[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >Donate $100 so people who don't care can hear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: games-done-quick-logo.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
games-done-quick-logo.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>be me
>Donate $100 so people who don't care can hear about my grandmother dying of cancer.
>"We have a donation from Don, he says-"
>"Can I have serious time?"

>They never finish my donation.
>Feels bad, man.
>>
>>330737757
i was sympathizing with you there until
>Feels bad, man.
>>
How often do they even call serious time? I watched a fair bit of the last event and it seemed like donations were being read pretty consistently
>>
that's what you get by giving money to jewyama
>>
Is there a gdq going on right now?
>>
>>330740661
next will be in july
>>
>literally paying people to listen to your sob story

fuck off
>>
>It's a 'greetings from Germany' donation
>>
>>330740783
So that makes the list of things im waiting for
>new die antwoord album
>new korn album
>suicide squad movie
>zelda u
And
>sgbq

What the fuck to do untill all of this shit happens?
>>
>>330741128
get better taste in entertainment
>>
>>330737757

fuck off don nobody cares
>>
>>330741232
I have excellent taste what the fuck should i watch and listen to?
>>
>>330741316

Listen to the sound of a bullet entering your skull at high speed.
>>
>>330741438
Go fuck yourself enjoy listening to music by a man who is 52 million dollars less rich than you
>>
Ugh this cringe-fest, the shitty people, the shitty donation about people dying of cancer and then they say ''hope we can find a cure'' WHILE THE FUCKING CHARITY IS NOT FOR CURE BUT AWARENESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsSNh23SwPw
>>
>>330741595

So why even donate? So some idiots can run around reminding everyone that cancer exists?
>>
>>330737757
>not going there with a knitting set and asking the speedrunner personally to stop
For shame.
>>
>>330741595
They did find a potetial cure they can make white bloodcellls that target cancer cells
>>
File: 1410020392498.png (98 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1410020392498.png
98 KB, 375x375
>>330741128
>new die antwoord album
>new korn album
>>
File: gdq years.jpg (915 KB, 1306x3232) Image search: [Google]
gdq years.jpg
915 KB, 1306x3232
>gdq
>>
>>330737757

CAN YOU STOP?
>>
>>330741748

The "sacred couch" bullshit is retarded now.
>>
File: 1312559259218.png (48 KB, 369x369) Image search: [Google]
1312559259218.png
48 KB, 369x369
Speed running sucks. I just enjoy the screwups and the betas in between. I love the memes as well
>>
>>330741861
i think the word you are looking for is autistic
>>
>Big Jon and Caveman got cucked out of timeslots for people like that Velocity2x faggot who is the only person to ever play the game
>>
>>330741774
I would really prefer if you'd be quiet.
>>
File: 1435089105872.jpg (38 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1435089105872.jpg
38 KB, 400x388
>>330741595
I just realized something

donations to cancer awarness are literally just giving money to ad agencies

as if I didn't have enough reasons to want to kill myself already, god

why is everything always awful?
>>
>>330741748

sgd14 goat never to be repeated
>>
>>330741729
Fuck you i like them not like music is anything to brag about this year so far who the fuck matches a voice to metal drums sounds horrible
>>
>>330741316
Try something you normally wouldn't, you may end up liking it. I didn't think that romantic comedies could ever be considered in the same class of film as dramas until I saw Amélie, and I didn't think I'd ever approach anime but all it took was the first episode of cowboy bebop and now I've just finished watching K-on for the second time on my premium subscription to crunchyroll.
>>
File: 1457139206924.gif (987 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
1457139206924.gif
987 KB, 500x452
>>330741316
>I have excellent taste
>>
>Brain Age TAS
>is cool for like 5 problems and then it devolves into a literal fucking meme machine
>>
>>330741128
Have you ever tried to get out of your comfort zone, just a little?
>>
>>330742247
I do not my fault you want to listen to the same shit we have been listening to for the last 20 years im half shocked no one brought disco back not that there is anything wrong with disco
>>
when is narcissa gonna stream? love her runs
>>
>>330742317
Yes didnt find much of anything i liked its when i found die antwoord actually in the ripe year of 2014 other then that found people still doing the same songs again and again its one of the reasons indie games scare the shit out of me when they get into a trend im waitng for 1001 stardew valley like games
>>
>>330741595
Cancer is incurable. Each person's cancer is their own personalized brand of cancer, it's nothing like HIV or Hepatitis or Polio. If cures were discovered, they would be tailor made to each individual and therefore very expensive i.e. out of the hands of the public.

When it comes to putting money that will have the greatest impact, it is awareness of risky behaviors to avoid to prevent cancer from forming in the first place.

