[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are seriously people that think Nomura won't knock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9
File: image9.jpg (58 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image9.jpg
58 KB, 1366x768
>There are seriously people that think Nomura won't knock this remake out of the park just because it's episodic
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEGerxOD0ig
>>
it'll suck
>>
b-but EPISODICK
>>
>>330732607
I'll decide wether or not to trust him when I see remake Tifa.
>>
>>330732607
name one good thing he's done in ten years
>>
>>330735387
explain more
>>
>>330735538
I want to see how faithful he is.
>>
>>330735616
What would be faithful and unfaithful
>>
>>330735753
Big tits, small tits.
>>
>>330735387
they're avoiding showing her so far
>>
>>330732607
people are going to be shit talking about the game up until its release.
then people will praise the fuck out of it.

you know this is going to be true.
>>
>>330735387
this to be quite honest family member
>>
File: 1456265382024.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1456265382024.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
>>330732607
Not sure why people are surprised or upset that it's episodic.

Square Enix has a wonderful track record of creating near-vaporware with their development times. This game being released in episodes assures that people will at least play some of the game before they die. If by some miraculous chance that you do live long enough to see all of the episodes released and its inevitable DLC packs, it will likely be released as one full game eventually.
>>
>>330732607
yeah enjoy your wii u "definitive edition" 7cuck
>>
>>330735895
we're not gonna get the big ones
>>
>>330732607

>Shoulders more prominent than biceps and forearms.

Like, I'm all for not making every male character a beef mountain, but thats some shitty design that makes him look weak as fuck.
>>
File: 1457656113550.jpg (53 KB, 652x720) Image search: [Google]
1457656113550.jpg
53 KB, 652x720
>>330736187
>inevitable DLC packs
>Yuffie and Vincent were an optional characters
>yfw they're DLC
>>
>>330736371
It's almost as if his body has been suspended in a tube for years and he's just got out.
>>
>>330732607

It will get cancelled after the 5th episode, circa around Aeris' death.

I can just feel it. People are over-estimating FF7 fans and their propensity to keep up with an episodic schedule. Most of us are getting old anyway.
>>
With the size of FF7 it's take like 20 years to make in modern graphics and scale.
>>
>>330736584

ohh I see so realism is the excuse here?
>>
The fact that some of you think that Square Enix, a company that metaphorically pulled itself out of the grave with a string of RPG's and is famous/infamous for its brand is going to let their precious golden goose die because they decided to give it a new coat of paint make you a bunch of indignant morons.

Final Fantasy 7 was the bread and butter of Square Enix, and though I don't believe it's the best game the company pumped out, there's a reason it's so iconic and got as much mass attention as it has. Square is taking this leap because after a little more than a decade of everybody shitting about and asking "Why can't you remake Final Fantasy 7 with updated graphics?" "When with Final Fantasy 7 come to nextgen?", they're finally confident that they have the resources and the fanbase at their disposal to properly reintroduce this game.

They've already expressed a couple of things that sent the autistic community that is /v/ into a frenzy.

The game is NOT a 1:1 remake of the original. Dialogue has changed, story progression has changed, scripted events have changed. It's going to keep to the overall general progression of events, but the details that are going to be presented in this new medium are going to offer a different view of the world and story the game takes place in as opposed to the original

The combat is no longer turn based, being replaced with a Kingdom-hearts reminiscent action combat system. This will introduce in-combat jumping, and the ability to actively switch between your designated three party members. There are people who are actually complaining about this.
>>
File: the fucking nope wizard.jpg (70 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
the fucking nope wizard.jpg
70 KB, 720x720
>>330737127
Most importantly is the episodic release announcement. People are upset because they're going to have to buy three (possibly four) different games just to get the whole experience. It makes sense to be remotely upset about this, given that they're either going to charge more in the long run for the whole game, or you're not going to have enough to do in the time it takes to release the second/third/fourth parts. That's understandable, but surely the pros are going to outweigh the cons. Square has a big name to live up to while undertaking this project, and frankly, if it takes three or four different episodic releases to fit in all of the content and game events in this new medium, then frankly, I'm not opposed. I'd rather have to wait a little longer for everything, and truly get everything, then have them cut the game down to its barebones and release it all at once. Besides, if it isn't obvious to you all already, Square likes to go back and release collections of games they already set out individually. Give it a year after the last episodic release and we'll get the whole goddamned bundle in a big fancy case with some special artbook or some other promotional thing for $100.00 after everything. As much as you guys want to throw your negative impressions out there, Square isn't going to risk fucking up this remake. This has been a long time coming, and frankly, I'm excited to see what they pump out for us.
>>
>>330736584
This will be an acceptable reason IF he looks better as the game goes on.
>>
Just depends on how many episodes and where they end
>>
>>330737127

