[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, was it artificial difficulty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: ornstein-smough-large.jpg (25 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
ornstein-smough-large.jpg
25 KB, 600x338
Now that the dust has settled, was it artificial difficulty?
>>
The only artificial difficulty in dark souls is Seath killing you once no matter what you do.
>>
>>330735629
It took me a while to realize I can use Smough's fat to my advantage and block Ornstein away.
>>
>>330735629
No, it was just really hard the first few times.
>>330736180
This
>>
>>330736180
And Bed of Chaos./
>>
>>330736180
>The game straight up gives you a Ring of Sacrifice before that
>You can walk out of the fog gate

lol if you say so
>>
>>330735629
They still haven't fixed Ornstein's gltichy ass charge.
>>
>>330738112

Yeah, if there is ANY hint or clue that there is an unwinnable boss fight coming up.

or... did you... no... you couldnt have... did you use a guide on the first playthrough? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCKING FAGGOT, GTFO your opinion is null and void, GET THE FUCK OUT FAGGOT.
>>
File: 1457757266378.jpg (69 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1457757266378.jpg
69 KB, 497x732
>>330736180
>tfw curse bar keeps filling after you die
>>
I would say no. You have several ways you can separate them: the pillars, getting one stuck behind the other, and the fact that Ornstein is faster than Smough (usually). Once one was dead, it was just a matter of dodging, blocking, and reading tells, which you should of learned by that point in the game.
>>
>>330738454
>You Die-
>!CURSED!

Only happened once and I laughed; good thing I bought a purging stone because it looked cool.
>>
>>330738089

How is Bed of Chaos artificial difficulty?

It's a shitty boss but it isn't artificial difficulty.
>>
>>330739617
>Camera angle can't see what's going on
>randum falling floors
>hand attacks push the player, so even a roll still pushes into pits

I can cheese it pretty easy these days, but the first time doing it allows for absoultely no learning unless you die 4-5 times.
>>
Nah. If you used Solaire the fight is an absolute joke.
>>
>>330739731

Look up
They aren't random
Don't go near the hands you can skirt the edge of the arena
>>
There are people who have SL1 NG+7'd fists only no healing those two.
So no.
>>
>>330739828
>look up and left at the same time
>No way of knowing which floor crumbles until you go near them
>can't skirt the edge of the arena for the second branch

Ontop of all that, you have equip the lava ring over and over again every time you die.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.