Ex will probably suck too
What a fucking shame.
>>
>>330742365
This. They pushed it back and radically changed their release model twice. Now people are either unaware it's out or wary as fuck. I've had four people message me while playing asking how it actually is. By the end of the summer sale 2017, they'll have plenty of sales.
>>
>>330743886
At least Hitman can be redeemed, given it's not actually finished yet and there's quite a bit of confusion running around about whether it even exists or not. I sure hope SE didn't blow their entire marketing budget on the release.
>>
>>330743886
>they pulled the plug too early on the Life is Strange finale
>Just Cause 3 is a mess I never even cared to finish
>Hitman is incredible but they have no idea what they're doing with it

I do hope Deus Ex is good, but ever since the first trailer, it's never looked particularly exciting to me. I've watched the DE:HR trailer dozens of times.
>>
>>330744272
If Square Enix doesn't see lots of sales until the game is "finished" they'll end it there, at the end of the year, and won't continue it or make another Hitman ever again.
>>
>>330744483
its best not be hopeful about any upcoming games anymore you'll just hurt yourself
>>
>>330744483
>Hitman is incredible but they have no idea what they're doing with it
Not just in terms of the model, but in terms of all game design elements not connected to core mechanics/levels. Accidents don't give Silent Assassin. Contracts is massively dumbed down from Absolution and not even worth bothering with. Customization is nowhere to be found and the unlock system sucks.

The only thing they nailed was the level design, mechanics, and mission philosophy. The core game.
>>
I have to go online and do online things in order to unlock single player things
>>
>>330741498
>poor marketing

i dont call shilling everywhere bad marketing
>>
>>330742689
You're retarded because you find humor in the downfall of a unique series, and one of the last stealth series.
>>
File: 1351750516800.png (1 MB, 1022x807) Image search: [Google]
1351750516800.png
1 MB, 1022x807
>>330743886
Just Cause 3 is literally a better version of 2.
RotTR is far better than the reboot, but yes, new Lara is still shit.
Hitman clearly advertised its business model, it isn't something I particularly like but it is a legit business model that only an actual retard would "fall for".
HR was good, if they give us more of that, the new one will be good too.

Squeenix have done much worse. Everything is always doom and fucking gloom on this board, I feel like I'm the only one actually playing any videogames around here.
>>
>>330744506
I don't think things are that simple here. The longer they take to pull the plug, the harder it will be to deal with the bad PR from the inevitable refund frenzy the buyers will take up.

>>330744631
Apparently people had bitched in Blood Money days that Accidents were too broken.
>>
>>330744819
>Just Cause 3 is literally a better version of 2.
According to who?
>>
>>330744838
They won't pull the plug until all the promised content is out. At worst they'll half-ass the last few levels.
>>
File: 1428306287583.jpg (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1428306287583.jpg
58 KB, 800x600
I don't get it.

Why the episodic shit in the first place?

I played it and it feels like a Hitman game except there is no story. So I'm guessing IO couldn't finish the game on time.
>>
>>330744806
I'm sure him and plenty of other people have already moved past being upset at games being ruined and just hope that there's at least some consequences of it happening. The fact that Denuvo games are selling poorly is something that should incite humor after devs always blaming piracy for their games selling poorly rather than their game being shit.
>>
>>330744994
worse, it is completed but they are putting out 1 map per month
>>
>>330744994
Square Enix has a recent obsession with episodic games and thinks it's the future. They like the model because it allows them to make development cheaper. The game gets funded during development early access style, and if the game does poorly they can half-ass future episodes.
>>
File: 1406325300761.gif (12 KB, 496x225) Image search: [Google]
1406325300761.gif
12 KB, 496x225
>>330741160
Looks like paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for Denuvo is really working out for them
>>
>>330743647
arguable as to whether or not they are actual sales numbers considering they were giving the game away with graphics cards
>>
>>330744819
Yeah, there's some strange bloodlust in the board culture here nowadays. As if the death of an AAA franchise is a positive form of progress for gaming.

Really, companies will just cope with failing franchises by pumping out another safe bet, and none of the flaws in the game industry will change much.
>>
>>330743647
2 million is not particularly well for a AAA game.
>>
>>330742069
You're using fucking Steam, all your games are on a lifeline.
>>
>>330744902
Did you even play it?
I'm a big fan of the second game but going into 3, everything is improved.
Much better movement abilities, better gadgets, better physics and driving, better controls, better vehicles and most of all, actually giving you an incentive to take over bases in the form of upgrades and new abilities.

The only thing more I wanted from it was a bit of a longer story and more map variety like in 2.
>>
>>330745196
>No MP mod
Literally who cares?
>>
cuz pc fagz piret et!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!111!!!!!!2
>>
>>330745171
Steam isn't DRM son.

There are quite a few games on steam you can just launch the .exe from its folder and play ;)
>>
>>330745232
As if the MP mods were ever great? I played JC2's MP mod in its early phases, it was fun but eventually things degraded into a driving/destruction sim where the airport was the only place that mattered. The same thing would've happened in 3.
>>
>>330745232
It is literally in the works.
You do realize how long 2 was out before even a peep about multiplayer was heard?
>>
File: FOR YOU XD.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FOR YOU XD.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>330745059
>>330745076

Well episodic games work because they rely heavily on story. Hitman is a game where you kill people and the story develops very slowly over the course of the entire game.

So now you get one level to kill a person and it just ends. Ok got to wait till next month to see what the fuck I just did.
>>
>>330745647
Yes, most episodic games are episodic to emulate a sort of TV-like feel where people discuss each episode and wait for the next. It makes the games more relevant and popular than if they just dropped the complete thing in a single day.

Square Enix is more interested in it because it's cheaper and safer.
>>
>>330745647
I hope he's an elusive contract on some kind of plane level. Maybe we can get the security masks from Dance With The Devil in BM to cosplay Bane.
>>
>>330746254
>if you get caught he says "Lotta loyalty for a hired gun"
>>
>>330745196
>actually giving you an incentive to take over bases in the form of upgrades and new abilities.

Oh no, they pulled a ubisoft?

Bummer.
>>
>>330745171
Youre thinking of games using steamworks.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.