It's hard to get excited for a remake, regardless of the reason.

Great games are made, not "re-formulated". I'm starting to understand Square rebuffed us for so long. But some dumbass fell for the bait.
>>
>>330732607
Why is his hair so short? Why the lack of color? Why is he so tall?
>>
>>330732607

test
>>
>>330737127
>and the ability to actively switch between your designated three party members
Just like FFXV right?
>>
>>330738519
got emm
>>
So I'm playing this game for the first time and there is no fucking way this remake wont change a lot of shit.

This game is GOOFY AS FUCK.

Within the first few hours you are cross dressing to break into some pimps house cause he wants to fuck Tifa. Later on you meet some random talking dog who joins your party, ride a dolphin and jump off of the dolphins back to get on a ledge, your whole crew dresses as the bad guys including the fucking dog, you go to the beach and see Hoju just chilling and still wearing his labcoat surrounded by some hotties, like jeez, this is so goofy.

How the hell will any of this not look stupid as fuck in modern gen graphics. which is what I want but probably not what will happen
>>
File: Beej upset.png (221 KB, 571x312) Image search: [Google]
Beej upset.png
221 KB, 571x312
>>330737127
>There are people who are actually complaining about this

>implying turn-based combat is inherently worse
>>
>>330739667
Turn based combat is totally fine if there's some actual strategy involved, but you know just as well as I do that Final Fantasy games are "press attack or cast magic to win," as long as you dont run from enemies and miss out on the XP. Every once in a while, you use an item post-battle and during a boss fight, rotate in a healer.

Squares games aren't hard. The superbosses at the end of some of them take some grinding to deal with, but the combat itself doesn't take a lot of thought. It's a matter of finding out how many hits you can take vs how many they can, and acting accordingly.

Turn based combat isn't bad when there's necessary decision making, but FF7's combat was lackluster. The thing that comes out of the safe in the mansion and the boss mob in the Cosmo Canyon cave before you find Red's dad were the only two boss fights that, if you weren't grinded, could actually do you in based only on the fights mechanics.
>>
>>330737127
It's not KH like system at all

It's just menu based combat with movement during battle like FF12, there is no jumping, aerial combos, platforming or any of that.
>>
>>330739931
So why not take the opportunity to fix the problems in the combat and make it better, instead of changing it into a different genre?

They didn't give Resident Evil the combat system of something like Devil May Cry when they remade it.
Would you think that would be a good idea if they had?
After all, you'd be able to jump in combat, right?
>>
I wonder how they'll handle cait sith.
>>
>>330738793
You're underestimating Nomura's love for weird shit.
>>
>>330740145
Because
A. They've said before that the only reason they did turn based is because they couldn't get across the intended action onscreen for the longest time. That changed with FFXV.

B. They've stated that there's still a big ATB element to the game, and that it's "slower than Dissidia, given the ATB element, but not entirely dissimilar."
>>
>>330737127
Squaresoft
>>
File: Party Menu Commands FFXV.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Party Menu Commands FFXV.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>330738519
Actually the way you give commands to your party members in FFXV is pretty much what the entire battle system for FF7R is, only in FF7R there is a dropdown list menu while in FFXV its both quick menus and the Noctis action system.
>>
>>330740120
They made it very clear that the game will have action-style input similar to Kingdom Hearts, but much slower-paced and more attentive to strategy and decision making.

I never said it was like the kingdom hearts system at all. I only said that it was reminiscent in it's execution, which for all intents and purposes, it is. As for the jumping, this was only rumored, and I should have made it clear that citation was needed there.