That being said, we are just wasting our fucking time with cancer at all. Better to cure shit that can be actually cured. Or just use all that money to force/lobby government to implement a 2000% tax on cigarettes to pay for smokers' inevitable lung cancer treatment and the poor bastards that had to be around an inconsiderate smoker.
>>
>>330742546
If i didnt know better id say this is out of house md
>>
>>330742352
>>330742513
Are you 16 - 19 or are you baiting?
>>
>>330742546
>implying smoking is the primary cause of cancer

try the trace metals left in the air by car exhaust

that shit fucks you up son
>>
>>330741748
>special shout outs to ennopp
>>
File: Testicular_1.jpg (52 KB, 670x447) Image search: [Google]
Testicular_1.jpg
52 KB, 670x447
>>330741595
>>330742012
>>330742546
>>
>>330742687
Im 29 years old you act like ots odd for someone to have a limited but very unusul taste in music
>>
>>330740395
What is exactly stopping him from making a single fucking post on the sda forums clarifying what's he's been doing for the past 2 years.

I don't mean in depth details about his medical history, just anything to make the whole thing appear like less of a colossal scam.

Also the Prevent Cancer Foundation is a terrible charity to support, compared to the other ones out there.
>>
File: 1435101948150.jpg (14 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1435101948150.jpg
14 KB, 228x221
>>330742775
How much did this cost?

Because for the millions raised I gotta say, most of it has appeared to have gone into pockets

ur an asshole anon
>>
>>330742785
You sound like you're actually on the spectrum, in which case I guess it's not your fault you have the taste of an angsty 13 year old.
>>
>>330737757
>I'll donate 10 more dollars if the green hoodie guy can talk some more
>>
>>330737757
>be me
stopped reading there

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>330742634
It's out of high school biology where they teach you how cells reproduce. It's easy to reach the conclusion that cancer is not some regular bitch disease from bacteria or viruses.

It's also from people I've talked to before and after they graduate from college and enter cancer research. It's a depressing field of work. Imagine leaving school thinking you're going to help save the world; you spend the first couple years catching up on all the ideas thrown out already so you don't repeat the effort; then you realize that hundreds of thousands of donation dollars were spent paying you to figure that out; then you realize that in order to study this fucking monster it takes entire lifetimes of tracking individuals throughout their lives to reach any solid evidence.

"We raised a million dollars for cancer research!" - translation: we just paid a couple employees for a couple years to learn shit's fucked.
>>
>>330743105
Angsty 13 year olds are listening to things like drake and kanye right now not korn and die antwoord korn is old peoples music and to them die antwoord is scarey im just glad the emo trend is over one of the worst times to catch a few seconds of a radio station
>>
>>330742546
But a cure to cancer is preventing it.
>>
>>330741748
when i was at SGDQ15 it seemed like everyone loathes the increasingly strict rules and only comes to hang out with their speedrunner friends
it's like only the organizers are out of touch and everyone else tolerates their bullshit because it's easier than making a new event
>>
>>330742546
>Each person's cancer is their own personalized brand of cancer
Lol this kid. Just got out of genetics 101 eh?
No, not everyone's cancer is unique. There's between 140-200 genes / genetic alterations we've found that are directly responsible for the creation of cancer cells. We have many types of drugs that treat some of the genes, but not all.
Cancer is curable. It's just really REALLY hard to cure it, because certain types of cancer cells multiply faster than our current biomedical tech can destroy them and/or alter the gene sequence. There are also certain cancer proteins that we're having a really tough time synthesizing an enzyme for to denature them.

Cancer is not a "disease", virus, etc. But every kind of cancer is technically curable, it's just really REALLY hard to cure, and current tech suggests we might be better off pursuing nanotech rather than biotech when searching for a cure for most types.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3YfT21MadA
the girl donation reader in this run pisses me off
>talks over the runner multiple times
>talks over the runner to announce WE GOT 100 DOLLARS from someone that left no comment
>'now would be a good time to read donations'
>'oops i read them all please donate twitch chat :3'
>>
>>330743917
The point is bang for your buck.

If I had a million dollars that had to be put towards health care if I'm going to be unbiased I'm going to put it somewhere that's easy. Why the fuck would I put money into doing something hard when there's easier shit to accomplish.

Polio and whooping cough - two things we can annihilate off the face of the planet and improve the lives and survival of people GUARANTEED.

The only reason why people give a fuck about cancer at all is because cancer has a fucking better marketing team. Everyone's all weepy and shit because of the slogan, "Everyone has been impacted by cancer". Well guess what, not to sound edgy, but that's because our generation didn't have to live with the horrors of polio. We almost got polio dead; we almost had whooping cough dead. Then the fucking religious nutjars in both Asia and the United States thought that it would be great idea to shit on authority and what was once nearly gone is re-surging and possibly mutate into something that will undo all the work to establish herd immunity for the past six decades.

So don't tell my ignorant ass that I'm missing something here. It's a simple dollars question and cancer is a waste of our fucking money.
>>
>>330744595
>Why the fuck would I put money into doing something hard when there's easier shit to accomplish.
Because cancer is a fucking genetic inevitability you tard.
Many diseases can be prevented. Cancer is not one of them.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.