[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New trailer for Tales of /ss/ https://www.youtube.com/watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: Velvet_official.jpg (154 KB, 479x800) Image search: [Google]
Velvet_official.jpg
154 KB, 479x800
New trailer for Tales of /ss/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OviA2xmroPk
>>
I like main girl's design I don't care, chunni girls are great.
>>
[X]SAVE SHOTA
>>
>>330734908
I LOVE ROSE!
Also
>Burn
>>
I pray it's not shit
>>
>>330734908

DARKNESS
>>
Is the fanbase consensus on Berseria good?
>>
>>330736476
I think most people are being pretty cautious about it so far. I hope it can solve Zestiria's issues or at least be decent on its own.
>>
File: 1435130315037.gif (1011 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
1435130315037.gif
1011 KB, 500x273
>That theme song
>>
>>330736476
I haven't really played any Tales games but I like what i've seen of Berseria so far
>>
>>330734908
I really, really like this character design
>>
>related to zestiria

NO THANK YOU
>>
>>330734908
Cinematically and character wise it looks good, the song wasn't too bad either. But the battle system is looking like such a turn off for me.
>>
>>330736750
What was Zestria's issue? I'm new to the series.
>>
>>330737067
>>330734908
this character design is a hot mess. Random belts out the ass. Retarded loose bandages. What the fuck is that belly dancer chain doing in the front? It would impede your movement. Why is there random ass straps on her left leg? What the fuck? The belt around her waist would slide down her body is she doesn't keep her legs apart at all times.
>>
>>330737253
lol shut up fag it looks cool
>>
>>330734908
>That arm
CRAWLING
>>
File: Final Fantasy X Rikku.gif (3 MB, 250x203) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy X Rikku.gif
3 MB, 250x203
>>330737253
IS THIS FINAL FANTASY, those fucking belts
>>
>>330737247

it was shit.
>>
>>330737253
It's fine because she is wearing it ironically
>>
>>330737417
You must be over 18 to post on this board.
>>
I am digging this FLOW theme song.
>>
>>330737253
She's cute so it's okay
>>
File: nui.png (287 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
nui.png
287 KB, 480x480
>Opening by Flow

Give me an opening that has Flow doing the opening and ISN'T hype.
>>
>PS4/PS3

Into the recycling bin it goes.
>>
so what is Finn doing in Berseria
>>
>>330737247
My biggest personal issues was the battles felt very clunky compared to past installments and the dungeons felt too samey. Also the skill system.
>>
Will Baba get canned if this one doesn't sell well in Japan?
>>
>>330737247
It was okay, but compared to some of the previous titles it felt like it was really lacking. While I liked (almost all) the characters, the story itself was really fucking bland and it's definitely not one of their more memorable Tales games. It had some pretty good music, and it had some great cut-scenes. Battle was mediocre and often felt tedious.
>>
>you will never have a legitimate /ss/ game
Why even play games anymore?
>>
>>330738968
>>330737247
Most dungeons were corridors that are completely forgettable, especially with how barren it is.

The equipment system is at the mercy of RNG, even the fucking shops. You've have to do plenty of grinding if you want to spend effort in the skill system.

The writing is repetitive and hamfisted, the story is almost like an afterthought.
>>
>>330738968
The dungeons felt like they had a computer program put them all together with so little design from an actual developer. So much of everything felt lazy and ripped off the Xillia games. There were really only a few dungeons that I enjoyed; otherwise they felt so repetitive and boring.
>>
>>330737247

Let's ignore things pertaining to Alisha, Rose, and most of the story. That's all very subjective.

The elemental system is a good idea in theory but poor in execution. I liked playing Dezel and Zaveid but couldn't main them because I'm useless against a half of the cast

Armatization is another cool concept that ends up feeling poor in the end. With only 3 hits in a combo it feels to mindless and spammy and it makes every single regular encounter a joke.

The camera is terrible in all ways. It's even worse in multiplayer

Speaking of multiplayer, it's shit. The camera is bad and only 2 people can comfortably play because of Armatization

The dungeons are really lacking with no good puzzles and were recycled corridors

Bosses randomly iron stancing

Skills were needlessly complicated and grindy

Limited to a 4 hit combo for a large portion of the game

I mean I played it the whole way through. It's an ok JRPG but it just doesn't hold up to the others in the series. Vesperia, Abyss, Symphonia are all better and Xillia and Graces both have way better combat.
>>
Do we know much about the game beside it being related to Zesteria?

What's the battle system like? TP/BP?
Any word on the camera?
What's new about this one? The main characters arm thing looks cool
>>
>>330739260
I'd say "yes" but after the Zesty shenanigans I couldn't give you a definitive answer.
>>
File: 1431262329002.png (311 KB, 424x493) Image search: [Google]
1431262329002.png
311 KB, 424x493
>>330734908
>mfw FLOW doing the OP
>>
>>330740398
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/25/depth-look-tales-berserias-liberation-linear-motion-battle-system/
>>
>>330740752
The gameplay doesn't look as edgy as the trailers, I wonder what they're going for advertising the game in that manner.
>>
Wasn't expecting anything new about this game until Talesfest.
>>
>>330737247
Clunky as fuck
Stupidly retarded skill system
Fuck awful camera
Copy paste dungeons The DLC chapter was literally one giant ass copy paste dungeon from the base game
The whole Alisha/Rose thing
Artes and effects dont look nearly as pretty as past games
The PC/PS4 ports were literally straigh ports of the PS3 version
The plot was just a series of fetch quests
>>
>>330740398
Dodging and blocking are tied to the shoulder buttons and you can assign artes to any of the four face buttons
>>
>>330734908
Feels like Vesperia. Hope it can be close or half as good as it.
>>
>>330735932
"I'll never forgive you!"
>>
>>330737253
it looks absolutely retarded but by typical chuuni jap standards i've seen worse. that's not a compliment though.
>this character design is a hot mess
i think hot is the keyword here
i want to lick her midriff
>>
>>330734908
so who is this mage girl in the trailer that looks like female mikleo put in a bland white dress?
>>
>>330741269
>Copy paste dungeons
only the 4 main dungeons had something to them, everything else was just an assortment of corridors

the emtpy world map wasn't exactly better
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.