>>330740671
There was one instance in which I should have rewritten it as Squaresoft, in the second textblock. Aside from that, it was correct. Thank you though.
>>
>>330732607
there are people that seriously believe Noumra will not get kicked out of the project like he got kicked out of FFvs13 now FF15.

The current director on FF15 is only there because he is good with time schedules with games. It blows my mind that people believe in Nomura, he has no logical concept of what time is. If ya don't believe me, ask yourself when was FFvs13 announced and how many trailers did it get before the name change?

I bet Square Enix will be shilling allot of their games out after April so it does not seem like a gigantic loss on the company.
Also I can't imagine, how Square Enix is going to make money out of FF15, because of the long dev cycle and how FF13 was received.
>>
>>330740912
>They made it very clear that the game will have action-style input similar to Kingdom Hearts,
No they didn't say this

They said it is not entirely action and only that it is more real time elements into the system, the only thing it has is real time movement, it's still entirely menu based

KH is Action based with attack, jump, dodge roll, and the menu is just to modify the button that attack is for one of the other commands

FF7R is entirely menu based, you pick all attack from menu, you will pick defend from the menu, you pick all your commands from the menu and when you do a canned animation will play out, it is not actually like KH

FF7R is not an actual Action RPG, it has no platforming, jumping, aerial combat, dodge rolls or any of that.

FF7R is closest to FF12 and how the ATB menu works in LR but a reverse charge version of it, so while it is more flashier and real time than the original FF7, it's not an actual Action RPG
>>
>>330733557

>linking a brony
>>
>>330741115
XV wasn't in constant development for 10 years, most of that time it was shelved and it only got fully started with an actual budget and 200+ member dev team in 2012.

Tabata even mentioned in an interview last year that even counting the stuff done since Versus that the budget for FFXV is not even close to the budget of GTAV or Destiny.

Yeah it was announced 10 years ago but it's not like they've been working on it every day for 10 years straight.

I do agree that Nomura is shit at time management and schedules, actually I think Nomura even said so himself that he sucks at management which is why he always has co-directors now helping him
>>
>>330741115
Oh no, it's retarded.
>>
>>330740498
>A. They've said before that the only reason they did turn based is because they couldn't get across the intended action onscreen for the longest time. That changed with FFXV.

Which is great for FFXV, but what a creator at one point wanted a thing to be is not what the audience who loves the thing got. Remember that George Lucas wanted to do a lot of things with Star Wars that he couldn't get across at the time, and we all know how that turned out.

Also, that excuse is bullshit. Maybe when it started on NES era hardware that limitation could be understandable. but developers have been making action RPGs for just about forever now, and FF only made the jump to action relatively recently.
>>
>>330741192
This sounds like a lot of wishful thinking on your part. I look forward to seeing how that plays out for you.
>>
>>330741462
The creators of ATB mentioned in an interview that they had been planning to go to Action since FF4, but that a sudden shift from turn based straight to action would have alienated people, that is why they created the ATB system to introduce time based elements into the series, and so over a decade they tried various things with the ATB system and eventually after 10 years they started making the first FF with real time movement, one as an MMO then another as a single player one, this introduced more real time elements, then eventually we are at FFXV now and the shift to go Action is much more easier now since FF has had real time system in it for over a decade now.

FF10 and FF13 however were offshoots to try something different and were made by the same team.
>>
>>330737227
>>330732607
People keep forgetting the original was on 3 discs
>>
>>330741719
>but that a sudden shift from turn based straight to action would have alienated people

Which is exactly what's happening to fans of FFVII now.
>>
>>330736541
If anything it'll be the opposite, both have become a big part of the series (Vincent even got his own game) and there's no way they're going to make 4 versions of every cutscene based on who you do or don't have. Yuffie and Vincent required characters you heard it here first.
>>
>>330741920
>LE YOU PAYED FOR EACH DISC MEYMEY
drink bleach
>>
File: chandler.jpg (17 KB, 293x360) Image search: [Google]
chandler.jpg
17 KB, 293x360
>>330742029
I played VII almost 17 years ago and I'm just fine with what the remake is doing, even the episodic shit.
>>
>>330742029
FF7 was ATB

Seriously the shift from FF7 to FF7R is even less than the shift from FF10 to FF11.
>>
>>330742294
a) Doesn't seem like that small of a shift so far

and

b) Yeah duh, because FF11 was an MMO. Unless you're telling me "it could have been worse, they could have remade FF7 into an MMO".
>>
>>330742473
Ok, the shift from FF7 to FF7R is even less than the shift from FF9 to FF12.
>>
At least you won't have to worry about level grinding or side quests much anymore.

