[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valkyria Chronicles is $5 on steam right now. Should I buy it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (895 KB, 1158x769) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
895 KB, 1158x769
Valkyria Chronicles is $5 on steam right now. Should I buy it? I like me some turn based strategy and animu and all that good shit.
>>
File: 1457858871252.webm (598 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1457858871252.webm
598 KB, 480x360
>fucking $5
>>
>>330723145
It's not about the money mang, I just want to know if it's a decent game so i don't waste my time playing it for an hour or 2 hoping it gets good if it's bad or isn't enjoyable.
>>
>>330723517
It's an enjoyable game if you're into turn-based RPGs, but the game will eventually expect you to cheese the game if you want to get a decent ranking in missions(which you really don't need, but the points are nice). I think I'm about four chapters away from completion and I kind of just lost the will to finish.

For $5 that's an absolutely insane deal, though.
>>
>>330723981
Thanks man, I don't mind cheesing things if i have to and I've always liked Fire Emblem and Advanced Wars and also enjoyed XCOM:EU/EW. Ill prolly pick this up since it is only $5 though
>>
Get that shit, and then when you finish it look up the rebalance mod.
>>
>>330722690
definitely worth $5, although a remaster is coming out on PS4 in a few months
not sure how much they're changing but that might get ported too
>>
>>330724801
Pretty sure the PS4 version is just the PC release with higher quality assets.
>>
>>330724801
20$, the only problem i have with VC PS3 and PC version is the translation, its quite shitty.
>>
>>330724801
It's the same gameplay/content-wise.

I might get it just to have a physical copy.
>>
>>330723145
Kek. the beanie thing falling was really subtle. Didn't understand at first.

>>330722690
If you've never played it, I think it's worth the $5 definitely. Actually I played it on PS3 and would still say it's worth it. With the PS4 version being inferior to the PC version, and the PC version being cheaper, it just seems like a nobrainer.
>>
OP here. With the input from the thread I decided to go ahead and buy it, so ill probably give it a try tonight or tomorrow. Thanks to everyone in the thread for the input.
>>
>>330728102
I feel that VC PS4 will have the new game's demo included.
>>
>>330728102
>With the PS4 version being inferior to the PC version

How do you know that? Are you saying that a Japanese game that is going to the PLAYSTATION is going to be INFERIOR to a non-PS game? Especially considering that Azure Revolution is PS4 exclusive? Sega is practically Sony's cock-crazed little slut, they only exist now to bounce off Sony's PS cock like that elf from that one hentai.
>>
Should I get Dawn of War Collection 1 or 2?
>>
>>330728672
If that's true than why is SMT Final on the 3DS?
>>
>>330729656
oh wow a japanese company that puts out a SINGULAR game on a non-ps console is somehow proof that not all jap devs are sony cocksuckers who put all their other games on sony consoles

Even so, since Sega is Japanese, their hierarchy puts PC dead fucking last. I like how they said that VC sold well on PC. I also like how Azure Revolution's announcement came to be after the PC version "sold so well" at 20 bucks a piece. And yet, the new game is PS exclusive, not a singular thanks given to you. Japs are fucking backstabbers.

>but muh service games ;_;
>>
>>330722690
Yes, it's worth the money and time playing it

It's a jap game but it isn't really a weaboo one, or at least it doesn't feel like it's been injected with vast amounts of otaku pandering

Solid gameplay, story, and voice acting, graphics are excellent and look great, give it a try, I did on a recommendation from a friend and I was very happy I did, it's a really great game
>>
>>330730002
the last few sonic games also didn't come out on sony consoles
>>
>>330730294
Yeah, Sonygures really are missing out on Sonic Boom and other miscellaneous mediocrity. Who cares about being the ONLY place to get Yakuza, Miku, and VC? You know, the ONLY good IPs Sega has?
>>
>>330730742
>Yakuza
released on PC
>Miku
On 3DS
>VC
This thread is literally about VC on steam
I'm not even a PC gamer, I just like pointing out how wrong people are
>>
>>330731089
>Yakuza on PC

No it fucking isn't.

>Miku on 3DS

That's why the Project Mirai series was cancelled before the first game was even out on the market, right?

>VC on PC

Literally a port of only ONE game, 6 years after it was on the PS3, with the PS4 getting it again as well as an exclusive sequel.
>>
Holy shit, leave it to a Sonygger to shit up a thread.

I only wanted to know if the game was any good.
>>
No it's garbage.

Get XCOM or Xenonauts or something.
>>
>>330730002
Panty Star Online 2 is probably their best money maker and it's pretty much PC for now.
>>
>>330722690
Looks like weeb shit to me, how is it?
>>
>>330724338
Valkyria Chronicles is pretty much a low angle camera anime world war two xcom. It's good shit.
>>
>>330735364
That's what I don't understand. If what Sega says is correct about PC being their best money maker, then why aren't they a PC+console developer? Why are most of their games console only, with PC ports coming YEARS later for negligible profits and sales.

Then again, Tom Kalinske did more for Sega in his few years as SoA president than SoJ accomplished in all of their existence.
>>
>>330724993
How so?
>>
File: 1416965041230.png (904 KB, 502x2919) Image search: [Google]
1416965041230.png
904 KB, 502x2919
>>330735426
It's weeb shit

It's so broken it's actually fun
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.