[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this thing hacked yet? If so how?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: vita.jpg (2 KB, 147x90) Image search: [Google]
vita.jpg
2 KB, 147x90
Is this thing hacked yet? If so how?
>>
>>330739231
not yet
we're all still waiting until the hackers stop being moral fags or we see a flash cart so we can bypass the memory card issue along homebrew
>>
>>330739887
The flash cart thing is difficult since people haven't figured out the lock out chip.
the 3DS used the same method as th DS so it was cracked on released, but the vita Cart is wierd
>>
Enjoy you're shitty p2p shark fin shaped dildo
>>
The entire homebrew scene is one giant circlejerk of attention whores.
See the recent Heyken made up drama bullshit
>>
>>330740069
it'll happen eventually
at least I hope so, I have a Vita TV waiting to see some use
>>
>>330740124

That thing is just an elaborate hoax.
>>
>>330740212
The PS3 is at the end of its lifespawn (or already dead depending on how you want to look at it) and the only way to hack the latest super slim models is with a 150$ ODE.
Shit may never happen, actually.
>>
>>330740360
That's unfortunate. I was hoping to get some use of it to play emulators, but I guess that's not happening. I guess I'll try the 3DS or buy a pspgo
>>
>>330740360
PS3 will probably still get some hacks in the future I honestly don't see why not
>>
>>330740745
You can use emulators on the Vita but there are other devices better suited for it.

I wonder why people buy the newest consoles just to run ancient games sometimes.
>>
>>330740964
Oh interesting. Tbh I bought the Vita when it came out, but I haven't touched it for years. I thought I could get some use out of it. It could probably run old games better than the 3DS too.
>>
File: 1457767435418.png (184 KB, 665x606) Image search: [Google]
1457767435418.png
184 KB, 665x606
>>330739231
>hacking
>>
>>330740212
>vita tv
it is dead jim
>>
>>330741208
How is that shit even legal?
>>
>>330741234
Yeah sure but if I could even get some emulators working on it the $20 I spent on it would be worth it
>>
>>330740964
>I wonder why people buy the newest consoles just to run ancient games sometimes.
There's still a desire for the supreme handheld emulation device.

The psp is okay but weak.
Phones are garbage. Touch controls or some weird controller clip bullshit.

Those android tablets with buttons look okay, but most people would rather spend that money on a console with a dedicated high quality library instead of just an emulator device.

The N3DS is a really good option right now, but a vita would be a beast.
>>
>>330741526

Yeah but... What the fuck is wrong with emulating that crap on your computer?
>>
>>330742087
portability I would assume
>>
>>330742087
portable
>>
>wanting to hack a console in which the sole reason its still getting a steady stream of support is the fact that it isn't hacked.

Do you want to play vita games and support the people making them? Or do you just want hack the device?

It's a legitimate question.
>>
>>330742235
Why not both?
I generally have a bigger library of games if I can pirate on the platform than if I can't
>>
>>330742210
>>330742213

Does a normal person really spend so much time away from home that they absolutely NEED to carry a device to play games from several consoles? You people would have enough trouble justifying a Vita with just the Vita games.
>>
>>330739231
Isn't the problem is that no one has any desire to hack it? It's a dead platform where the only games coming out for it are weeb games.
>>
>>330741410
Legality isn't the issue. It's never an issue. How much money Sony and Nintendo have to pay legal teams is the issue.
>>
>>330739231
Why bother hacking a system that has no game?
>>
>>330742498
Work, school and seeing friends may leave you with time to kill during travel or just waiting in general.
Doesn't hurt to get the most bang out of your buck if possible
>>
>>330742597

People hacked the game.com, being dead is not the issue. The Vita is just too secure.
>>
>>330742597
>Isn't the problem is that no one has any desire to hack it?

No but those who're working on it realize their efforts would be counter productive in the end provided they want to play vita games and the reason it still gets them, is because people actually buy games and support the devs.
>>
>>330742728
>The Vita is just too secure.
This was parroted by people with the 3DS. The difference is that the 3DS hacking community is far, far larger with much more interest behind it. Now look at it. The thing has been blown wide open by off-the-wall exploits like Cubic Ninja.
>>
>>330742727

I still doubt that's enough free time to go through the Vita library itself.

But then I'm old and not poor so I played most of the things I wanted on the original hardware when they were released.
>>
>>330742816

The 3ds security is a joke and anyone who thought otherwise is an idiot. The 3ds already had flash carts within months of release.
>>
>>330742690
That's a different matter altogether, you could easily bombard a person with legal maneuvers like Sony did with geohot but to actually arrest someone for fiddling around with a games console is pretty out there
>>
>>330743104
>The 3ds already had flash carts within months of release.
Just because some flashcarts dropped the i and added 3ds to the end of it doesn't mean they could play 3DS games
>>
>>330743104
>The 3ds security is a joke

Tell that to my undecrypted roms that can't run on Citra without a real 3DS fucker
>>
>>330743104
>3DS security is a joke
How many years did it take for it to be fully hacked?
>>
>>330743795
>>330743501

I'm talking about piracy which was available on the 3ds pretty early on, because this is what it's all about.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.