Look forward to each episode starting you with a default level and equipment. Carrying over saves is hard, and we wouldn't want to prevent someone from buying episode four because they don't want to play through the first three episodes to get there.
>>
I'm sure it'll be great but I'm still going to wait for a complete edition, even if it takes a decade
>>
>>330742115
You know the only reason for that was to fit the FMVs, right? The entire game is on each disc.
>>
>>330736261
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>330737227
i'm very much looking forward to the remake, but, what i seriously want to know about the multi-part thing is how are they gonna deal with character progression and all that shit that it entails

like, materia, weapons, items, leveling and shit, if its some unique bullshit between games then they can fuck off though
>>
>>330738793
the cross dressing is still in though, and you'll definetly see some goofy shit in there still
>>
Two questions;

1) If they release this episodically, is your character from episode 1 going to carry over to episode 2? And if so, what stops me from grinding to 99 in the time it takes them to release episode 2 and then just breezing through the rest of the game?

and 2) If I buy episode 3, could I not just start playing it from there without owning episodes 1 and 2, or is it going to be released like DLC where having prerequisite downloads is required?
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (750 KB, 1209x1054) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
750 KB, 1209x1054
>>330733557
This guy tries way too hard to be funny in order to make his points across. It's like he's an Angry Joe ripoff or some shit.
>>
>>330742029
not really though, i've seen more shitflinging about the multi-part thing and other shit than battle system complaints
>>
The thing about doing a remake of a game as beloved as FF7 is that you can't satisfy everyone when you do a remake.

If you do a straight graphics update and push it on the market, people will complain you changed nothing

Upgrade the combat, you changed too little or that you shouldn't have changed that because it wasn't like that in the original

Change the genre to action rpg, wahhhh this isn't the thing I remembered 20 years ago.

For all the crying for a FF7 remake, an FF7 remake was the last thing people wanted
>>
>>330743075
>And if so, what stops me from grinding to 99 in the time it takes them to release episode 2 and then just breezing through the rest of the game?

Nothing but common sense and self control, same as every RPG? Or maybe just level caps.
>>
>>330743075
1 - I'm guessing they'll have a level cap for that
2 - they'll probably do something like mass effect where you'll have a base character, but if you played and finished the previous part, you'll continue along as you left the previous game

but, this is all a what if, we dont really know what they'll do
>>
File: dottuhako.jpg (512 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dottuhako.jpg
512 KB, 1920x1080
>>330743468
They could just go the .hack route, where the first game ends where you're around level 30 and you can still dick around but enemies give less and less experience.

Actually .hack//IMOQ is a good basis for what FFVII should be aside from the fact that technically it could've all fit on one disc if they hadn't gone for dual audio.
>>
>>330735928
Tifa's tits will be DLC.
>>
>>330743702
This is probably one of the big reasons they're collaborating with CyberConnect2.
>>
>>330742670
I have faith that they will have default builds, or give you the option to carry over from your last save.
>>
>>330741404
Never said it was full development, I said Square has probably put allot of money on the project like tech pitches and tech demos, later CGIs and all that jazz on the original ps3. Which cost allot of money.
That's why it blows my mind that its not before 10 years later it went full development,
the name of FF don't have the same good memory inducing opiate painkilling effect like it used to, you could almost say that the 3 games of 13 and the original ff14 fucked with the brand.

Also the game was on and off with the whole development cycle, if it was not tech demos that famitsu saw all along, but either way it has blown my mind everytime I think of the game.
even if the demo of 15 is showing allot of hope for the game, I am kinda afraid if the game is just going to be another disappointment.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.