[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So hows the division?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: The-Division.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The-Division.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
So hows the division?
>>
this doesn't seem like /v/s cup of tea
>>
>>330721072
Diablo with guns
>>
>>330721610
Diablo 2 or 3?
>>
>>330721072
it's decent. I bought it because 2 of my friends were all about and bugged me to get because we haven't played anything together in a while.

the game's nothing super special, but it's competent enough as a cover shooter, and it's fun to play with a few friends. I am a sucker for games with good DMR's in them too, especially if it has M1A's in there.
>>
>>330721072
If the game played and looked just as good as what they were shilling 2 years ago, /v/ wouldn't hate it, look at MGSV and it wasn't really a masterpiece.

The problem is, everyone KNOWS that ubisoft shills, false flags and bought out every fucking source to get Watch Dogs to sell, the last decent game they made where Ghost Recons 2 generations ago.

This game was never going to be good because the formula was so similar, and it isn't discussed because we've seen the same shit in Dayz / Destiny / modern shooter ages ago.
>>
I've put about 22 hours into it, mostly solo.

I like it. Worth $42 bucks i got it for.
>>
Give me an example of a mission or what you do, are there any NPC relocating missions? Modern games because of instancing or not wanting to compute AI have left it out.
>>
>>330721994
I fucking loved MGSV
is it similar?
>>
Can I make a revolver that one shots shit? I wanna be Ocelot.
>>
>>330722174
Every mission I've played so far is just a linear romp through a interior of a city block with 4-5 areas where you hit a button and hold off 3-4 waves of enemies, with 1-3 boss characters at the end of those waves.

>>330722214
not at all. its gameplay is 50% Destiny, 50% rainbow six vegas.
>>
>>330721072
It's the equivlent of Candy Crush Saga.

Really shitty games that are extremely popular among normies and casuals that involve repetitive gameplay loops and grinding.
>>
>>330721994
>>330722214
I think people are just disappointed that MGSV was HD Peace Walker, even though they said it was going to be that the whole time.

And they're salty they aren't Big Boss
>>
>>330722214
fuck no, its like borderlands but not cartoony and a little more shitty since sometimes the enemy ai are super bullet sponges and its weird because its just some fuck in a hoodie or basic military gear, if you could get it for 40 bucks or less and have a few friends id recommend the division
>>
Should get my free nvidia code this week. I know pretty much nothing about the game except an hour of beta i played but my graphics card wasnt good enough to run satisfactory (which i now replaced). So i'm going in unhyped and a little late to the party which ironically hypes me up a bit because i dont have hopes to dash and release day servers to suffer.
>>
>>330722174
The game is made up of 20 or so what could be called "dungeons." These are universally fun as fuck.

In between, theres stuff in the open world like defending points, clearing bases, interrupting sketchy deals, killing people.

The big thing is that all these missions, at their core, are just loot shooting. Now I fucking love loot shooting, I like using abilities and getting new guns and shit.

But I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND when people say the game is repetetive, but honestly a new location to do the basic loot n' shoot is enough for me to have put a lot of time into the game.
>>
>>330722453
If you think Candy Crush invented repetetive gameplay than you've never played a JRPG.
>>
File: 2016-03-13 21-13-45.jpg (656 KB, 1523x868) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-13 21-13-45.jpg
656 KB, 1523x868
love it
>>
>Just hit max level yesterday
>missed out on the fun of EZ phoenix credits
>now I'm playing the grindan game
fuck
>>
>>330722532
this.

I mainly bought it for the Diabloesque "I want better gear" experience and the game does this pretty well.

I'd say everyone who isn't interested in that kind of stuff will be pretty disappointed playing that game.
>>
It's boring-repetitive RPG in a Tom Clancy world. If I didn't have a friend to play it with, I woulda traded it in. Destiny was a lot more fun. Guns and abilities were unique. Guns in this game are just normal guns, obviously.
>>
I haven't seen a single person go Rouge in the dark zone yet. In the beta every other minute someone was shooting someone else up
>>
File: d1a.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
d1a.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>330725072
>go into DZ alone
>look for some crowded extraction point
>shoot someone to go rogue
>quickly run into some other players
>watch them accidentally hitting each other
>they become rogue themself
>enjoy the chaos

Shit happened yesterday, it was hillarious
>>
>>330726329
that sounds like something a hothead would do
>>
>>330723602
oh I see, challenging should be now boring. We need an legend difficult mode.
>>
It's just destiny with worst shooting
>>
>>330726616
But better equipment management, complexe skills and stats system, faggot.

Go back and push your light level. Yes, one single stat.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.